Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 15:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

Not sure on the exact MICO part number. But you can use other glowplugs, they do not have to be MICO.

But Denso branded XD3P glow plugs are part # DG 001.

Bosch part # 0 250 201 039

Lucas # LP033

(The above are all quality glow plugs, plenty of cheap options in the UK which from experience are not worth buying as they were poor quality and the car would struggle to start in the cold after less than a year, Bosch and Lucas can last a few years)

Have you not got an old plug you can take to the spare parts dealer ?

Last edited by bigman : 16th February 2009 at 15:46.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:36   #62
BANNED

Isnt this the IDI Engine? Glowplugs will be the same as the Bolero IDI.

For all those suggesting to crank engine without working glowplugs. Think again.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
For all those suggesting to crank engine without working glowplugs. Think again.
Seen it done a few times, the chaps from the RAC are experts at it. Did no harm to my engine.

However with all the cranking you have to be careful not to mess up your starter and zap your battery. The RAC chaps used to use attach leads to my battery from their commerical battery boosters whilst doing it.

Last edited by bigman : 16th February 2009 at 15:44.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:47   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Not sure on the exact part number.

But Denso branded XD3P glow plugs are part # DG 001.

Bosch part # 0 250 201 039

Lucas # LP033

(The above are all quality glow plugs, plenty of cheap options in the UK which from experience are not worth buying as they were poor quality and the car would struggle to start in the cold after less than a year, Bosch and Lucas can last a few years)

Have you not got an old plug you can take to the spare parts dealer ?

Hi Bigman,

I have not got these old plugs with the engine.

The above no s which you mentioned are available in INDIA with Lucas or Bosch dealer? Denso is higher quality plug?

Dear Spitfire ,

More than starting up the engine I am worried because the plugs which I am getting here are not fitting on the engine so I needed exact part no and better quality plug brand.

Tarkesh
Old 16th February 2009, 15:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Denso is a decent brand and available in europe, not sure if it is available in India. I would stick with Bosch and Lucas plugs if available in India otherwise just get locally produced ones. The numbers I quoted are from the Lucas and Bosch glow plugs catalogue for the 2.5D XD3P engine.

If all else fails then try a Mahindra dealer. Surly they must carry stock of XD3P glow plugs.

Denso Catalogue: http://www.mabi.pl/denso/images/dens..._2005_2006.pdf

Lucas Catalogue : http://www.faiauto.com/downloads/Luc...gue%202009.pdf

Bosch Catalogue : http://www.bosch.com.au/content/lang...New_layout.pdf

Last edited by bigman : 16th February 2009 at 16:07.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Thanks Harjeev and Bigman,

I will try . But can you pls help me in getting the exact no of Heater Plug because the mentioned plug is not fitting into the engine and as per the Spare part dealer the Part no should be different as this is army spec engine.

Pls help me in this as anyways I would require these new set of heater plugs .

You guys can probably see your heater plug nos and let me know as you also have same 550XD - XD3) engine (mine is 1999 model)

Regards

Tarkesh
Tarkesh
My jeep is standing atthe workshop and I wont be going there till sunday.
Why dont you PM Alfa Kilo, is is also doing up his 550 in Jaipur, I think, and is doing it himself. So he can immediately solve your query.

But 1999 models came with glow plugs, so why dont you take the old ones to the spare parts shop and buy new one??
Old 16th February 2009, 16:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

I have been told that BERU make the best glow plugs and they are good for 75K-100K km.

£30 for a set of 4 in the UK.

Last edited by bigman : 16th February 2009 at 16:50.
Old 16th February 2009, 17:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Ricky,

BERU are availble in India :

http://www.beruindia.com/pdf/APPLICATION%20LIST.pdf

Dealer list :

http://www.beruindia.com/pdf/Afterma...ailability.pdf

Go for these if available. Also let the rest of us know what part # it is that actually fits etc so we can all learn from this.

Last edited by bigman : 16th February 2009 at 17:35.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Ricky,

BERU are availble in India :

http://www.beruindia.com/pdf/APPLICATION%20LIST.pdf

Dealer list :

http://www.beruindia.com/pdf/Afterma...ailability.pdf

Go for these if available. Also let the rest of us know what part # it is that actually fits etc so we can all learn from this.

Thanks Bigman,

I have given all 4 options - MICO,Lucas,Denso,Beru to my tech. Now he will find the suitable one.

Tarkesh Telvekar
Old 27th February 2009, 16:19   #70
BHPian

Not getting Glow Plugs - Heater Plugs

Hi Guys ,

Sad News. I am still not able to source the Glow Plugs for my Jeep. I spoke to local dealers and even checked with local Mahindra Dealership but he says he has never ordered these parts so its difficult to get the same with them.

As Part nos given by Bigman I had checked with local spare parts dealer but not much luck. The problem I had is the plugs which they have are not fitting in the slots shown below pic they all are smaller than the slots. when I got the Jeep that time Glow Plugs were missing on it.

Can anybody who is having Army Spec 550XD with XD3P engine, check on their jeep and tell me the exact part no so that I can source that.I have shown the part location on the engine for your reference.
I am really worried now.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-glow-plugs.jpg  

Old 27th February 2009, 19:43   #71
BHPian

I also have an army spec mm550 and as far as I know that this engine is identical to older bolero engine i.e. boleros that came before the DI engined ones. Even the 4X4 bolero invader has the same engine till date. I never had any difficulty in sourcing these here in Delhi ever. Found them both at local shops as well as mahindra Authorised service station. Try a few MASS that deal with boleros.

cheers
vishwas
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:11   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys ,

Can anybody who is having Army Spec 550XD with XD3P engine, check on their jeep and tell me the exact part no so that I can source that.I have shown the part location on the engine for your reference.
I am really worried now.

Tarkesh
I asked my father to get the part number (he needed a glowplug as I want him to pickup up a BERU set in Jalandhar)

From what he can make out the following is written on the plug :

MICO India F002G50013385

Look up your local dealer on : Bosch in India

On a side note the mechanic said it was a waste of money replacing the stock army glow plugs and that people locally did not replace them till the vehicle totally stopped starting. As the rest of the engine is being refurbed I would rather spend the extra RS1300 or so on a set of decent glowplugs for trouble free starting.

Maybe thats why the dealer etc have never ordered them. The mechanic our MM550 is with said that people swap Bolero engines them for DI units as they are easier to start and have better FE. My opinion is that if you have a XD3P with a decent set of working glowplugs (and heater timer) then you should never have starting problems. My old car in England (VW Golf) only ever had starting problems when the glow plugs failed but after beig replaced I had no problem starting even when it was -6 outside.

Last edited by bigman : 3rd March 2009 at 19:27.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

My father just picked up some BERU branded glowplugs after showing them the old MICO one and telling them it was for a XD3P (MM550) in Ludhiana .

BERU part number is : 0100 226 398

Look for you regional distributor at : http://www.beruindia.com/pdf/Afterma...ailability.pdf and then ring them to find your local agency.

Last edited by bigman : 4th March 2009 at 12:56.
Old 4th March 2009, 13:37   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I asked my father to get the part number (he needed a glowplug as I want him to pickup up a BERU set in Jalandhar)

From what he can make out the following is written on the plug :

MICO India F002G50013385

Look up your local dealer on : Bosch in India

On a side note the mechanic said it was a waste of money replacing the stock army glow plugs and that people locally did not replace them till the vehicle totally stopped starting. As the rest of the engine is being refurbed I would rather spend the extra RS1300 or so on a set of decent glowplugs for trouble free starting.

Maybe thats why the dealer etc have never ordered them. The mechanic our MM550 is with said that people swap Bolero engines them for DI units as they are easier to start and have better FE. My opinion is that if you have a XD3P with a decent set of working glowplugs (and heater timer) then you should never have starting problems. My old car in England (VW Golf) only ever had starting problems when the glow plugs failed but after beig replaced I had no problem starting even when it was -6 outside.

Thanks Satnam,

I will check the availability for this MICO Plug. The existing plug which was there on my 550 was not belong to the same vehicle and the thread of it were smaller than the head socket. pics attached below
It will help if you give the Beru one also I will keep one additional set of plugs with me.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-glow-plugs.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-glow-plugs1.jpg  

Old 4th March 2009, 13:59   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Satnam,

I will check the availability for this MICO Plug. The existing plug which was there on my 550 was not belong to the same vehicle and the thread of it were smaller than the head socket. pics attached below
It will help if you give the Beru one also I will keep one additional set of plugs with me.

Tarkesh
MICO are now Bosch (I think) so try the dealer list in the post below. Also I have posted the BERU part number just below your post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks