Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:09   #421
BHPian

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hargobindgrewal View Post
Hi everybody! I seek help from Senior Bhpians if they could clear my dilemma. I have bought a 2001 MPFI Gypsy from Pathankot. I am in the process of getting it registered from Jalandhar (Punjab). Not lot of agents associated with Department of Transportation in Jalandhar seem to know the process of getting ex-army vehicles registered - if not, this is the feeling I got after talking to the one working on my behalf.
I want to know, do I need to get 'No Objection Certificate' signed from army, the place where auction was conducted. Because I spoke to the Salvage people in Pathankot, and they have never heard this process, as it is auctomatically done by DTO office on their behalf.

Not a Senior Bhpian but I'll take a stab at this nonetheless - assuming you did not directly bid for the vehicle in the auction -
your dealer would have a letter from the Army depot stating that the vehicle bearing chassis # & engine # has been sold under Auction #.
This is then taken with the auction receipt from the dealer to the RTO for registration.

RTO inspect the papers, the vehicle for fitness, you pay the fee, taxes and they issue your dealer a number. You then transfer the vehicle in your name as second owner.
lugnut is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:01   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
Not a Senior Bhpian but I'll take a stab at this nonetheless - assuming you did not directly bid for the vehicle in the auction -
your dealer would have a letter from the Army depot stating that the vehicle bearing chassis # & engine # has been sold under Auction #.
This is then taken with the auction receipt from the dealer to the RTO for registration.

RTO inspect the papers, the vehicle for fitness, you pay the fee, taxes and they issue your dealer a number. You then transfer the vehicle in your name as second owner.
+1 on that. Just one addition, if your dealers address falls under another RTO then he will need to get you a NOC for you to be able to transfer the vehicle to your home RTO

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 3rd January 2012 at 16:02.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 16:51   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycan View Post
There Is CJ3B coming up for an Auction at the Ordnance Depot, Avadi on 21st Dec 2011. The Auction reference No is MSTC/SRO/OD AVADI/18/CHENNAI, TAMILNADU/11-12/7127[43790].
The Lot no is 33 and is Listed as Car 250Kg M&M. In fact it is an 87 model CJ3B. Got to Inspect the Vehicle. Camera and Mobile Phones are not allowed into the Premises. It's a Petrol engine and ideal vehicle for restoration. Being a Class 'V' vehicle It can be registered after complete restoration.
Any Takers ?
Hi Jerrycan,

I will pick it up, let me know i will come down. My parents will disown me now if i go for another jeep, but thats a different story. Every time i save some money for a nice diesel hatch back, i end up restoring a Jeep.

Do let me know i am intrested in the cj3b, extended my 3b to accomodate a di turbo now im missing the short chasis.

cheers,

Fahad
Old 5th January 2012, 21:23   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak View Post
Hi Jerrycan,

I will pick it up, let me know i will come down. My parents will disown me now if i go for another jeep, but thats a different story. Every time i save some money for a nice diesel hatch back, i end up restoring a Jeep.

Do let me know i am intrested in the cj3b, extended my 3b to accomodate a di turbo now im missing the short chasis.

cheers,

Fahad
That Jeep is long lost. The Jeep was picked up by another bidder on 21st Dec 2011.
Lets hope there is another one coming.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:26   #425
BHPian

Quote:
That Jeep is long lost. The Jeep was picked up by another bidder on 21st Dec 2011.
Lets hope there is another one coming.
Thanks a lot for the info. Any idea whats the going price of a cj3b from the auction or from a scrap dealer.

Cheers,

Fahad
Old 6th January 2012, 14:38   #426
BHPian

He picked it up for 83000 + Taxes (5% Vat + 1% ITCS). He would have spent another 10k for handling and miscellaneous* expenses. Registration Cost is 30K. You should get the Jeep for 1.5 Lakhs.
Old 18th January 2012, 15:55   #427
BHPian

GYPSY MM550 Auction.pdf
Hey,
For those of you looking for NGCS 550's and MPFI kings, here is the list of all the 4 x 4's being auctioned between 20-01-2012 and 27-01-2012 at Pathankot and Bathinda depots. The NGCS 550's are mixed with 2000 and 2003 model lots. I have marked a few NGCS and MPFI lots. Friends and I have pooled in to pick up at least 1 NGCS 550. If everything goes as planned, we'll have a new thread for Restoration of NGCS 550 along with 2 more Jeeps. Bidding is on 20th Jan 2012. Wish me luck.
Thanks
Jerrycan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:27   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 873464
Hey,
For those of you looking for NGCS 550's and MPFI kings, here is the list of all the 4 x 4's being auctioned between 20-01-2012 and 27-01-2012 at Pathankot and Bathinda depots. The NGCS 550's are mixed with 2000 and 2003 model lots. I have marked a few NGCS and MPFI lots. Friends and I have pooled in to pick up at least 1 NGCS 550. If everything goes as planned, we'll have a new thread for Restoration of NGCS 550 along with 2 more Jeeps. Bidding is on 20th Jan 2012. Wish me luck.
Thanks
I should've checked this thread earlier.

I am interested and in either NGCS 550 or MPFI Gypsy. If there is one I could lay my hands on PLEASE let me know by PM.
Old 24th January 2012, 06:08   #429
BHPian

Please go through the attachment. There are several MPFI Gypsy's and NGCS 550's on auction at Bathinda on 27th January 2012. There is a 2006 model AND 2000 model at Siliguri, West Bengal on the same day. The previous auction's closing bid is attached here with for your reference.

8971.1852.pdf
Old 24th January 2012, 17:47   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Please go through the attachment. There are several MPFI Gypsy's and NGCS 550's on auction at Bathinda on 27th January 2012. There is a 2006 model AND 2000 model at Siliguri, West Bengal on the same day. The previous auction's closing bid is attached here with for your reference.

Attachment 876326
Thanks Jerrycan for the info.

I am a newb. I don't know anything about the auctions, never been to one before. I don't now how to go about it. If I have your permission to PM you.. I would like to ask you a few things about army auctions.
Old 25th January 2012, 03:20   #431
Senior - BHPian

All the best for your bids Jerrycan. I hop you get the vehicles you are looking for.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 13:24   #432
BANNED

I don't quite understand why there so much demand for an army auctioned jeep vs a used civilian jeep of the same model. Do they have different specs?
Old 26th January 2012, 13:43   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I don't quite understand why there so much demand for an army auctioned jeep vs a used civilian jeep of the same model. Do they have different specs?
Some thoughts..

1. Civilian Jeep of same model is not available off the shelf - finding a 4x4 540 in the used cars market is difficult - one might have better luck with a Bolero. The Thar is changing this to some extent these days.

2. Stock capability to take on the off-road - aggregates of the 550 are designed to take more abuse in general, and then go out and do it again.

3. Proven - if it's been good enough to take Army use = good enough for one's 4x4 needs

4. Cost - If you're not going overboard in a restore, the cost of a basic restore is relatively minor

By the way, ever wonder why the fascination with Army surplus stores and HUMMVEEs (which led to the civilian H1, H2 s)
Old 26th January 2012, 13:52   #434
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
Some thoughts..

1. Civilian Jeep of same model is not available off the shelf - finding a 4x4 540 in the used cars market is difficult - one might have better luck with a Bolero. The Thar is changing this to some extent these days.
Hmm, well that could be so, I have seen many very nice looking Gypsies and MMs buzzing around in Leh with an army officer or two prettily tucked in. They could be best cared for vehicles.
Old 26th January 2012, 14:06   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHyde View Post
Thanks Jerrycan for the info.

I am a newb. I don't know anything about the auctions, never been to one before. I don't now how to go about it. If I have your permission to PM you.. I would like to ask you a few things about army auctions.
I am a newbie too. I do not have PM privilege. Moreover every thing about Army auctions is discussed on this thread. Feel free to post your queries here or you may call me on my mobile +919894683844.

Most Viewed