Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2020, 11:34   #661
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Hello guys.
I'm facing a problem regarding 4x4 TC mount. A couple of months back, my TC got hit on a hard obstacle and the car beached. At that time, one of the rubber mounts (foundation) was torn. After replacing the same, I observed that the mount is torn whenever I put the car in 4x4 and rev a bit hard. I have changed it every time I've gone offroad. Seems there's a bit of unbalance with my TC. Whenever the mount gets torn, the TC hits the underbody at the top when I press the accelator. I have come up with a temporary solution that is to tie it with a rope. Can anyone help regarding this?
Old 27th October 2020, 10:23   #662
BHPian

Hi Guys,

This might be a noob question. Would a 2010 BS3 Gypsy pass the PUC test? I took my Gypsy to get an emission check and it wouldn't pass. What could be the issue?

Regards,
James
lobojames9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:04   #663
BHPian

1. Your Gypsy may need tuning -- even my old carb Gypsy MG410W would fail once in a while and had to be tuned on the spot by adjustment of mixture.
In case of an MPFI engine, please take it to a service station.

2. There may be stale fuel in tank : petrol-ethanol mix decomposes fast. If the old fuel quantity is low, fill fresh gasoline to maximum possible. Or empty tank and refuel.

3. Clean or replace air filter.

4. If the engine and fuel injection system are not worn out, I cannot think of a fourth cause, unless the emission 'checker' is upto some tricks !

Hope this helps,
John
SnakemanJohny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 11:46   #664
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Recently bought 2010 gypsy, i want to install rear front facing seats and jump seats, which seats best ? if you have pics please post here, Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 10:02   #665
BHPian

hi valapad,

Congrats on your new acquisition. Front facing seats are available but ingress is only by the front passenger seats.

I am presently designing seats which will allow ingress from the rear door. Will take a few more weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img20201102wa0016.jpg  

SJ410 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:32   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ410 View Post
hi valapad,

Congrats on your new acquisition. Front facing seats are available but ingress is only by the front passenger seats.

I am presently designing seats which will allow ingress from the rear door. Will take a few more weeks.
Thank you, Waiting
Old 17th November 2020, 12:56   #667
BHPian

Hey Valapad,

Front facing seats are readily available at Goyal Motors Jalandhar. They supply via Amazon too. Though Amazon is about 1k costlier you have the option of returning the seats in 10 days. No extra drilling required for these seats.

Goyal Motors you can contact on +91 94653 37332 and browse on www.goyalmotors.net.in

Mine are taking time as I am presently getting the frame made. Thereafter I need to visit a scrapyard and select some good seats. Based on the seat selection, I will make the frame.
SJ410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 20:18   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
Hi Guys,

Recently bought 2010 gypsy, i want to install rear front facing seats and jump seats, which seats best ? if you have pics please post here, Thanks
The trend was to fit OMNI rear seats and jump(baby) seats - easily available.
I had those in my MG410W, but did not like the former as they obstructed driver's rear view even when unoccupied, and the latter because they could not seat adults comfortably even for short distances, being very narrow/small.

Later, when fitting out the MG413W, I went for the rear seats of Mahindra Bolero as the backrests could be folded flat when not in use -- for full reversing ease. But these required some modifications, being slightly broader.

For the jump seats, my mechanics recommended the Sumo Grande ones, wide and comfy, but they needed lowering to let adults sit straight. Turned out pretty nice. Please refer to pictures from my post#1048 of 3.10.2014 (page 70) of the thread "Maruti Gypsy Pictures".

For forward facing seats with entry by rear door, one can fit two Gypsy front seats with the gap in between allowing passage, as in Bump-Stop's entry on page 69 of the thread "Maruti Gypsy Pictures".
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-gypsy1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-gypsy2.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-gypsy3.jpg  

SnakemanJohny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 18:20   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
The trend was to fit OMNI rear seats and jump(baby) seats - easily available.
I had those in my MG410W, but did not like the former as they obstructed driver's rear view even when unoccupied, and the latter because they could not seat adults comfortably even for short distances, being very narrow/small.

Later, when fitting out the MG413W, I went for the rear seats of Mahindra Bolero as the backrests could be folded flat when not in use -- for full reversing ease. But these required some modifications, being slightly broader.

For the jump seats, my mechanics recommended the Sumo Grande ones, wide and comfy, but they needed lowering to let adults sit straight. Turned out pretty nice. Please refer to pictures from my post#1048 of 3.10.2014 (page 70) of the thread "Maruti Gypsy Pictures".

For forward facing seats with entry by rear door, one can fit two Gypsy front seats with the gap in between allowing passage, as in Bump-Stop's entry on page 69 of the thread "Maruti Gypsy Pictures".
Bought Innova 3rd Row Foldable Seats, Guys Thank you so much for support

Planning to fit Snorkel. Any Difference Between ABS & LLDPE type ? Please Help, Thanks in Advance

Last edited by valapad : 27th November 2020 at 18:21.
valapad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 00:28   #670
BHPian

Guys im looking for Main Gear Lever Bush Gypsy
where i can get it, please help
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-sl1600-1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-718cjuqp9ml._ac_sl1500_.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-gear-liver-bush.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2021, 01:07   #671
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
That part is not listed in gypsy parts catalogue, but you do get a after market one. I myself fitted it. Mine was some really old stock.
You can get it here.( I bought it locally though)
https://www.partsbigboss.in/gear-lev...-u-littal.html
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 12:17   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, please connect with RajKrishna Aditya Auto Store.
They have all Gypsy parts, and can courier you the parts quickly to your location.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rajkrish...3516592/posts/
ijeff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 17:00   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
That part is not listed in gypsy parts catalogue, but you do get a after market one. I myself fitted it. Mine was some really old stock.
You can get it here.( I bought it locally though)
https://www.partsbigboss.in/gear-lev...-u-littal.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
Hi, please connect with RajKrishna Aditya Auto Store.
They have all Gypsy parts, and can courier you the parts quickly to your location.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rajkrish...3516592/posts/
Thank you guys
Got Parts from Master Automobiles, Kochi
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-whatsapp-image-20210122-11.22.25-am.jpeg  

Old 5th February 2021, 21:34   #674
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I'm based out of Mumbai and am looking for an MPFI Gypsy for weekend drives. I have owned a Gypsy before in Chennai where I picked up a friend's 1.3 carb vehicle and worked on it ground up, including an engine swap to MPFI, A/c, P/s, Headers and Suspension mods but was able to use it only for a few months before selling it and relocating to Mumbai.

While I'm aware that getting hold of a civilian gypsy is difficult, I would like advice from fellow bhpians in Mumbai on the price I should be paying for a stock civilian MPFI Gypsy in good condition. I was going through ads in Olx and Facebook and find stock MG410's being quoted for 3.5 lacs so inputs on pricing and leads if any on any vehicles available would help. I'm willing to pay a fair price depending on the condition of the vehicle
Old 5th February 2021, 22:28   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
Hello Friends,

While I'm aware that getting hold of a civilian gypsy is difficult, I would like advice from fellow bhpians in Mumbai on the price I should be paying for a stock civilian MPFI Gypsy in good condition. I was going through ads in Olx and Facebook and find stock MG410's being quoted for 3.5 lacs so inputs on pricing and leads if any on any vehicles available would help. I'm willing to pay a fair price depending on the condition of the vehicle
I was in the same boat as you till few weeks back but with luck, patience and perseverance I managed to find one from a fellow bhpian in Bangalore and bought the same couple of weeks back. Few learnings which I had during my hunt(you may very well know about it) but sharing the same as it may help many.

1. MY doesn't have much role in the price. It's all about it's history and the present condition and how well it's been rebuilt and the mods carried out.
2. As you rightly said, finding a well maintained civilian Gypsy is as hard as finding a needle in a haystack, but not impossible.
3. Be prepared to pick up something that's reasonably in good condition(engine, transmission and mechanicals) and rebuild it - can cost easily 60k-100k depending upon it's present condition and what the overall condition you would like to attain. Prefer a stock one than a modded one.
4. Try and avoid picking up army/armed force disposals.There are plenty of them available in the market. If it meets condition 3 which is rare, one may go ahead.
5. Cast your net very wide. In fact I found couple of them in neighbouring states and zeroed in on one in my friends circle itself before finalizing the bangalore Gypsy. As luck would've it, the Gypsy which I eventually picked up was merely 3 kms away from my home.
6. Since spares largely are easily available, with time and effort (of course money too) Gypsies can be restored to excellent condition.
7. As someone said in this forum before, there's not a single Gypsy out there that's not been abused. If you find one, move in quickly and be prepared to shell out a little premium.
8. Personally I preferred MPFI and never considered carb models.
9. Most important of all, be sure on the car's papers as there are many deceitful ones out there.

Hope it helps. There are many Gypsy veterans on this forum who can throw further light.

Good luck with your hunt.

Cheers,
bibendum.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 5th February 2021 at 22:53.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed