Team-BHP - My lil Jeep Story
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   My lil Jeep Story (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/54553-my-lil-jeep-story.html)

Even i have a Jeep. though i am no a fan of the Cj of the Classic's any more. but there used
to be a time when i fell in love with the jeeps.
it was back in 1997 when i was in school my MAMA used to come to my place in a jeep it was
some thing with 3 gears. cant remeber what. and that was the time when the jeep were the
favourite thing amoung the young. the Dabwali Market was booming. i was too young to have a
jeep or even ask dad to buy a jeep for himself.
then came a day when my and a friend were out in the Bazzar to have some gol gappe that we
saw a jeep. i thought that i have to buy this one. we went to the person who owned it for
then. we talked to see how much we can get it for. the price was finalizes and we were off
from there.
i was all set to save up for the jeep. and then after a week i think i had enough to buy it.
after skiping on couple of icecreams after the school and some gole gappe. i ended up buying
a Mahindra Classic 4x4.
For all these years it has seen some days couple of mods. that includes High Glow YELLOW Led
head lights, and rear wheel arcs. removal of the the Roll cage cause it was not going to do
any off roading. the jeep was a very nice build quality.
recently after long time the jeep saw some further changes. changed the head lights to high glow BLUE lites to look like a HID.
But the disaster struck a day before my wedding when there were too many lil kids at home and i was not careful enough that was the first time that mum was not able to check on the kids and see if any one of them was playing with my jeeps and cars.
i lost the Jeep my Classic was gone. after all these years my first scale model was gone.
any ways this was the jeep that made me buy the MM540 in 2004. that was sold after 5 months cause i was abroad and did not know when i would be back to drive it.
any ways i hope that my jeep dream comes true once again and instead of going for another Classic i would get a real MM540.
Here it is

Nice writing skills but definitely does not belong in the 4x4 section!!!

Hey guys,
C'mon.. This guy really loves a Jeep.
Cheer up desideep, you can definitely buy a Jeep now.
There are many members here who have bought a 540/550 and are rebuilding them (Harjeev, Randeep, Alfa and many others). Please read through their threads. Will surely be some inspiration for you.
Cheers,
Deepak

@desideep: You my friend have a problem.

Only remedy get a jeep soon, you will sleep better. :)

Nice writeup!!!
I too would love to get my hands on a model CJ3B and MM550 or 540.
Any idea where I might get those either in Delhi or Haryana/ Punjab.
I have many other miniatures but none of them are Indian cars/jeeps

lol: You had me there for a while Deep. Like your write up. Your only remedy is to go get a jeep for yourself. Jeeps are available in abundance and you can get the MM variety without much lookjng around. Enjoy

DesiDeep
Where do you belong to,
In your location one number is Delhi, Other Gurgaon and the third is Bhatinda?
Am I right???

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyobeb (Post 1199708)
Nice writing skills but definitely does not belong in the 4x4 section!!!

Thanks a lot for liking the writeup. oh yes it does belong to the 4x4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 1199848)
Hey guys,
C'mon.. This guy really loves a Jeep.
Cheer up desideep, you can definitely buy a Jeep now.
There are many members here who have bought a 540/550 and are rebuilding them (Harjeev, Randeep, Alfa and many others). Please read through their threads. Will surely be some inspiration for you.
Cheers,
Deepak

I love the Jeeps. i am following up all these treads already taking ideas from here and there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1199859)
@desideep: You my friend have a problem.

Only remedy get a jeep soon, you will sleep better. :)

True said Mr. Fire. i need a good nite sleep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 1200234)
lol: You had me there for a while Deep. Like your write up. Your only remedy is to go get a jeep for yourself. Jeeps are available in abundance and you can get the MM variety without much lookjng around. Enjoy

I do plan to get a jeep but just trying to settle down for now with a ZEN, a converted RX100(135), a CBZ extreme and a NV. so jeep would be something i hope in a years time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harjeev (Post 1200162)
Nice writeup!!!
I too would love to get my hands on a model CJ3B and MM550 or 540.
Any idea where I might get those either in Delhi or Haryana/ Punjab.
I have many other miniatures but none of them are Indian cars/jeeps

Quote:

Originally Posted by harjeev (Post 1200299)
DesiDeep
Where do you belong to,
In your location one number is Delhi, Other Gurgaon and the third is Bhatinda?
Am I right???

Thanks Harjeev. though i have not replied in your thread but i would like to say that you have some real nice documenting skill the way your add a discription to your photos. these models are by cony toys i think. though i am not sure. i recently added a MM540 and a Mahindra Bolero. when i go back home i have to get a Classic. i will get them for you aswell. but the bad thing is that the build quality is no where near to the one that i bought more than a deacade back. but i am sure they would still do.
oh an i am from Bathinda, work in gurgaon and living in delhi for now.

You are right down the road from Mayapouri. Go find a full sized toy to play with for heaven's sake. One that does not have that disgusting fuzz on the left rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 1201210)
You are right down the road from Mayapouri. Go find a full sized toy to play with for heaven's sake. One that does not have that disgusting fuzz on the left rear.

Well said. if i pee from the top floor i am sure it would land up in mayapuri. actually the problem is that the full sized toy would not be so easy to buy as skipping on couple of ICECREAMS here and there or may be some GOL GAPPE, or even some beers would not help. so i will give it around a year before i think of it. thanks anyway

Thanks DesiDeep,
I am happy that you like my writeups. I myself, am not too confident about my writing styles.

So Desi
You Are you also into off-roading. We guys have a group in NCR by the name of NIOC Northern India Off-Roading Club and meetup regularly and go for OTR Off The Road.
You are welcome to join anytime.

And where exactly do you stay and i myself am putup in patel Nagar and am in Mayapuri atleast once a week or once in two weeks as now I have 3 jeeps, so its definitely something or the other that draws me to the mecca of jeeps in Delhi.
Will love to meetup sometime...

p.s. I see that you are a bullet fan too. I love that machine.

Harjeev, when you visit Mayapuri next can you check if you can get hold of a spare solex carburettor for my Hurricane engine for the Cj3 B jeep ? The one on it is perfect but these things are getting scarce and a 2nd one tuned is a good idea in the toolkit bag.

Ever since my college days, I always wanted to own a World War II Low Bonnet Jeep. I had missed an earlier opportunity to own one, details of which I have share on you can read on post#6 here . One day, sometime around early 2004 I saw this Willys MB parked in Forum Mall, Bangalore. The Jeep was standing out amongst many other vintage and modern automobiles. I knew that this was the closest I could get to owning a World War II Low Bonnet Jeep. I did not want to miss this opprtunity. Before my Dad and Mum could understand what was happening, I had bought it -- A lovely Willys MB 1:32 accurate scale model manufactured by Gate. It even has the cartoon characters Beetle Bailey and Sarge.

Here are some pics:
My lil Jeep Story-dsc05393.jpg

Look, it even has the "Go Devil" Engine under the hood
My lil Jeep Story-dsc05392.jpg

The Gate "Beetle Bailey MB" 1:32 scale model is also featured on the CJ3B page here .

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1199694)
Even i have a Jeep.....Here it is

And I thought I was the only one who owned a scale model of a Jeep. I now own a real 1955 LHD Willys CJ3B. Desideep, may you soon be blessed with a Jeep too:thumbs up.

Thats a very nice one even i have a CJ2 Willys scale model a very tiny one

desideep, get yourself a jeep at once.

BUT, this is not an appropriate topic for this section.