Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 11:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I too thought so till my cousin living in DXB said i10 (other Hyundai products too) have bad built quality and so he didnt even want to check one in India.

How can this be? Only we in India get a better quality from Hyundai?
JK Quality is meeting the customer requirements and it is a relative term,
people in India may perceive i10 build quality to be good but in USA and Eu
Hyundai quality is considered as a joke ( much below American Manufacturers ) because mainline average product line if filled up by Honda ,Toyota , Citroen , Volvo and Mercedes ( in europe )
In india these manufacturers price themselves out ot reach of middle class.
Incidentally Mercedese adopts same pricing policy in USA.

The perception of quality is quite different in USA and Europe and as same products are launched in middle east the bar is high ,
Old 7th January 2009, 14:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey floks,
Bolero pik up what you get here is different mechanically than what you get abroad. Here the best pick up from M&M stable on bolero is Camper DX with IFS and A/C. I dont know if they have started offering P/S on it as an option.

The one in the picture has an IFS with 4wd and has P/S, A/C with CRde engine. Would have been glad if we could get this combo on camper DX in india
Attached Thumbnails
M&M 4x4 vehicles we DONT get in India!-1.jpg  

Old 7th January 2009, 14:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Needless to mention the pickup available with IFS and 4wd is not as good off road as it is on road. Watch this video. Limited axle articulation and no diff locks makes life miserable.

Old 7th January 2009, 19:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

so that makes a statement....

...indian consumers are 3rd rated from a 3rd world even for indian automobile manufacturers!

some points i like to add by comparing vehicle sold in dubai and india.

india got the new civic and accord with paddle shift gears in the steering much before than dubai!

cheers:
Old 7th January 2009, 21:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Needless to mention the pickup available with IFS and 4wd is not as good off road as it is on road. Watch this video. Limited axle articulation and no diff locks makes life miserable.
Not bad for the little Bolero camper 4x4. She really did quite well compared to some of the big bad boys like the LC and Nissan out there. Seemed a lot more agile. Yes, it does lack brute force (and quite a struggle in video 2), but it more than made up in its light weight and adequate diesel torque.

Last edited by Roshun : 7th January 2009 at 21:02. Reason: typo
Old 8th January 2009, 01:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

anyone having enough contact or pull in M&M to take out an export model to be used in india?

cheers:
Old 8th January 2009, 03:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
JK Quality is meeting the customer requirements and it is a relative term,
people in India may perceive i10 build quality to be good but in USA and Eu Hyundai quality is considered as a joke ( much below American Manufacturers ) because mainline average product line if filled up by Honda ,Toyota , Citroen , Volvo and Mercedes ( in europe )
In india these manufacturers price themselves out ot reach of middle class.Incidentally Mercedese adopts same pricing policy in USA.

The perception of quality is quite different in USA and Europe and as same products are launched in middle east the bar is high ,
Quite true. The cars available in the US (even the base models on the cheaper cars) have a different level of quality. I would say that some of the newer cars like the Verna have higher quality parts on them.The Civic, Verna and the Aveo are cars available in the US & Indian markets,however I'm not too sure of how different the quality levels are in comparison.
Old 8th January 2009, 03:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Well SMUR stands for (Service Mobile d'Urgence et de Réanimation)

i.e. Mobile Emergency & Resuscitation Service.

So I'm guessing this is for the French Market?

Or could it be just an aspirational spend of Mahindra's advertising euros, at some European exhibition?

Hi guys,
this good pictures are from "Bologna Motorshow" wich was held in Italy about a month ago.
The vehicle look equipped for the french market even if
SMUR stands for (Servizio Mobile d'Urgenza e Rianimazione) also in Italian and means exactly the same!
This are demo vehicles from the exhibition in Bologna.
The M&M vehicles sold here are only equipped with 2.5 crde euro4.
Ciao

Ignazio
Old 8th January 2009, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Hi Parm,

The pics of the Brown crew cab with the removable fiber top and the one with a winch are just amazing. Would love to see these on Indian soil ya.

Good collection of pics. Mahindra seriously rocks !!!!!

Cheers !!!!!!
Old 8th January 2009, 15:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

thanks randeep for the appriciation. i do some real deep search to make a totally different jeep for myself in noida, thats how i land with such photos during my search on web.

cheers...

Parminder
Old 8th January 2009, 15:13   #26
BHPian

Mahindra Sell them in South African Market too here is the link Welcome to the realm of Mahindra & Mahindra South Africa
Old 9th January 2009, 01:07   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
few more photos of these 4x4 versions of our beloved scorpio which we dont get in india!

did anyone notice individual captain seats in the 2nd row?
Captain seats are available in india as well,we have it in our scorpio,we have converted it into a four seater by removing last row.
Old 12th January 2009, 01:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

these small additions like a better alloy, bull guard, top rack plus a red color with black bumpers make it look good overseas. m&m should bring this variant to india.
Attached Thumbnails
M&M 4x4 vehicles we DONT get in India!-diesel_13.jpg  

M&M 4x4 vehicles we DONT get in India!-diesel_15.jpg  

Last edited by amit V8 : 12th January 2009 at 01:56.
Old 12th January 2009, 05:48   #29
BHPian

I don't like the European name of Scorpio (Goa), it doesn't sound rough and tough like a SUV.
Mahindra is also planning to launch Scorpio as Goa in UK. I doubt this car will get the sucess, probably fail like TATA safari.
Old 12th January 2009, 07:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
these small additions like a better alloy, bull guard, top rack plus a red color with black bumpers make it look good overseas. m&m should bring this variant to india.
Definately the Scorpio looks great.

I wanted to know more about the trolly (sorry I do not know the actual name, perhaps Camper trolly). Are they available in India?? They always attracted me a lot and can be a great thing if attached to our Jeeps. Fully freedom and can spend night under starts quite easily.

Most Viewed