Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 18:43   #286
BHPian

Good News!!!

Hey Guys,

Good news!!! My Jeep got registered!!!

My friend from Delhi helped me to get it registered in Manipur. I will be getting the papers this weekend RC TC bok etc. And NOC from Manipur will follow in next 15 days. I can drive it anywhere now.

Tarkesh
Old 18th June 2010, 07:31   #287
Senior - BHPian

congrats ricky

btw it will have a DL passing, when are you transferring it to kolhapur?
Old 18th June 2010, 09:29   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hey Guys,
Good news!!! My Jeep got registered!!!
My friend from Delhi helped me to get it registered in Manipur.....
Manipur??? It must 've been quite a task! Registration is one major major hassle with army disposal vehicles..too many complications. But good that its finally done at the end! So will this 've a Manipur number or you can transfer it to y'r neighboring RTO?
Old 18th June 2010, 10:30   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
congrats ricky

btw it will have a DL passing, when are you transferring it to kolhapur?

Thanks

It will not have DL passing, It is MN-- ---- passing . After getting the NOC I will transfer it to Kolhapur.

Tarkesh
Old 18th June 2010, 10:43   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Thanks

It will not have DL passing, It is MN-- ---- passing . After getting the NOC I will transfer it to Kolhapur.

Tarkesh
@ Kandisa - Manipur??? It must 've been quite a task! Registration is one major major hassle with army disposal vehicles..too many complications. But good that its finally done at the end! So will this 've a Manipur number or you can transfer it to y'r neighboring RTO?

My friend only knows what he has done. Actually he tried in Punjab first but I think it failed then the RTO agent who does Ex Army transfers told my friend that he will do it from Manipur , I was like !!! Manipur !!! But it happened. I will get NOC after 15 - 20 days then I will transfer it to Kolhapur .
Old 31st August 2010, 01:02   #291

Hi Tarkesh

Great job on the restoration, more than anything else I am impressed with your patience and determination!!
This is a great thread and will provide loads of information to newbies like me who want to build jeeps for themselves.
However I feel there are a couple of aspects on which some more info can be shared:-
A) you have mentioned only the initial 60K for the purchase, how about the rest that you have spent on restoration and spares, can you share an approx breakup on what you spent for various spares and restoration
B) Can you highlight more on the registration process as I understand, registration of ex army vehicles is a major issue. What all formalities, documentation and cost was required to complete it.

Cheers
Chandeep
Old 31st August 2010, 11:03   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersingh1984 View Post
Hi Tarkesh

Great job on the restoration, more than anything else I am impressed with your patience and determination!!
This is a great thread and will provide loads of information to newbies like me who want to build jeeps for themselves.
However I feel there are a couple of aspects on which some more info can be shared:-
A) you have mentioned only the initial 60K for the purchase, how about the rest that you have spent on restoration and spares, can you share an approx breakup on what you spent for various spares and restoration
B) Can you highlight more on the registration process as I understand, registration of ex army vehicles is a major issue. What all formalities, documentation and cost was required to complete it.

Cheers
Chandeep
Hi Chandeep,

Thanks for your appreciation. Yes it definitely needs a lot of patience . It took almost 9 months to come to this stage.

Spare wise cost break up is impossible now as I have not kept the track that way but in total I spent almost 200k including Registration. Actually it was less but today the vehicle is in different condition than the pics updated here, I have not uploaded the latest pics . Its a secret!!!!!
Will reveal it soon.

Registration Process is difficult but not impossible. I did it through my friend in Delhi. Actually he contacted one agent who deals with Army Auctioned vehicles registration. Agent first tried to do the regi in Punjab but due to some issue could not do it, so he then did the regi in Manipur in the name of the dealer and provided the NOC to get it done in Maharashtra, if I want to do it here.

Thanks ,

Tarkesh
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:59   #293
BHPian

Excellent job on the MM550.
Looks wonderful
Please post the updated pics ASAP.!
Old 8th September 2010, 18:57   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Excellent job on the MM550.
Looks wonderful
Please post the updated pics ASAP.!

Thanks Iron!!!

Sure I will.. I am keeping it a hidden till it gets complete from all aspect as I wanted.

Just a few new things...

New Fresh Military Green Paint with very little pearl effect...
New Endevour Seats at front...
New additional headlghts at Front..
All new accesories...
New extended fendors...
All new soft top... etc...

Tarkesh
Old 8th September 2010, 23:14   #295
BHPian

break the suspense post the pics soon , i thought you were based in mumbai , but will catch up with you when i go to panchgani , mostly go every weekend.

Last edited by rahultomahawk : 8th September 2010 at 23:15.
Old 9th September 2010, 13:21   #296

Hi Tarkesh

In 200K you have got yourself a beauty!! But not to forget all the technical learning you got with the pleasure of building it
Keep it up!! I am waiting for the new Pics, please don't keep us waiting for long!!

Cheers
Chandeep
Old 13th September 2010, 13:07   #297

Hi Tarkesh

I am in the process of getting an army disposal Jeep myself. Request you to PM me the name and contact number of your friend/agent from whom you got the registration done. I would like to take some advice before I finally submit my papers to the Army.
Still waiting for the new pics

Thanks
Chandeep
Old 13th September 2010, 16:44   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tarkesh

In 200K you have got yourself a beauty!! But not to forget all the technical learning you got with the pleasure of building it
Keep it up!! I am waiting for the new Pics, please don't keep us waiting for long!!

Cheers
Chandeep
Hey Chandeep,

Its just till 1st Phase of restoration , this additional Phase 2 has additional cost. So the overall cost is 200K + 2nd Phase of restoration

Quote:
Hi Tarkesh

I am in the process of getting an army disposal Jeep myself. Request you to PM me the name and contact number of your friend/agent from whom you got the registration done. I would like to take some advice before I finally submit my papers to the Army.
Still waiting for the new pics

Thanks
Chandeep
I got it from my friend who knows the agent , actually I do not know the agent's name. I will check the name if possible and let you know.

Tarkesh
Old 28th September 2010, 21:41   #299
BHPian

Gents This is long due..
it has been a month or so that the 4x4 idea has been taking shape and obviously have been combing through the threads to whatever I could gather from here
while still in the classic conflict of a Gypsy or a MM550 I am at present open minded and evaluating all options
it was during this pursuit that I bumped into Tarkesh and his friend from Mumbai and not to miss a Quack too, right here on this site
tied up with Tarkesh and finally visited his house to see the Jeep
The Jeeps looks fab., very meticulously done and looks quite neat and sober, surprisingly the Skoda front seats and the innova rear seats fit very well, infact the cream color seats looks really classy
Must say that the workmanship on his vehicle is beyond commerce (thanks to his in-house connections)
the battery was out so could not drive it and am now sitting pretty on the perch to do so as soon as it is up
Tarkesh, and your bro..great job!!
Another great guy is Sanjay from Mumbai, have you entered the arena yet? Have your credentials arrived
as for me, I have recently sold off a small car that was used as a second car and mostly for my wife’s use, and am now trying to trick such that I get this jeep/gypsy and she uses it whenever she needs and I use it for off-road, however looks like NO is the only answer that is destined whenever I initiate the conversation
today I chanced upon this rural civil contractor whom I saw using a 4x4 540, I casually walked up to him and struck the conversation and by the end of it I saw some light in the tunnel and if I am lucky enough I should be able to find a MH registered 4x4 540 (non-disposal) for a price much below 1 lakh
if that’s the case then I should be able to go for it without any concern and my wife can go for some fancy hatchback
cheers

Last edited by Anupam : 28th September 2010 at 21:43.
Old 29th September 2010, 11:48   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
..Gents This is long due..
........I saw some light in the tunnel and if I am lucky enough I should be able to find a MH registered 4x4 540 (non-disposal) for a price much below 1 lakh..
I guess its better to start a new thread on your Jeep experience. And very sensible decision, a civilian running vehicle, that too locally registered, is any day better than going for an army disposal vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks