Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 11:52   #181
BHPian

Nope. Couldnt get info.. so let that auction pass. We will have to wait for the next auction.
Old 26th February 2010, 23:37   #182
BHPian

hi e'bdy
there is going to be a auction of 6 gypsy's mainly 1994 ,96 in patiala in few days. details i can post tommorow. the gypsy's belong to excise and taxation dept. and lying in their head office for quite some time.
Old 27th February 2010, 02:16   #183
BHPian

Jeepsan,
Why are you restoring a disposal gypsy when you can find soo many civilian MPFI gypsies in Punjab at very reasonable price(2-2.5L). You will end up spending more on restoring and the quality won't match the factory fitted. Just a suggestion if you intend to upgrade the engine to MPFI of these disposals.

Last edited by Amar82 : 27th February 2010 at 02:20.
Old 7th March 2010, 14:44   #184
BHPian

Thanks to all at Team-BHP

Hi everyone! This is my first post every at Team-BHP. However, that doesn't mean that I'm new to this site. Believe it or not, I've been visiting this site for almost 8 months now. And, I've been reading and lapping up all advise that's been given by the various Gypsy gurus!
Since this is where i got inspired to actually 'act' on my dream of owning a Gypsy, I thought it is appropriate that I share with all of you the greatest news about my life (on road, that is!). Yes, after reading about all the posts and people who practically formed the basis of my actions, I went ahead and bid for a disposal Gypsy. ANd, yes, I got it!

This is a 2002 disposal Gypsy King hardtop. Will be getting the delivery sometime next week, and in true Team-BHP tradition, the first thing I'll be doing is taking pictures and posting them here!

ANd, of course, I;ll be starting a thread about the restoration (with pics)
More later. And, thanks to each and everyone at this site for inspiring me to act on what would have otherwise remained a dream forever!
Old 7th March 2010, 17:40   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving always! View Post
....Since this is where i got inspired to actually 'act' on my dream of owning a Gypsy, ..........I went ahead and bid for a disposal Gypsy. ANd, yes, I got it!

And, thanks to each and everyone at this site for inspiring me to act on what would have otherwise remained a dream forever!
My friend, congrats on your buy and wish you eternal happiness with your Gypsy. I assume that it is a mpfi king.

Do post pictures and the cost and what all you plan to do with it.

PS: Must say that it is raining Gypsy's on the forum these days
Old 8th March 2010, 00:10   #186
Senior - BHPian

@ D A..Congrats bro!!!! have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
PS: Must say that it is raining Gypsy's on the forum these days
oh ya thats so very true
Old 8th March 2010, 00:46   #187
Senior - BHPian

DA

waiting eagerly for the pics bro. way to go congrats mate
Old 8th March 2010, 08:11   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving always! View Post
I went ahead and bid for a disposal Gypsy. ANd, yes, I got it!

This is a 2002 disposal Gypsy King hardtop. Will be getting the delivery sometime next week, and in true Team-BHP tradition, the first thing I'll be doing is taking pictures and posting them here!

ANd, of course, I;ll be starting a thread about the restoration (with pics)
More later. And, thanks to each and everyone at this site for inspiring me to act on what would have otherwise remained a dream forever!
Hi DA
This is wonderful news. Congratulations
Eagerly waiting for your thread to know more about your buying experience, bidding procedure, amt spent, pictures, etc etc!!!
Thought I have a very limited knowledge when it comes to vehicles and restoration, please fell free to get in touch anytime for any clarification!!!

What are you doing with the registration??
Old 8th March 2010, 08:50   #189
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to all. I hope that the sudden demand for new and used Gypsies will drive MUL to improve their spares stocking and the training for the service staff at MASS centers.

I'd like nothing less than to see more Gypsies tooling about on the streets...they have a certain laughable lovability just like the lopsided nature of the MM vehicles.

More = Better
Old 8th March 2010, 09:48   #190
BHPian

Thanks again

@Khan Sultan: Thanks a lot! I'm assuming (in fact hoping!) it's an MPFI too. What I know is that it's 1.3, 4X4, hardtop. Once I get it sometime this week, will upload the pics. Initially, I plan to restore it to 'stock' condition.

@KSM-Vtec and Desmosedici (hope I've got your login name right!): Thanks a tonne, gentlemen!

@Harjeev: Thanks, and of course, I'll be bugging all those who can give me advise on what to do next! I'm looking at getting it registered somewhere in Haryana. Talking to some officials about how to go ahead. Would you know someone who can help me with the procedure and costs?

@gsferrari: Couldn't agree with you more "More=Better". In fact, when it comes to Gypsys on roads it shd be: "Most=Best". Here's looking forward to Gypsy-filled roads in the near future!
Old 13th March 2010, 19:06   #191
BHPian

oncoming auction of spg gypsys

hi guys, here's something that might interest some of you:

1 lot: 2 gypsys: "1 MARUTI GYPSY, 1999; 1 MARUTI GYPSY, 2001"
Auction on March 22

In case you're interested PM me and I'll give you more details.
bye

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th March 2010 at 23:34. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Use Preview before Submitting the post. Thanks
Old 14th March 2010, 22:54   #192
BHPian

Gentlemen,

I've heard a lot of the Army Gypsy autions. Never heard of Air Force and Navy Gypsy auctions . I was wondering if they do auction their vehicles. If not, where do their vehicles end up?

I hope i'm not .

Regards,
Zorro4X4
Old 15th March 2010, 06:54   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro4X4 View Post
Gentlemen,

I've heard a lot of the Army Gypsy autions. Never heard of Air Force and Navy Gypsy auctions . I was wondering if they do auction their vehicles. If not, where do their vehicles end up?

I hope i'm not .

Regards,
Zorro4X4
↲Hi zorro, the air force and navy vehicles too are disposed off in the same way as army. In fact, a lot of other govt depts too dispose off their vehicles thru auctions. Just that army disposes them off in huge nos, that's why everyone talks abt them only!
Old 15th March 2010, 09:11   #194
BHPian

Zorro, Check out the MSTC website you will find vehicles for auction from all the three Services.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:39   #195
BHPian

Any news on army/police Gypsy auctions in Pune any time soon?

Most Viewed