Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 11:23   #91
BHPian

Hi Mandeep,

Hope your ankle is better. Get well soon.
Looking forward to seeing your and Somen's jeep at the next OTR.
Have heard lots about your Jeep through fellow BHPians.

Cheers !!!
Old 27th January 2009, 11:34   #92
BHPian

thanks mate..getting better already..nah..its not the jeep..its the way i drive it..lol..i have a heavy right foot.and i make sure i use the every drop of fuel left in it and squeeze out all the bhp it has and make the magnaflow scream to glory.thanks for your kind concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Mandeep,

Hope your ankle is better. Get well soon.
Looking forward to seeing your and Somen's jeep at the next OTR.
Have heard lots about your Jeep through fellow BHPians.

Cheers !!!
kandisa,where is the video you made on saturday?post it man,i need to see it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Oh man, really sorry to hear about the incidence! And that too on a day when we had the 1st proper ride on the jeep on the road! Get well soon buddy and take a proper rest.
-----
Will try to put some pics and videos (probably) very soon.
-regards,

Last edited by aah78 : 29th January 2009 at 01:24. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 28th January 2009, 09:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

I didn't get any chance to post the video yesterday. If the net works ok, will surely upload it today.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:28   #94
Senior - BHPian

videos

Okk,
here are the two short videos of the 1st ride of the jeep on the road. I should have increased the volume setting while recording.
The very 1st one:

En-route shopprix mall at sector 61. Being a newbie occasionally i was scared of renegade's STRONG right foot!

There are some rattles here and there which will be fixed after the gearbox area is covered up and some other parts are properly clamped. Hope then it will be more soothing to ears.
- regards,
Old 28th January 2009, 11:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

@kandisa
Man!!!

Mandeep sure knows to push the vehicles to the limit. Now I wonder why he likes petrols to diesels
That is some serious driving and your vehicle sure measures upto it
Old 28th January 2009, 12:01   #96
BHPian

Hey Kandisa,
I was in Noida yesterday and drove your jeep again for
the second time. I must say it has turned out really nice.
No driveline vibrations and zero transmission noise (even in 4L).
You will have a real nice jeep to enjoy when its complete.
Cheers

Last edited by gotzuk : 28th January 2009 at 12:03.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:27   #97
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev, i got a feel of his driving style the 1st time i sat on his blue monster! Can't agree more with you. Thanks to MJ, me too have become a die-hard fan of the petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
Hey Kandisa,I was in Noida yesterday and drove your jeep again for the second time. I must say it has turned out really nice. No driveline vibrations and zero transmission noise (even in 4L).
You will have a real nice jeep to enjoy when its complete.
Cheers
Ah such a comment from someone like you is only enhancing my expectation. Do agree with you on the vibration part, never had such a vibration free feeling in a similar model jeep. Hope to check out how it performs off the road soon.
Old 28th January 2009, 21:22   #98
BHPian

lol..harjeev.next time you are sitting with me in my jeep,then you will understand what petrol heads are like,i like diesels too but i like the modern ones or 6cylinders over 4ltrs,i remember i had a nissan patrol 4.2 straight six diesel and nothing compares to that tank.i was scared to put my foot down on that beast,it was responsive and with that weight,but honestly,you have done the most sensible thing than anyone and now sanjeev and prabh has,that is,you have procured the best of both worlds,a refinement and heritage value of petrols and day to day working horse and a capable offroader too,a diesel.i got great respect for you as you were the first one to understand something i have been pushing people to understand but in vain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
@kandisa
Man!!!

Mandeep sure knows to push the vehicles to the limit. Now I wonder why he likes petrols to diesels
That is some serious driving and your vehicle sure measures upto it
Old 28th January 2009, 23:49   #99
BHPian

hehehehe renegade drives just like me. Overtaking from left while squeezed between curb and truck!! That is a sure shot sign of a true blue biker. This nasty habit of going zigzag through traffic lingers with you even when you upgrade to four wheels. I too am a out to out petrol head. The rev range of petrol are no match to diesels.
But I'm rather happy that am stuck with a diesel jeep with archaic engine. That way I'm not able to gun it through roads and drive it sanely. Just upshift to fourth as quick as I can and then let the torque do the rest. The tantrum my jeep throws when braked hard, it's better I keep the speeds below ton.

cheers
vishwas
Old 29th January 2009, 01:27   #100
Team-BHP Support

ignorance is bliss, till you end up dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
hehehehe renegade drives just like me. Overtaking from left while squeezed between curb and truck!! That is a sure shot sign of a true blue biker. This nasty habit of going zigzag through traffic lingers with you even when you upgrade to four wheels.
This is what happens to true blue bikers who overtake from the left while squeezed between the curb and a truck - their heads get crushed into pulp -> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1145921-post1446.html
Old 29th January 2009, 01:41   #101
BHPian

hi..i usually dont drive like this..i am a 3b fanatic and these post ww machines are supposed to driven slow and steady.you have to enjoy the torque of hurricane on lower rpms and feel the refinement of decades old engines and simple technology these engines project.i have driven 3bs infinite times in the mountains and petrols are my choice cause i enjoy the 360 degree view in an open 3b and no noice or rattle from the engine or anywhere else.but when i get on to modern petrols,i like to squeeze everything out of them but i dont like to drive rash,i keep a track of a driving line and apex,as i have been ridding also(rd350-so you can imagine)so sometimes i dont like to waste time in waiting for a signal,but i do make sure that i'm driving safe.

Quote:
hehehehe renegade drives just like me. Overtaking from left while squeezed between curb and truck!! That is a sure shot sign of a true blue biker. This nasty habit of going zigzag through traffic lingers with you even when you upgrade to four wheels. I too am a out to out petrol head. The rev range of petrol are no match to diesels.
But I'm rather happy that am stuck with a diesel jeep with archaic engine. That way I'm not able to gun it through roads and drive it sanely. Just upshift to fourth as quick as I can and then let the torque do the rest. The tantrum my jeep throws when braked hard, it's better I keep the speeds below ton.

cheers
vishwas
Old 29th January 2009, 10:27   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
....but i do make sure that i'm driving safe.
I do agree with this by the practical experience. Definitely there is a distinction between rash driving and driving fast but safe. Most of the people end up in doing the 1st presuming they are doing the 2nd. i do confess that this time occasionally i was bit scared (thats because of the speed and open jeep experience), but i can surely say it was not a rash drive or something that we use to see the 'smart' bikers 'performing' on the roads! The later mishap with the RD was also because that freaky guy jumped the railing and fell into the bike from nowhere! And in Noida, i have seen if someone (like me) thoroughly sticks to the traffic rules (e.g. lane driving) he is most likely to be the sufferer in maximum cases!
Old 29th January 2009, 21:55   #103
BHPian

@ kandisa, renegade - I agree driving/riding fast and rash is absolutely different. One has to be sure about his judgment and than throw in a margin of safety for other person's expected/unexpected idioticy. After that whether you want to wait for the whole road to clear up to pass or want to take two tires up on the curb it's your decision and safe too.

@ aah78
1. Really sorry for your loss. May your cousin and his fiancee's souls rest in peace.
2. Advice when not solicited is never appreciated. Thank you very much for your concern but No Thanks, I drive/ride the way I drive/ride.
3. Having a right lead foot or right twitchy wrist is a disorder one is born with and you cannot do anything about it. Atleast I cannot.
So take a chill pill please.

cheers
vishwas

p.s. I too have a RD
Old 29th January 2009, 22:51   #104
BHPian

very well said,but,lets stick to 440's story.its kandisa's jeep which is the center of attraction here and not anyone of us.no offence.

cheers mate

Quote:
@ kandisa, renegade - I agree driving/riding fast and rash is absolutely different. One has to be sure about his judgment and than throw in a margin of safety for other person's expected/unexpected idioticy. After that whether you want to wait for the whole road to clear up to pass or want to take two tires up on the curb it's your decision and safe too.

@ aah78
1. Really sorry for your loss. May your cousin and his fiancee's souls rest in peace.
2. Advice when not solicited is never appreciated. Thank you very much for your concern but No Thanks, I drive/ride the way I drive/ride.
3. Having a right lead foot or right twitchy wrist is a disorder one is born with and you cannot do anything about it. Atleast I cannot.
So take a chill pill please.

cheers
vishwas

p.s. I too have a RD
Old 30th January 2009, 09:06   #105
BHPian

Somen - jst saw the videos , What a jeep man! It was flying!! Post the link to this thread on the NIOC site, let everyone enjoy.

M - You have transformed this vehicle buddy. Brilliant job!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks