Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 11:25   #226
BHPian

Done!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I too will agree with satnam here!!! If the job is being done at Lucas or at Bosch its good to pay 6k!!! and they should give you a warranty for 6 months on the job done!

So my vote is that you should go with that job but from an authorised place only.

Hi Harjeev/Satnam,

Good News!!! The FIP Rotor job has been done at Lucas service centre and also caliberated it properly . Now my Mech has fitted it to my jeep and now my jeep is up and running.

The new Sandgrips have been fitted on the jeep yesterday and my mech is doing rounds and rounds of driving for testing the engine, firing, performance etc. As per him now the jeep is running flawlessly. I am now desparate to have my hands on the wheel ASAP.

Tarkesh
Old 15th September 2009, 11:32   #227
Senior - BHPian

Post some pics of the jeep please!
Old 15th September 2009, 13:48   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Post some pics of the jeep please!
Hi Vinod,

The jeep is at my native place Kolhapur and I am in Pune. I will go to Kolhapur this weekend then only I can lay my hands on the wheel and also take some fresh pics.
Have to wait till Saturday

Hey Guys, Can I know what is Ammo Box and Gun Rack with pics ? Is it a accesory of 550? I have seen the radio set in Gogi's thread , is it possible to get ot from Delhi/Mayapuri? And does it work normally and is is allowed?

I have seen Runwa winch on Team BHP is it good? and how can I fix it on my 550? I am totally unaware of winch operation. Does it need any mechanical/ engine alteration ? If I put it on my 550 , does it effect the FE or performance of the Jeep?

Also is there any specific Army Tool kit? Is it available in Mayapuri/Delhi or if somebody has it ? Answer these questions.

Tarkesh

Last edited by Ricky_3007 : 15th September 2009 at 13:50. Reason: Added one more Q
Old 15th September 2009, 20:11   #229
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tarkesh,
1. Ammo Box is nothing but Ammunition Box which Army used to keep ammunition with them. Its not a true accessory for 550.
2. Gun Rack is used to keep Gun in such a position that it can be used in case of urgenct. Its not a true accessory for 550.
3. I have no detailed idea about Electrical winches as i never got the opportunity to use it,but winch what you get nowdays are Electrical Winches which work with Powerful Electrical Motor. There is separate thread in 4X4 technical section.
Radio set which you saw on Gogi Thread was purchased by me and sent to Gogi. It is for show only, you can not use it as it is without big transmitter, it contains only Antenna and base unit with some knobs and receiver.
May i take this opportunity to post picture of Kaiser with All such fittings. This photo was posted by Samurai (i hope). it will help you to gauge it better.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 15th September 2009, 20:14   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tarkesh,
1. Ammo Box is nothing but Ammunition Box which Army used to keep ammunition with them. Its not a true accessory for 550.
2. Gun Rack is used to keep Gun in such a position that it can be used in case of urgenct. Its not a true accessory for 550.
3. I have no detailed idea about Electrical winches as i never got the opportunity to use it,but winch what you get nowdays are Electrical Winches which work with Powerful Electrical Motor. There is separate thread in 4X4 technical section.
Radio set which you saw on Gogi Thread was purchased by me and sent to Gogi. It is for show only, you can not use it as it is without big transmitter, it contains only Antenna and base unit with some knobs and receiver.
May i take this opportunity to post picture of Kaiser with All such fittings. This photo was posted by Samurai (i hope). it will help you to gauge it better.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh[/quote]
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-52653.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-52654.jpg  

Old 16th September 2009, 10:17   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi Tarkesh,

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
[/quote]

Hi Shubhendra,

Thanks for the info and pic as well. I am attaching same pic with my queries. Can I get these accesories which I have pointed out? Also what is that Box on the fender ? I need convoy lights and map reading light like Gogi has in its Jeep(attached pic- thanks to Gogi). Can you help me in getting these accesories from Delhi? What do you say about Radio Set?

Also let me know about the Army Specific tool kit if any.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-military-jeep-1.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-dsc072232028large291.jpg  

Old 16th September 2009, 15:32   #232
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shubhendra,

Thanks for the info and pic as well. I am attaching same pic with my queries. Can I get these accesories which I have pointed out? Also what is that Box on the fender ? I need convoy lights and map reading light like Gogi has in its Jeep(attached pic- thanks to Gogi). Can you help me in getting these accesories from Delhi? What do you say about Radio Set?

Also let me know about the Army Specific tool kit if any.

Tarkesh[/quote]

Hi Tarkesh,
You can get all accessories in Pune. If you remember i have posted contact of my mechanic in Pune on your thread. There is one shop in Nanapeth (Pune), One sardarji is owner, it is near to Nanapeth Petrol Pump he suuplies spare parts to Army.
As far As Radio and other fittings are concerned, let me warn you one more time that pictures which i have posted is of Kaiser not MM540/50. One more point that these accessories like shovel and Ammo Box (fixed on LHS fender) are complementing look of this vehicle because of Matt colour paint and hood design.
You can contact me at 09717004767, we can talk in detail. I know some shops in Pune from where you can get all required accesories. If you do not get anything, I am here to ship the parts.

Regards,
SHubhendra Singh
Old 16th September 2009, 19:10   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi Tarkesh,
You can get all accessories in Pune. If you remember i have posted contact of my mechanic in Pune on your thread. There is one shop in Nanapeth (Pune), One sardarji is owner, it is near to Nanapeth Petrol Pump he suuplies spare parts to Army.
As far As Radio and other fittings are concerned, let me warn you one more time that pictures which i have posted is of Kaiser not MM540/50. One more point that these accessories like shovel and Ammo Box (fixed on LHS fender) are complementing look of this vehicle because of Matt colour paint and hood design.
You can contact me at 09717004767, we can talk in detail. I know some shops in Pune from where you can get all required accesories. If you do not get anything, I am here to ship the parts.

Regards,
SHubhendra Singh
Hi Shubhendra,

Will call you and discuss this. Is there any Army Specific Tool Kit like there is a thread on WW2 Tool Kits? I dont want WW2 but I would love to have current one if it exists.

Tarkesh
Old 20th September 2009, 18:32   #234
BHPian

congrats tarkesh, on your magnificient restoration. I have just spent an entire afternoon reading your whole thread. was just hooked on to it. You have done a splendid job. I have also decided on buyng a mm550 ex army and restoring it but in a few months time. Once your jeep gets regestered can you please provide info on how much did it cost to register and the process. Also awaiting to see pics of your jeepwith JK tyres and soft top and also interiors.

Nishanth
Old 21st September 2009, 17:10   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
congrats tarkesh, on your magnificient restoration. I have just spent an entire afternoon reading your whole thread. was just hooked on to it. You have done a splendid job. I have also decided on buyng a mm550 ex army and restoring it but in a few months time. Once your jeep gets regestered can you please provide info on how much did it cost to register and the process. Also awaiting to see pics of your jeepwith JK tyres and soft top and also interiors.

Nishanth

Thanks Nishanth for the appreciation. Attaching one pics after putting JK SandGrips and Adding Innova seats to it. I will post some more pics tommorow.

Latest Update - 1) added new Front suspensions and
2) added a suspension to the steering assembly to reduce the woblling.
3) After purring new sandgrips we did the wheel alignment
yesterday .
4) Put Innova seats in front and back , The seat arrangement is still ON.Got 2 front Innova seats and extreme rear Innova seats(Double Foldable).
5) Roof top and final seat arrangement will be done in next 2 days.

We did some testing of the jeep as well. It performed exceptionally well. The Pick up , Firing , cranck (half cranck it starts) , handling(though for me its bit tough as I drive M800 daily).
We did some off road as well where there was lot of dug up work happening to lay pipes and surface was absolutely rough and muddy. Though it was done by our Mech (who really is a RIDER I must say). We tried on 2WD mostly but 4WD is also working and we are very happy now after new LAMDA hubs/4WD is doing their job fantastically. I and my brother was sitting behind and watching our mech duo are driving the vehicle during that small off road. We were like off the Jeep from back seat during that stint.

Thrilling moment of my life - I must say. After putting efforts for 8 months and spending most of the time on weekends only it was a great moment to see my Jeep performing well in all sort of surface - On road, Off road.

Just great Feeling.

I am planning to take the Jeep home on auspicius occasion of Dussehra.Till the time Roof top will be fitted and the Seats will be fitted permanently.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-jeep.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2009, 10:37   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
..Thrilling moment of my life - I must say. After putting efforts for 8 months and spending most of the time on weekends only it was a great moment to see my Jeep performing well in all sort of surface - On road, Off road.
Just great Feeling...
I can understand how you were feeling. Its more or similar with any one of us after seeing the jeep coming back to life after a long wait. The 1st day when i drove my jeep home,i was having tough time to sleep Congratulations once more and wishing many happy moments with the jeep in future..
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:38   #237
Senior - BHPian

tarkesh,
Your jeep is looking good. Innova seats that too beige in colour is toning down the otherwise macho look of the vehicle. Iam glad you are enjoyed the first drive of your jeep. Feels great!!
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:14   #238
BHPian

Hi Saumen

Thanks for the nice words. It really feels great after driving the jeep fullfledged first time.

Hi Vinod, Thanks man!! The Innova seats are beige in color as I have not put any seat cover on that. I have to put seat cover on it as I have 3 Leather and 1 fabric seat(co-driver see in pic) . It will look odd if I keep it like that so I ll put seat covers on them. Pls suggest which color seat covers will look better ?

Tarkesh

Last edited by Ricky_3007 : 22nd September 2009 at 21:16.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:16   #239
Senior - BHPian

7.50x16 Ndms

7.50X16 NDMS (Diagonal) is made by Malhotra Tyres in 12/14ply rating and are about 32" tall.

Price - 4500 each (T&T)
Old 26th September 2009, 18:55   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
4) Put Innova seats in front and back , The seat arrangement is still ON.Got 2 front Innova seats and extreme rear Innova seats(Double Foldable).

Tarkesh
Hi Tarkesh,

How much do you cost for those rear Innova seats? Is it easily available?

thanks,
Sali

Most Viewed