Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:09   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Thanks Attari. I know the one that you are talking about. That 3A is in a class of its own just like its master. You are talking about UBS's 3A right?
UBS's 3A it is...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post1295302
Old 9th June 2009, 15:22   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

A restored CJ3B is up for grabs here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1339124-post1359.html
Old 9th June 2009, 16:17   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A restored CJ3B is up for grabs here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1339124-post1359.html
Karl, what a coincedence!? I was replying to that thread when I received the notification email about your post .
Old 24th June 2009, 21:14   #64
BHPian

Santhosh, a beautiful restoration. I really like your CJ3B.

Well done!!
Old 15th July 2009, 23:43   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewJ View Post
Santhosh, a beautiful restoration. I really like your CJ3B.

Well done!!
Restored....?

Mathew, santhosh's jeep is still stock and original

I really dont know when he'll find time to start restoration of his Willyboy.

I know Santhosh, you are really a busy man these days, but why punish the poor Willyboy, its time you shake and wake up..

Best of Luck, call me for any help, anytime ( last time he called me for help, i broke his ORIGINAL steering wheel into pieces )
Old 19th August 2009, 13:05   #66
BHPian

Hi All

Please help me also in finding a good willys, Pavan bhai request you to let me know if there are any jeeps in bangalore.
help

Regards,

Quote:
I would like to thank a few t-bhpians who helped me a lot during my sojourn and also have been constantly helping me in getting my jeep to shape:
Raghavendra(Pavan Kadam): for being a great buddy, hearing me out patiently for the last 6 months, giving me leads about Jeeps on sale, accompanying me on many Jeep inspections, for helping me sort out the initial niggling issues with the Jeep, towing the Jeep 18 kms when the vehicle had carburetor issues, for helping me in getting the Jeep to its current state and lots more
UBS(Uday Bhan Singh): for guiding me during the last three months in my quest for a jeep, for giving me pieces of valuable information about how a 1955 Jeep should be. He has also offered to help me with some rare spare parts.
Jammy(MM440): for letting me buy this jeep off him. Jammy wanted to do this Jeep up himself since it was a rare find. He only let me have it after being totally convinced that I would restore and take good care of the jeep.
Arka(ex670c) and Mahendra(Nitrous): for guiding me when I had found another Willys a few months ago.
Shahnawaz(khan_sultan): for his constant interactions via PM/phone during my search, for encouraging me to accompany the jeepers on an OTR. This really helped me understand whether I really wanted a Jeep or was it just another passing fancy. I knew for sure that I really wanted a jeep.

I would also like to thank T-bhp and the CJ3B Page for helping me learn and understand the Jeep better
Old 19th August 2009, 14:45   #67
BHPian

I have not updated this thread for a long time. Reason is, my steering failed while returning home after participating in the Devarabetta OTR. I had to engage professional towing service to tow the Jeep to my home. Thanks to help from some t-bhpian and Jeeper, I was able to source an original "ROSS" LHD steering box. When the mechanic came home, we decided to first do overhaul the knuckles as I was having a steering wobble. When we dismantled the knuckle, we found the real cause for the wobble - the differential housing on my Jeep had cracked at the point where the king-pin bearing(short tube side) is fitted. My mechanic and other Jeepers told me how lucky I was that it did not give way at the OTR.

My mechanic suggested that I get a scrapped Differential, cut the short tube from it and weld it to mine in a well-equipped Lathe that he was aware of. I had read on Arka's 540 thread, that he had interchanged the tubes on his rear diff as it was from a Bolero, so I knew it was possible. So, I consulted Jeep experts (Jammy, Arka & UBS Sir) and they advised me not to try to fix it by welding it with an tube from a Dana 44 as it needs very high precision job. If it was not done properly, I would lose symmetry and the vehicle steering would become very unpredictable as this was the front diff which also does steering duty. All of them asked me to check with Suresh Stephen as he is very good at engineering, but even he suggested the same. So now, I need to replace the entire differential housing. Since my Jeep has a rare Dana 25 unlike most CJ3Bs, I would prefer to fit a Dana 25 itself. To my good luck, UBS Sir has found a Dana 25 and will be sending it soon.

Another advice from all the above-mentioned experts is to not use my CJ3B for off-roading as it was rare and needs to be preserved. You can feel the love for the Jeep when you speak to them and I respect their view. While it makes me feel good that my 3B is rare, I also love off-roading in it. When my pocket allows, I will go in for another off-roader. Until then, I will participate in some "not so wild" off-roading.

@MathewJ: Thanks for your kind words. Like Pavan mentioned, I still need to restore the 3B. It is in running condition and I am collection spares for the restore.

@Pavan: Yes buddy, I have gotten really busy offlate especially after becoming a dad. Even I am feeling bad about the Willys sitting idle. Will get it back into action soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Please help me also in finding a good willys, Pavan bhai request you to let me know if there are any jeeps in bangalore.
help

Regards,
Sure Beetleboy, will let you know. But, keep an eye open on all classifieds too. There is a list of auto classifieds that Kittigadu has put up in his Jeep's thread and they are good.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:13   #68
BANNED

Quote:
I have not updated this thread for a long time. Reason is, my steering failed while returning home after participating in the Devarabetta OTR.

Another advice from all the above-mentioned experts is to not use my CJ3B for off-roading as it was rare and needs to be preserved.

@Pavan: Yes buddy, I have gotten really busy offlate especially after becoming a dad. Even I am feeling bad about the Willys sitting idle. Will get it back into action soon.
No reasons buddy, there's a saying "Little droplets of water make a mighty ocean". Do small jobs yourself on the jeep month by month, atleast by the end of 6 months the project will automatically come through.

A Jeep is a jeep is a jeep, and needs to be restored like a jeep and needs to be run like a jeep. I somehow don't believe in preserving, take good care of it thats enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks