Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 19:47   #91
Senior - BHPian

So yogesh,
Have you got the 4x4 working. You said that power was not being transferred to the front two wheels???
Old 5th March 2009, 23:22   #92
BHPian

Hi Yogesh,

Few tips for getting your vechile OTR ready.

a) Get the number painted on the bumper as number plates dont last in an OTR

b) Pls get the U hook and a Rino Hook installed in the front

c) Your Pillion Hook should be installed and functioning

d) Tyers - it depends how much you want to spend. NDMS is great for offroading, if you can get a 7.5 x 16 NDMS grab it. Other wise AT/MT and even Sand Grip is also good

Happy offroading

Amit

Last edited by Tusker4x4 : 5th March 2009 at 23:23.
Old 5th March 2009, 23:28   #93
BANNED

Seems Ive also fallen into the Jeep craziness!
Saw a MM Classic 97 model, red color, repainted but non accidental.
How much do you guys think should I quote for the Jeep?
Old 6th March 2009, 07:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
So yogesh,
Have you got the 4x4 working. You said that power was not being transferred to the front two wheels???
Harjeev,

Correctly pointed out. Get your 4x4 working. Check both Low and High are functioning all right. It is important to test the vechile in 4x4 once you get the work done as some times just after the work due to some adjustments in clutch the 4x4 can create problems.

Regds

Amit
Old 6th March 2009, 15:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What tyres are you thinking of buying cauz I think that those highway tyres will have to go, try gett8ing some good tyres like BF's or even the tread pattern on the new MRF Wanders look good. They should cost between 5.5-6k a tyres.
BF's are the same which Aman has on his safari and they are great. I will buy the same when I change the tyres on mine (safari)

Also Ive noticed that your jeep does not have tow hook at the back and you will need fish hooks in the front too.

The front numberplate will have to be mooved up as it will keep on getting damaged on OTR as its too low.

EDIT
the prices that I mentioned are for 16 inches. The 15's should be cheaper.
I do not plan to change the rim but tyres sure need a change. I am doing study on them on t-bhp and will soon post here which ones I like and will those be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
On the contrary Amit, Mrs Yogesh is more enthusiastic about the jeep than Mr. Yogesh is. So he is safe on that regards
And as I type this just got a call from Yogesh saying that he is polishing his off roading skills in an open patch of land with some features that is pretty close to his house.
Hats off to your spirit!!!
Once I start going for OTRs the picture will change, but yes for now she is happy and we are using jeep for all our transfers, after evenings. Deky, you are most welcome to join me on these micro OTRs, then we can make a team for the big OTRs.

Quote:
So yogesh,
No not yet, will give it to workshop on Tuesday. Let other things also pop up and then will get everything done together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker4x4 View Post
Hi Yogesh,

Few tips for getting your vechile OTR ready.

a) Get the number painted on the bumper as number plates dont last in an OTR

b) Pls get the U hook and a Rino Hook installed in the front

c) Your Pillion Hook should be installed and functioning

d) Tyers - it depends how much you want to spend. NDMS is great for offroading, if you can get a 7.5 x 16 NDMS grab it. Other wise AT/MT and even Sand Grip is also good

Happy offroading

Amit
I don't want to spend too much, but at the same time don't want to compromise on anything. NDMS sounds good, what price shall I expect on them. I want to keep the stock rims and don't want to go of Alloys. Are the NDMS easily available or you've got to search for it?

Few things I wanted to :

1) What about security of Jeep. There is no lock. Are you all using anything to make it theft proof (like gear lock, steering lock anything?)

2) Seat belts- are they not required?

3) Would it be a good idea to get these hooks and all done in delhi when I come there for OTR. May be a day before. Coz I do not understand a thing about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Seems Ive also fallen into the Jeep craziness!
Saw a MM Classic 97 model, red color, repainted but non accidental.
How much do you guys think should I quote for the Jeep?
Start at 1.25 and close till 1.35 lakhs if its in original condition. In Jaipur one Classic sold for 1.37 few months back and the owner took it to Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker4x4 View Post
Harjeev,

Correctly pointed out. Get your 4x4 working. Check both Low and High are functioning all right. It is important to test the vehicle in 4x4 once you get the work done as some times just after the work due to some adjustments in clutch the 4x4 can create problems.

Regds

Amit
What is the simplest way to find if power is coming to all wheels. In my offroading yesterday, I felt power was coming to all 4s in high as well as lows, but when we got stuck that day then only 1 rear wheel was spinning freely and others were normal. Just wanted to know, I will get all things checked anyways..

Thanks
Old 6th March 2009, 17:17   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
I don't want to spend too much, but at the same time don't want to compromise on anything. NDMS sounds good, what price shall I expect on them. I want to keep the stock rims and don't want to go of Alloys. Are the NDMS easily available or you've got to search for it?
6.00x16 are easily available in any of the MRF or CEAT tyre shop for around 2.4k per tyre.

Quote:
What is the simplest way to find if power is coming to all wheels. In my offroading yesterday, I felt power was coming to all 4s in high as well as lows, but when we got stuck that day then only 1 rear wheel was spinning freely and others were normal. Just wanted to know, I will get all things checked anyways..

Thanks
Not sure if the axles were removed inside. that could be one reason. check if the front propeller shaft is spinning or not while moving in 2wd.
Old 6th March 2009, 18:33   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Start at 1.25 and close till 1.35 lakhs if its in original condition. In Jaipur one Classic sold for 1.37 few months back and the owner took it to Pune.
Thanks, the owner of the red 97 model classic from Ludhiana was demanding 2.5L!!
I guess Punjab being a hub for jeeps, commands higher prices too.
But then the diff. is huge, I'll check some out in Chd.
Old 7th March 2009, 22:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

Mini OTR in my Jeep

Hey guys, found this nice patch of off-road near my house so thought of giving treet to my jeep.

Special thanks to Deky (Dhiraj) for taking such nice pictures by his new Camera.

When it got stuck I felt that the power was not coming to front wheels but it was doing well otherwise.

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00295.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00297.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00305.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00318.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00320.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00322.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00324.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00326.jpg
Old 7th March 2009, 23:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Once we cleared this easy patch we decided to jump into another biger dipression. I enjoyed taking it out as it was a bit of challenge, it got stuck from one side which was not so steep but had loose sand, so brought it up from the side which had more climb.

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00329.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00330.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00333.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00334.jpg

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-imag0715.jpg
Old 7th March 2009, 23:33   #100
BHPian

Yogesh Sir there was a Hard core Off-roader in you,
you should thank Team-Bhp and NIOC to let it come into play!!!
Old 7th March 2009, 23:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00336.jpg
Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00338.jpg
Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00339-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00340-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)-dsc00341-desktop-resolution.jpg

Old 3rd February 2012, 12:37   #102
BHPian

Re: Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340)

Quote:
Yeah Yogesh
COme to Chandigarh if you can!!!
Though there is no time but try to come and you'll like it there!!!
Do have tracks designed there ?
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Do have tracks designed there ?
davidashish
I am assuming that you are referring to Chandigarh. No there were no tracks designed there. The off-roading mostly consisted of riverbed and rock climbing. Nice OTR and the Chandigarh group really took good care of us NCR jeepers. I didnt have a jeep ready back then, God, its been so long, just feel's like yesterday. Way back in March 2009.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:20   #104
BHPian

Quote:
davidashish
I am assuming that you are referring to Chandigarh. No there were no tracks designed there. The off-roading mostly consisted of riverbed and rock climbing. Nice OTR and the Chandigarh group really took good care of us NCR jeepers. I didnt have a jeep ready back then, God, its been so long, just feel's like yesterday. Way back in March 2009.
Do let me know if something is planned this this. I would love to join you all :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks