Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 11:02   #1

M&M Shop Manual for Jeep??

Hi Guys

I am hoping some of you can help me here or point me someplace online where I can locate a shop manual.

First problem,I have a mitsubishi jeep from Japan,very similar to what M&M has produced in the past.

let me give you a little background.

My Jeep has drum brakes all around,and looks a little like your M&M Major style of jeep.No PS either.I think the front diff is based on a Dana 27 design.
It has a 4speed column shift and a 4WD transfer case with a single lever.

All this is also T90 and 18 based as well I think

I have not measured the brake drum diameter,so I am not sure if that was the same or not as the M&M products.

Its a LWB Jeep called a J44 in Japan,based on the CJ3B in design,mine is a 1980 model

My Jeep is a 2.7 Mitsubishi 4DR5 motor(man I would love to have an engine manual also for this)

Would appreciate an electronic copy from someone or somewhere on the net

Here are some pics of my jeep to give you an idea(looks a little better than this now,but its all I had)

Thanks for any help you can provide

Best

Paulo
Montreal Canada

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th February 2009 at 02:03. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 28th January 2009, 13:08   #2
BHPian

Hey Paulo,

What problems are you facing with your jeep?
AFAIK, the J44 is based more on the Willys Jeep Station Wagon than
the Willys CJ3B. A manual for both CJ3B and the Station Wagon are easily
available as reprints. I am sure some members here must have Mahindra
workshop manual too.
From what I have read the J series came with the JH4 petrol and one diesel option.
Never knew it came with 4DR5 too..
I believe the 4DR5 was also used by Mitsubishi in some of their light trucks.
Is your diesel normally aspirated or turbocharged?

Cheers

Last edited by gotzuk : 28th January 2009 at 13:22.
Old 30th January 2009, 00:48   #3

Hi There

I have no real issues at present with my Jeep.

It is still CJ3B based in design and the only thing is a stretched platform really.

The main reason for a shop manual would be in some cases to see an exploded view, or how a part is removed or what the guts of something look like when you think you may have a problem lurking. As has been mentioned, these are pretty basic vehicles but sometimes you have to bring a page over to the auto parts store so they can see what you are talking about or where it would attach to ect.

My 4DR5 is an aspirated motor,not very quick and quite agricultural in nature and I have been told it was used in some Canter trucks and even some fork lifts ,this is the book I would dearly love to have,especially if they discuss the fuel pump in detail.

one thing you have to remember is here in North America,if the vehicle was never offered for sale here,no one knows or cares what you are talking about. So when I am looking to modify or upgrade anything on this jeep no one is really willing to help (traditional sources of help).

So when I found this site and the similarities to the M&M Jeeps,I figured this would probably be my best source for any printed information.

if you know of any sources for the 4DR5 motor manuals,please let me know

Thanks

Paulo
Montreal
Old 8th February 2009, 23:38   #4
BHPian

Google for 'Mahindra Register'. It is a UK based group which supplies workshop manuals for CJ and its derivatives. They only offer a paid print copy.
Old 9th February 2009, 01:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

mahindra spare parts manual

this is not a workshop manual. But it may help.

Well you can't download scribbed easily (registration blah blah). But there is a workaround. Print all pages using a pdf printer, Like Acrobat Professional or Freeware like cutepdf.

PS: forget it! its in german.

Last edited by SirAlec : 9th February 2009 at 01:52.
Old 10th February 2009, 00:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Speak to UBS or Arka to ID your machine and you could source the print manual from the US, i think.
Haynes doesn't have one?
Old 18th February 2009, 07:06   #7

Hi Guys

After a year of searching I was able to find a "translated" version of the manual on lulu.com.(I had never heard of it)

In any case I at least have some of the more important specs for any future repair I may have to make.

Just another 2 months or so and I can get my jeep out of hibernation again!!

I will post some better pictures when I can

Thanks for the M&M links by the way

Best

Paulo
Montreal Canada
Old 4th January 2010, 23:52   #8

J26 in UK

I know what you're going through. I've got a SWB J26 with a 4G53 engine & 4 gear column change.
I was lucky enough to get a Mitsubishi Manual for a 4G54 and 'Jeep' when I bought the truck. Both books are copyright Mitsubishi Mortors Oct 1981 printed in Japan.

I've had an overdrive unit from Herm the Overdrive Guy and help from Owens Export. Both are on the web.

Good luck, these are great vehicles but as scare as hens teeth.

Bernard
Attached Thumbnails
M&M Shop Manual for Jeep??-jeepmarch2009-001.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks