Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 17:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

dumb koshun:

How do you plan to ensure the 3B doesn't decay in the interim while vitamin M is fueled up post 550's restoration?
Old 30th December 2008, 18:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
dumb koshun:

How do you plan to ensure the 3B doesn't decay in the interim while vitamin M is fueled up post 550's restoration?
I have covered it up with an old car cover of my accent and tightly tied it up from the center, front and back. Also I will try to open it up every 15 days or so and tell the drivers to clean it up completely, Not wash but clean it with a damp cloth.
I think this should be OK and the vehicle should not decay this way??
Attached Thumbnails
Harjeev's Mahindra CJ3B-img_3366.jpg  

Harjeev's Mahindra CJ3B-img_3367.jpg  

Old 31st December 2008, 09:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev, the way you have ignited the minds of people around India on ex-army jeeps, I can imagine very soon you are going to have a title against your name 'Mayapuri army disposals consultant'. And yeah, you will definitely see a new thread from me very soon.
-Best regards,
Old 31st December 2008, 21:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Harjeev, the way you have ignited the minds of people around India on ex-army jeeps, I can imagine very soon you are going to have a title against your name 'Mayapuri army disposals consultant'. And yeah, you will definitely see a new thread from me very soon.
-Best regards,
Hey thats a nice one

BTW I was just wondering the 440 I saw at Jasvinder's workshop why did you put in an Isuzu engine & gearbox when it already came with a petrol engine and 4x4 transfer case?
Old 31st December 2008, 22:01   #35
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

Looking at the way ur jeep is going on is really encouraging. By the were are you getting your jeep built, is it in delhi or somewhere else. Seems they are doing really nice job n its coming out too good.

The cost of rebuilt is high, actually more than even i thought off. My budget is not more than 1.5 all inclusive, is that enough?

post latest pictures please.

cheers - kailash
Old 31st December 2008, 22:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Harjeev,

Looking at the way ur jeep is going on is really encouraging. By the were are you getting your jeep built, is it in delhi or somewhere else. Seems they are doing really nice job n its coming out too good.

The cost of rebuilt is high, actually more than even i thought off. My budget is not more than 1.5 all inclusive, is that enough?

post latest pictures please.

cheers - kailash
Hi kailash
Thanks. All the work is being done by my cousin. The MM50 is being restored in Greater Noida. It is about 60kms from my house. you can find all about it on this thread MM550

Also did you get the links that I sent you ad you never called??
Old 1st January 2009, 02:08   #37
BANNED

Dont you have a covered parking to store the Jeep? Somehow parking it in the open with just the cover wont help.

While the guys are cleaning would it be difficult to take her for a spin once in 15 days? I think that would keep the Jeep healthier for long.
Old 3rd January 2009, 00:22   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Harjeev,

Congrats on your second purchase. Man you have all the luck. I am looking for an army spec jeep too but never found one. Had PMed randeep for more mayapuri jeeps and he said there should be a new lot coming in Jan hence waiting for my turn.

But if you can help me find one I will be really grateful to you.

Regards,
Kailash
Hi, sorry for the butting in but of late have been spending more time at the Mayapuri market than hanging with the girl. Anyway, the gentleman at Padam motors told me, they're having a new lot coming in on Monday

K
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Dont you have a covered parking to store the Jeep? Somehow parking it in the open with just the cover wont help.

While the guys are cleaning would it be difficult to take her for a spin once in 15 days? I think that would keep the Jeep healthier for long.
I dont have have a covered parking. And also the jeep is not in drivable condition and i had to tow it to my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer View Post
Hi, sorry for the butting in but of late have been spending more time at the Mayapuri market than hanging with the girl. Anyway, the gentleman at Padam motors told me, they're having a new lot coming in on Monday

K
Yeah I went there yesterday as well and he says that a new lot is expected next week
Old 7th January 2009, 17:51   #40
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

You picked up a Cj3B also. Thats neat man. Keep the seats original. These Jeeps look amazing.

Cheers !!!!!!
Old 7th January 2009, 18:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Harjeev,

You picked up a Cj3B also. Thats neat man. Keep the seats original. These Jeeps look amazing.

Cheers !!!!!!

Yeah Randeep that right!!
Yeah these seats are crap and would be swapping them for the original ones. I have attached the link of the final product that I have in mind
Old 12th January 2009, 14:30   #42
BHPian

@ Harjeev - Can you provide me with the details of the petrol engine in your 3b. Is it the 1.8 lt isuzu that used to come in ambys? Are the spare parts easily available to overhaul it? What would be a tentaive cost to overhaul this engine + gearbox + clutch. Any idea?

cheers
vishwas
Old 12th January 2009, 15:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
@ Harjeev - Can you provide me with the details of the petrol engine in your 3b. Is it the 1.8 lt isuzu that used to come in ambys?
The 3b in all probability will be having the stock hurricane petrol engine.
Old 12th January 2009, 17:33   #44
BHPian

It is raining jeeps for you man.. Have fun.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Yeah Randeep that right!!
Yeah these seats are crap and would be swapping them for the original ones. I have attached the link of the final product that I have in mind
Hi Harjeev Congrats When do we see your new Jeep... Regds... Amit (NIOC)

Most Viewed