Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 19:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Manuuj,

Warn list the following dealer in India:

Dealer Name: 4x4 Off Road Equipment & Services Phone: +91-80-2356-1871 Fax: +91-80-2344-8054 Address: Ozone Bangalore Pvt. Ltd.
#4, 9th 'A' Cross, 12th Block
Kumara Park West
Bangalore, IN 560 020
Installs Products: YES
Might be worth contacting to see if they have any dealers in northern India.

Also find out how much the RR weighs as you do not want a winch that does not have the capacity to pull it (if it ever gets stuck ).
Old 20th March 2009, 22:29   #47

hey nice colour..... must be great feel driving the range rover.beautifull shape n sexy lamps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Hi all!

Here are some pics of our Range Rover.

It was imported brand new through Navnit Motors, Thane in mid 2008 and has currently done around 8000 kms.

The powerplant is a 3.6 litre V8 Turbodiesel belting out 272 Bhp and 640 Nm of smooth power.

I'm adding pics for your viewing pleasure, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words..
Old 21st March 2009, 12:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

there are lots of forum members based in dubai and into serious off roading. you can contact them to find out the availability of the winches for your rangie.

also i have heard these days the return ticket to dubai is 11,000 rs!! worth a trip to dubai and get what you want for your rangie!

there are lots and lots of shops and garages doing 4x4 stuff with genuine rangie and after market products for off-roading.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:19   #49
BHPian

great off roading, i must say you have guts to take that new machine off road already, few of my friends have the 4.4 v8s with 22 inch wheels and all they do is club hopping and showing off in the city! great pics..
Old 1st July 2009, 21:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase Mannuj and what a choice of vehicle i must add. Great.
Now lets have OTR pics!!
Old 10th July 2009, 14:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats on the new purchase Mannuj and what a choice of vehicle i must add. Great.
Now lets have OTR pics!!
Thanks all..glad you liked the pics.

I have been really busy at work and so have not been able to go for any more OTR's.

Will update as soon as i do..may be end july! (godwilling!)
Old 10th July 2009, 19:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

manuuj, that's an awesome piece of machine.
the front and rear guards look great, is it from navnit or elsewhere??
Old 10th July 2009, 22:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Yes sahil it was some serious offroading that day..and loads of fun..as for scrapes and dents the cars were pretty high and approach and departure angles were very good also..on rock crawl mode they seemed to glide over these obstructions pretty easily.

As a result no damage was done to either car..and all that was needed prior to the excursion was a good underbody, engine bay and top wash.

An interesting observation made that day was that the Pajero handled the course with aplomb and was not found lacking when compared to the RR.

That it got stuck was more my fault as i was a bit slow going through the wet mud.

The RR was light years ahead in terms of refinement, ride quality, drivebility, and power but as far as off road capability the pajero matched it step for step.

Maybe on more extreme tracks the difference would be more apparant.

When we left for home together which was about a hour and a half away the RR reached 19 minutes before us as it would easily cruise at about 160 with lots of reserve power and the Pajero seemed out of breath at about 130.

Also the headlights of the Rangerover were Bi-Xenon and far more effective than the headlamps of the pajero with stock halogens..
Thats a real comparison an auto mag cant give you.

Was wondering how you would rate the Montero wrt RR. And why RR? What were your other options (if their ever was)

Lovely ride you have and a practical one 365 x 24 x 7.
Old 10th July 2009, 23:39   #54
BHPian

nice ride but whats wrong with the RR tyres ? they look somewhat bald for 8k kms.
Old 11th July 2009, 15:47   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
manuuj, that's an awesome piece of machine.
the front and rear guards look great, is it from navnit or elsewhere??
@amit v8: The guards were imported directly from the UK..cheers!

@jkdas: There was no other SUV even considered..the montero is also extremely capable offroad if not equally capable off road, but its on road manners are another matter altogether.

I am not exaggerating when i state that the Range Rover behaves like a tank offroad and a sports car on road.

Straightline speed and cornering ability are phenomenal on road while off road wheel articulation and control over the oddest surfaces is extremely reassuring and stable.

@kavesh55: You are right about the tyres..the stock pirellis lasted about 15k km.

This may be attributed to the following reasons:

a) A very heavy vehicle of around 2.7 tonnes on low profile tyres(265x55xR19)

b) A very powerful engine of 276 bhp (640Nm torque) which propelled the vehicle to 120-140 kmph before one even realized.

c) Extremely powerful high performance brembo brakes that bought the car to a halt from insane speeds in no time at all

d) Performance tyres engineered for control and performance rather than long life.

cheers all!

Last edited by Manuuj : 11th July 2009 at 15:58.
Old 11th July 2009, 18:22   #56
BHPian

Manuuj, do update the thread with more pics.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:47   #57
BHPian

Awesome Gaddi Veer Ji

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Damn nice ride there.infact its my favourite(rr).my cousin in kenya has a supercharged version and we went for an offroad challenge(rhino quatro charge kenya).where do you go for offroading in punjab?i am from punjab but reside in delhi,we have bunch of offroader with 4x4s and go for offroading regularly,now trying to kick start offroading in punjab,but dont know much people.anyway,cool ride you have there.
Go anywhere towards north of Hoshiarpur or Anandpur Sahib, i.e. towards Shivaliks

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 15th July 2009 at 14:55.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:19   #58
BHPian

Hey Manuuj, awesome pics. Please do post some offroad and onroad pics of this beast.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

Are those OE tyres running on the Pajero? The sunk Pajero pictures look very like the ones from the autocar article last September. I was considering replacing my OEs and would be interested in knowing what you have done or are going to do about the Pajero's rubber.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:58   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Are those OE tyres running on the Pajero? The sunk Pajero pictures look very like the ones from the autocar article last September. I was considering replacing my OEs and would be interested in knowing what you have done or are going to do about the Pajero's rubber.
Have kept the rubber as stock so far..that was the only instance of the pajero getting stuck and that too was more driver error (mine) rather than the car.

Have installed a Warn Winch and Winch Bumper to avoid such instances in the future..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks