Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 12:25   #181
BHPian

Hi Shubendra/Satnam

Can you add some of the accesories in the list here if you know more .

Shubhendra, I will check up this place in Pune.

Tarkesh
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:11   #182
Senior - BHPian

Tarkesh
Can you please post pictures of the last item 'Special Army Jack with foldable tommy'
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:32   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Tarkesh
Can you please post pictures of the last item 'Special Army Jack with foldable tommy'
Hi Harjeev,

I dont know how to link the post but I had posted the same on Post No#24 on page no 2 of this thread.

It is basically a different Jack and the guy told me that it only comes with Army Jeep. The Jack is a Circular shaped piller and having 3 different layers inside to increase the height . The tommy(rod) is foldable and can be operated from a good distance.

If you see some of my early posts where I was inspecting the vehicle I was using it.

Tarkesh
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:35   #184
BHPian

Latest Update

Dear All,

Need to update the thread with latest developments on the Jeep restoration. Now almost all the work has been completed .
Only pending is
1) New Tyres - Expecting tyres from Delhi this week - Thanks to Harjeev
2) Roll Bar and Roof top fitting - Expected to complete this week.
3) New Seats(Innova) to be fitted - Now temporarily I have fitted stock seats
4)Registration - I have submitted paprs to concerns and will be done after all of the above things are completed as RTO autho wants a cmplete vehicle for inspection.

I started the jeep and driven for some distance as well - one of the most unforgetable moment of my life. Though couldnt drive for long because of bald tyres and registration.

The engine was lot more refined and smooth than I expected. Clutch was a bit hard but my tech guy says it is because after overhauling it was not started and was idle for long time(2-3 months) and due to rains the clutch plates becomes jammed due to moisture. He is going to resolve it now.

I am giving a comparison pic from the way I picked and the present condition.

Also I am planning to put the camo roof top on the same attached is the sample pic.

I will post some more pics as well.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-1comparison.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-rooftop-material.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2009, 18:39   #185
BHPian

Latest Update

Some more pics for you..

Also I have to add up all those extra accesories which I have mentioned in the thread earlier. I will put those after registration as it may attract some issue.

Your suggestions and feedbacks pls.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-latest-1.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-latest-2.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-latest-3.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-latest-4.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-latest-5.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-latest-6.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-latest-7.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2009, 20:54   #186
Senior - BHPian

Tarkesh, what happened to innova seats? Did I miss a post on them?

what is the name of the material you use for Top? is it called canvas, or taupaulin? What is the cost/Sqft/sqmtr?
Old 4th August 2009, 09:56   #187
Senior - BHPian

Tarkesh, looking back at the initial pictures of the jeep, the body work and paintjob has come really well. Well done.
Old 4th August 2009, 10:21   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Tarkesh, what happened to innova seats? Did I miss a post on them?

what is the name of the material you use for Top? is it called canvas, or taupaulin? What is the cost/Sqft/sqmtr?
hi Santosh,

The Innova seats are very much ON. I have given them for refurbishing and realignment to fit in MM550. As I mentioned in my above post it is temp arrangement that I have put stock seats on the jeep to test drive and all.

The roof top material is not tarpaulin its someting like canvas only but with nylon cover (water proof) inside. Will let you know the cost .

Tarkesh
Old 4th August 2009, 10:23   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Tarkesh, looking back at the initial pictures of the jeep, the body work and paintjob has come really well. Well done.
Thanks Soumen!!!
Old 4th August 2009, 11:10   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Some more pics for you..

Also I have to add up all those extra accesories which I have mentioned in the thread earlier. I will put those after registration as it may attract some issue.

Your suggestions and feedbacks pls.

Tarkesh
Quote:
hi Santosh,

The roof top material is not tarpaulin its someting like canvas only but with nylon cover (water proof) inside. Will let you know the cost .

Tarkesh
The jeep's looking good tarkesh. Your hard work is paying off.
Out here in Nagpur the top material that u hav selected is called "SR" cloth and available for Rs. 175-250 per square meter.
Whats the update on registration ?
As per my enquiries, registration in Mah is costing in the range of 25-35k while that in MP is costing about 15-20k. Would like to collaborate with you on this.
Hows life otherwise ?

regards,
Abheek
Old 4th August 2009, 11:16   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
The jeep's looking good tarkesh. Your hard work is paying off.
Out here in Nagpur the top material that u hav selected is called "SR" cloth and available for Rs. 175-250 per square meter.
Whats the update on registration ?
As per my enquiries, registration in Mah is costing in the range of 25-35k while that in MP is costing about 15-20k. Would like to collaborate with you on this.
Hows life otherwise ?

regards,
Abheek
Thanks Doc,

Will update on the registration part soon. If there is any issue will definitely do it in MP/Rajasthan/Punjab wherever possible because my friend in Delhi has also asked me about the same and he said he can do it in Ajmer- rajsthan.

Life is cool out here nowadays.

Tarkesh
Old 10th August 2009, 16:01   #192
BHPian

Hello

Hi All,

Latest Update -
All wiring and electrical including Wiper/Motor/sprinkler has been added and working fine.
JK Sandgrips have been dispatched from Delhi - will get it by thursday - Thanks To Harjeev.
Roll Bar and roof Top Scissor - raw design has been made and checked on Jeep. This is as per my idea of increasing the height of roof top a bit than driver compartment - Just like Invader or Gypsy.

Innova driver seat has been altered as per the seating arrangements of the jeep , you can see the skeleton of the driver seat fitted.

This week new JK Sandgrip tyres will be fitted and probably rest 2 Innova seat arrangements will be done and the roof top will be finalized .

Just has one query in mind - Though I have fitted the wiper, is there anything better than this wiper as the area it covers is small (this is what I think- may be wrong)

Santosh /Abheek , the roof top material costs Rs.160/mtr

Attached are some of the pics.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-bar-roof.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-bar-roof-1.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-wiper.jpg  

Old 20th August 2009, 10:34   #193
BHPian

New Shoes

Hey Guys,

Good News!!! Last week I got new shoes to my Jeep. I received new set of 5 JK Sand Cum Highway tyres for my Jeep.
Harjeev helped me in sourcing it from Delhi. These are new - April 09 make tyres. This weekend these will be fitted on Jeep.

Guys, I am facing a small issue of clutch cable bracket which is mounted on Left hand side of gear box . It is missing I guess so the clutch is hard , where can I get this ?

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-jk-tyre1.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-jk-tyre2.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-jk-tyre3.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-jk-tyre.jpg  

Old 20th August 2009, 10:55   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Good News!!! Last week I got new shoes to my Jeep. I received new set of 5 JK Sand Cum Highway tyres for my Jeep.
Tarkesh
Errr.. a bit confusing. The pattern is similar to sandgrip which is good for sand and mud ofcourse, but how is it for Highway too? For highway it should be less friction and less wear..does this pattern support the same? Can anybody shed some light.
Saikat
Old 20th August 2009, 11:09   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded View Post
Errr.. a bit confusing. The pattern is similar to sandgrip which is good for sand and mud ofcourse, but how is it for Highway too? For highway it should be less friction and less wear..does this pattern support the same? Can anybody shed some light.
Saikat
Same confusion was with me as well, and I was not convinced but one of my friend xplained me that JK has developed this tyres for both off road and on road use for Army. where as MRF and Apollo are purely off road tyre so the life of this tyre is more and these are as effective as MRF/Apollo off road.

Still I was not convinced but when Harjeev also explained me about the lug of the tyre which is good for on road as well. I am not that techie..

Harjeev pls explain the same thing you told me.

Tarkesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks