Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 12:25   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Do let me know in case you are not able to source the tyres from Pune!!! I arranged a set of 5 Apolo Sandgrips for Jayesh in South India and the tyre guy in karol bagh transported them to his place!!

Thanks Bro..

Will let you know if I am not able to source it . What was the cost there for 5 sets(Tyre and Tube)?

Tarkesh
Old 14th July 2009, 17:49   #167
BHPian

Hi all,

I sent my person to BM Lal Chennai . This person is crazy.
He has Apollo Bullets but these are like 12 to 15 years old .
He has tyres from 1994/1996 etc. He is not willing to reduce the rate as well . He says Rs.4100/- per set but for these 12 to 15 years old tyres is it worth to pay Rs20K ?

Harjeev the tyre set which you gave to Jayesh was this old? I can collect it from Karol bagh if you help. My person will carry cash as well.

Tarkesh
Old 14th July 2009, 19:02   #168
Senior - BHPian

He must think people are stupid or that consumers think tyres mature with age like fine wine.

I would not even pay 4100 for a complete set of such old tyres. Old tyres can blow out so good job you did not go for these.
Old 14th July 2009, 23:16   #169
Senior - BHPian

The tyres that Jayesh and the ones that I have on my 550 are 2008 make. Mine are November 2008 and I am not sure about the month of Jayesh's tyres!!!

When I was buying I even got the option of buying 5 year old tyres for like 3.6 k approx per tyre & tube with bill but I decided against it as I dint want so old tyres.
Secondly it takes time to source the tyres sometime weeks, but I know the guy very well and many of the NIOC jeepers have bought stuff from him!!!

Do let me know if you are interested and I will PM you the number but only deal if you are 200% comfortable!!! As i do get involved in matters of financial transactions, the experience has been always bitter in the past
Old 15th July 2009, 09:55   #170
BHPian

Quote:
The tyres that Jayesh and the ones that I have on my 550 are 2008 make. Mine are November 2008 and I am not sure about the month of Jayesh's tyres!!!

When I was buying I even got the option of buying 5 year old tyres for like 3.6 k approx per tyre & tube with bill but I decided against it as I dint want so old tyres.

Do let me know if you are interested and I will PM you the number but only deal if you are 200% comfortable!!! As i do get involved in matters of financial transactions, the experience has been always bitter in the past
Satnam ,you are right the person was so rigid that as if the tyres are salable like a hot cake and he will get the price as he wanted. Useless fellow...

Harjeev, Thats great , I would like to go for the same new tyres , may be 1 year old is ok but Chennai guy is crazy and selling me 15 years old tyres in same rate.

Secondly I fully agree with your point regarding financial transactions and my person will carry cash, he will pick up and deliver it to me as well . You need not to worry about it.You just have to giude him or coordinate. It would be great help.

Tarkesh
Old 15th July 2009, 12:37   #171
Senior - BHPian

Sure thing!!!

Karan Chawla
Kartar Tyre House
Karol Bagh

If you talk to him Karan tell him Harjeev from NIOC as he's not the internet types and doesn't know about TeamBHP but if frequet at the NIOC OTR's!!!
Old 15th July 2009, 18:06   #172
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He says Rs.4100/- per set but for these 12 to 15 years old tyres is it worth to pay Rs20K ?
They aren't worth even 20 bucks! Rubber deteriorates with time, and 15 year old tyres are suicide warrants. Tyres are your sole point of contact with the road, that palm sized contact patch can make / break a life...choose sensibly.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:29   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They aren't worth even 20 bucks! Rubber deteriorates with time, and 15 year old tyres are suicide warrants. Tyres are your sole point of contact with the road, that palm sized contact patch can make / break a life...choose sensibly.
Thanks GTO,

I am not buying it from Chennai. Harjeev has helped me in getting the same from Delhi. I will send my person to collect it from KarolBag.

Tarkesh
Old 20th July 2009, 15:52   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Sure thing!!!

Karan Chawla
Kartar Tyre House
Karol Bagh

If you talk to him Karan tell him Harjeev from NIOC as he's not the internet types and doesn't know about TeamBHP but if frequet at the NIOC OTR's!!!
Hi Harjeev,

I spoke to Karan on Friday and he gave me rate of Rs.4950/- per set of Tyre and tube. I told your name but he is not ready to reduce the rate. Then I finalised and asked him to procure the tyres for me. My person has given him Rs10 K as advance as asked by Karan. He will be giving the tyres by this Friday in Delhi. I would get it in Pune 4-5 days after that.

Thanks for your help bro, Karan told me that you had spoken to him regarding this.

Tarkesh
Old 20th July 2009, 21:39   #175
Senior - BHPian

Tarkesh you are most welcome and its always a pleasure!!!

Actually when I bought the tyres he had told me that the price he's charging me is specifically for NIOC members. You see karan also happens to be present at some of the OTR's and many of the NIOC jeepers come to him for their requirements!!!
Maybe this is the price what he charges normally!!!
Please tell your person to check the manufacturing year and month of the tyre and not to accept anything less than 2008!!!
Old 21st July 2009, 10:34   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Tarkesh you are most welcome and its always a pleasure!!!

Actually when I bought the tyres he had told me that the price he's charging me is specifically for NIOC members. You see karan also happens to be present at some of the OTR's and many of the NIOC jeepers come to him for their requirements!!!
Maybe this is the price what he charges normally!!!
Please tell your person to check the manufacturing year and month of the tyre and not to accept anything less than 2008!!!
Yes Harjeev,

When I spoke to Karan I told him specifically that I want new tyres and he also agreed that the tyre will be new.

No issues about the rate , I think its just 300bucks more per tyre than NIOC members.

Tarkesh
Old 27th July 2009, 11:53   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
When I spoke to Karan I told him specifically that I want new tyres and he also agreed that the tyre will be new.

No issues about the rate , I think its just 300bucks more per tyre than NIOC members.

Tarkesh

Hi Guys,

Some issue at Apollo Bullets and Karan is unable to supply the Bullets , instead he has JK Sandgrips which are available. The rate would be somewhat similar and he says Apollo Bullets,MRF Sandgrips, and JK sandgrips are approved by DRO of Army supply so there will not be any change in the properties of the tyre. I am thinking of going ahead with JK as I already had planned for Sandgrips(any MRF.Apollo,JK) , now I dont want to go back and change to BFGs or Michelins.

What Say?

Tarkesh
Old 30th July 2009, 19:10   #178
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Let me tell you one thing I have got the Sandgrips for my 550. Harjeev is great help in sourcing these from Delhi.

I want some info about the special accesories for typical Army Look 550- Fully loaded.

I have already got following things with me.

1) Shovel
2) Front and Back Black outs
3) Fender Focus light with black out cover
4) Extra Focus lights
5) Jerry Can
6) Axe
7) D clamps on bumper
8) Tow hook on rear side
9) Metal rings on rear bumper with standing plate on it.
10) Rotating swith with S1,S2,S3 markings for all external lights
11) Special Army Jack with foldable tommy.

I have some in my mind if these are available - Gun Holder, tool Box , Special mirrors, Antenna mounting stand, Amo Box, ...etc

Can you pls let me know what else can be fitted or added in to 550? and what can be available in Mayapuri?

Harjeev I think you can help me in this as well if you have seen any of these and more than this as well.

Tarkesh
Old 30th July 2009, 20:12   #179
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tarkesh,
You can get every thing you have mentioned in your list from Mayapuri but quality is not that good. As you are in Pune, i know one Jeep Mechanic in Pune where i used to service my Willys/Ford. He is bit on expensive side but he can arrange all accessories you want. One more thing he is Jeep enthusiastic person (60 years old ) very knowledgable for old vehicles and work only on Jeeps, wherever you face any problem you can contact him. You can give my reference by saying 'Brown Ford'.
His address is Suleman Arab, 481, Rasta Peth, Opp Ashok Hotel, Pune - 9850514240
Old 30th July 2009, 21:49   #180
Senior - BHPian

Ricky,

Not sure about down south but in Punjab you could get some of the things you mentioned from markets around army camps. Empty ammo boxes were pretty easy to source in Jalandhar when I was last there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks