Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 20:25   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Harjeev, can you throw some light on the NDMS tyres, their advantages and disadvantages, both on road as well as off road. I need to decode fast what to get for my CJ though im tilted towards the NDMS.

What about the Safari from MRF as it is an NDMS type tyre with some treads in the contact patch. Will those be better than the normal NDMS? Thanks in anticipation.

Hey V-16 Safari tread pattern has been discontinued.
Its an excellent pre-war tread pattern for Cj3B's.

Did you say CJ,..is it a CJ3B or a CJ-340.

If its a 3B, then look no further than the MRF 6:16 NDMS.
If its a CL/CJ 340 then look at a slightly wider (softer) tread pattern.

Make from the BF goodrich or Maxxis range should suit it good.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:08   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Harjeev,
Thats a pretty neat CJ3B you've got there.
Thanks Fazal!!

Quote:
Harjeev, can you throw some light on the NDMS tyres, their advantages and disadvantages, both on road as well as off road. I need to decode fast what to get for my CJ though im tilted towards the NDMS.

What about the Safari from MRF as it is an NDMS type tyre with some treads in the contact patch. Will those be better than the normal NDMS? Thanks in anticipation.
Gogi
I have used the tyres for only 2.5 kms and my use is only off-road. For on road use I had the MM550 earlier and now have the gypsy. So I wouldn't be the right person to give you the correct advise, but still based on my limited experience
  • I bought the tyres as
    • they were cheap 2.5k for a tyre tube, one cant get a much better deal than that
    • in the looks department they look great with the overall stature of the CJ3B,
    • Size wise I would have preferred the 7X16 NDMS but they are not easily available, and the ones that are (SPEEDWAYS) are ridiculously priced
    • Fellow jeepers in NCR have been using them on CJ3B's, GPW's MB and all of them swear by it. Further these tyres I feel are a balance for all kinds of terrain mud, slush, rock, etc. The only place where I feel they lack slightly is sand. But again not that much. Balance of everything in one package
  • On Road use I will not be too confident to comment as the majority on road usage is traveling to the OTR venue twice a month, So for that usage they are great, other than this I drive is occasionally for leasure
  • I have driven them on speeds of 80ish but these tyres give me the most peace of mind and confidence at speeds of 50-65 km/hr with occasional flirting 70-75 km/hr
  • No idea about the safari tyres
I hope this helps
Cheers
Old 14th March 2010, 23:54   #153
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your reply Harjeev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Hey V-16 Safari tread pattern has been discontinued.
Its an excellent pre-war tread pattern for Cj3B's.

Did you say CJ,..is it a CJ3B or a CJ-340.

If its a 3B, then look no further than the MRF 6:16 NDMS.
If its a CL/CJ 340 then look at a slightly wider (softer) tread pattern.

Make from the BF goodrich or Maxxis range should suit it good.
So that means i cant get a tyre with best of both worlds. i saw on the net that even Birla tyres make a similar tyre like the Safari. Would you know if that is available?

My Jeep is a CJ-3B Hurricane engined RCL.

Heres a link to my thread. Would like some advice there too. (Sorry for hijacking your thread Chadha saab)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-now-what.html
Old 15th March 2010, 13:18   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Harjeev.
So that means i cant get a tyre with best of both worlds. i saw on the net that even Birla tyres make a similar tyre like the Safari. Would you know if that is available?
Nope BKT does'nt make this pattern either. Ask around with dealers they may have some old stock left.

There is another pattern from mrf called Big Rover. It looks purposeful but I have been told to stay away from this pattern, as this is basically a high mileage hard compound tyre for rural taxis.

Speedway 7.16's are available,..not proven though.
The Flying Laxman has a 9.5X16 on his Dodge weapons carrier.

You could give it a try. sales@speedwaystyres.com
Address the Mail to Randeep.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:32   #155
Senior - BHPian

JEEP Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
There is another pattern from mrf called Big Rover. It looks purposeful but I have been told to stay away from this pattern, as this is basically a high mileage hard compound tyre for rural taxis.
The MRF Big Rover is good tyre Off-Road, I have seen HBVivek's (Rainmaker) CJ3B in action with those tyres, and are very good on Mud and Rocks.

Willys Tire Application Chart on The CJ3B Page

Regards,

Arka

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks