Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2009, 16:29   #121
Senior - BHPian

WOw, the 550 is looking really neat! Congratulations. Why don't you start a new thread to give more info on the restoration part?
-regards,
Old 10th April 2009, 18:29   #122
BHPian

My MM 550 XDB before and after painting
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc00001.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc00002.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc00003.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc00004.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc00006.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc00007.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc00008.jpg  

Attached Images

swastikviji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2009, 18:33   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Does your vehicle have an A/C? If yes which make and cost please?
Hey Vinod,
Most people use the contessa or amby units here. It has its own seperate vent enclosure, so looks pretty neat too. Its almost as good as bolero unit, but i don't exactly remember what price i was quoted, i think it was somewhere around 6-7000bucks.
One of them has a steel+plastic enclosure, which i think was described to me as belonging to the contessa. My friend(actually ex-friend) is using this unit in his classic, and the performance is, well, about a little above adequate.
The second one has a plastic enclosure, and that they say belongs to the new amby, and this one cools just as good as my bolero does.

I wanted to enquire about the utimate unit i could get, and here goes what i was told.
The Evaporator and the vent+switching unit from the amby and rest of the jaugard from the Bolero.
I don't know how effective its going to be, but that i'll be able to tell you only when the jonga's complete. By the way, when i finally get to it, i think i'll mod one part of the equasion, and that is that the compressor will probably come off a bus a/c system rather than a Bolero's.
Old 10th April 2009, 22:38   #124
Senior - BHPian

Bikram Dont tell me Bai jee that yo ualready heading for the JONGA.
Old 10th April 2009, 23:00   #125
BHPian

Baiji, its been more than 2 yrs since i've been all over the Jonga. I was looking for a pre 70's model and i found that in calcutta. I had in the meantime bought a jonga chassis from dabwalli that had a diesel motor registered from the factory, so now i don't have to bother about papers to ponk in the cummins.
Old 11th April 2009, 01:18   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
The foot rail or rock slider (red arrow) should have been thicker not only for looks but also for durability esp. for rock sliding.
Attachment 123441
Hi guys it is a rock slider, and its not only the pipe welded on the body but the pipe is welded to athick angle bar which is bolted on the body.the pipe is of a thick gauge.
Old 11th April 2009, 01:40   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
What is the size of the tyre that you have put in those army rims? Could you also tell me the brand and the price?
Old 11th April 2009, 02:05   #128
BHPian

Wicked Wheels

Indeed wicked they are . Hey that's a totally grunge looking machine you have nice very nice it is. Could you let me know what did the tyres cost you and where could one buy them . If um not mistaken they are the maxxis mudzillaz.
Old 11th April 2009, 03:50   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
Baiji, its been more than 2 yrs since i've been all over the Jonga. I was looking for a pre 70's model and i found that in calcutta. I had in the meantime bought a jonga chassis from dabwalli that had a diesel motor registered from the factory, so now i don't have to bother about papers to ponk in the cummins.
Thats very nice that you were able to find a Diesel one. MY grand dad who built the VFJ building back in the days, was in contact with the guy till some time back. he used to tell that there was a lot of almost 100 of the Diesel ones that was relaeased and also would like to ask you when are you starting a thread regarding the same?
Old 11th April 2009, 10:07   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Hi guys it is a rock slider, and its not only the pipe welded on the body but the pipe is welded to athick angle bar which is bolted on the body.the pipe is of a thick gauge.
Thanks for the correction. The L angle I could see in your pics. my mistake in assuming that it was a side step, by the way even keeping in mind that it is a thick guage pipe....would a thicker pipe with a good guage be more helpful than the present one fitted on your handsome Jeep? Also let me know how does a rock slider actually help apart from saving the foot boards from getting dented, then again where the L angle face is in contact with the body, is there not a chance of water holding in between the gap of the two and corroding the body?

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 11th April 2009 at 10:09.
Old 11th April 2009, 10:27   #131

Hi Testdrive, thats a beautifully done jeep, beautiful in its minimalistic approach, I wanted to ask you what kind of power steering have you installed and is it difficult to do so? Also if you could give some info about your tyres size, brand and other relevant detail it would be great. Am sure once you go for the hella lamps and change the tail lamps it will look still more awsome. wish you all the best.
Old 11th April 2009, 14:38   #132
Senior - BHPian

Here are some more pics of my Jeep Cj3B with the canvas top and during an OTR in Gurgaon in the Aravallis.
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-cj2b-009.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-cj2b-011.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-cj2b-012.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc07851.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-dsc08002.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-otrmar14-008.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-otrmar14-012.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-otrmar14-022.jpg  

Old 11th April 2009, 15:14   #133
BHPian

this one looks exactly like my '71, except a few minor details. I too would have posted the pics if i had some 7x16's on it. Its going to be very embarrasing to post pics of it in the condition it is.
By the way,love this colour.

Deep, i am still working with the diff-locks, and sincei'am studing i di'nt get enough time to do anything much about it. The jonga differential is so tight, that stuffing in anything to lock it up is very difficult. The moment its done. it would be time to get the Jonag from calcutta sand start with "project gravel pit".

Last edited by Brutus : 11th April 2009 at 15:17. Reason: missed
Old 12th April 2009, 11:22   #134
Senior - BHPian

Stick to 6x16 NDMS tyres on CJ3B. 7 inches is not a good idea. During hard steering off road, the tyres rub with the fenders.
Old 12th April 2009, 11:34   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hi test drive,
A very neat looking MM550 XD. I have few questions for you-

1. What type of P/S assembly is it? How much did it cost you?

2. The rear springs are flat. Did you make it like that for better ride quality?

3. Does your vehicle have an A/C? If yes which make and cost please?

with regards
N Vinod
Answers:
1. Dont know the P/S type or make. The mechanic sourced it for Rs.7000. I will get the details and post them.

2. Yes, the rear leaf springs have been flattened to improve the ride. Do this only if you dont plan to carry a lot of weight in the back.

3. Dont have an A/C and dont plan on getting one.

Some of you have asked about the tyres:
Make: Yokohama Geolander AT/S (Tubeless)
Size: 255/65R16

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks