Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 13:38   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
HELP GUYS!!

Urgently need your help. I am trying to re-register my x-army 550 (without greasing any palms) and the rto is asking for the value of the vehicle to determine road tax.

Now he says either the auction receipt of mine or any other 2001 model 550 will do or invoice of 2001 model 550.

The issue is mine auction receipt is of a lot of 6-7 different vehicles and he is not able to determine value of 550.

Can anybody help with either auction receipt of only 550 2001 model or invoice of 2001 550?

cheers
vishwas
Sir, Is the vehicle already registered and are you trying to re register using an noc in another state or are you tring to register it for the first time using army papers.
Let me know the period of auction and the depot which conducted the auction by pm. I'll try to help you
Regards
Jerrycan

Last edited by Jerrycan : 16th April 2013 at 13:43.
Jerrycan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 16:36   #662
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

Guys some more detailed pictures of the green Cj500D.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400199.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400200.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400201.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400203.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400207.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400208.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400210.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400212.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img2013041400213.jpg  

Old 16th April 2013, 17:22   #663
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Guys some more detailed pictures of the green Cj500D.
This time I am NOT going to post ANY Be assured .

Hmnn . Rotating the screen than neck, to watch odd pic angles, is a good discovery

Jokes apart, From the pics you have sent its a Peugeot engine Jeep . Looks mostly undamaged .

Thus quite doable as a camper type offroader you want to make it to.

Just one more thing, do check the chassis for any damage at following spots

# 1) Under the drivers feet . The area of one & half foot in length, just before the front leaf spring pivot point ( that falls just below drivers feet )

# 2) Where the upper end of the front shock absorber is mounted .

# 3) Below the battery bracket . Overflowing battery acids damage mounting brackets & then the chassis if kept neglected for long time . So necessary to check this in old vehicles particularly .

As a General Rule do not accept broken, too much rusted or bent chassis in Jeeps .

Any damage to the body tub can be repaired & wont affect handling of the Jeep .

Sudarshan .

P. S. Expect more pics with simpler angles .
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 17:37   #664
Senior - BHPian

Sorry mate, shall post them. Actually I also realised the weird angles only after they came up. Next time will double check and rotate accordingly. I had clicked them with the phone and then just uploaded so they came out like this. Sincere apologies.
I shall click the pictures of the places you have mentioned and upload. Also then the engine is not the International Engine? The chassis as reported is totally ok with no work what so ever. However more pictures to follow then.
Old 16th April 2013, 21:30   #665
BANNED

Oh No, no need of apology etc.

BTW, the Jeep looks like the early Peugeot , it still has the dreaded dynamo on it , the gears look like 3 forward type, The brake drums are not the regular larger ones ( like later models ) . Old lady certainly she is, but looks like was serving good till the end . Most parts are in place & its not so long she has been decommissioned .

A three gear Peugeot is a fun to drive . The reverse is in place of the first of the normal four forward . I nearly missed banging a amby behind me at the signal once

Sudarshan

Last edited by Sudarshan : 16th April 2013 at 21:34.
Old 16th April 2013, 21:41   #666
Senior - BHPian

Yes its a three forward one, with the reverse up front on left and the rest follow the tandem. I have a picture of its VIN plate as well and its still very legible. Will it be possible to replace the dynamo with an alternator? Have embarrassing memories of the dynamo on my premier padmani. Yups she was parked in a totally working condition to get a newer replacement but before the cogs could turn the austerity measures came in and no new vehicle is allowed to be purchased. Now the thing remains how to get it, haha.
Old 16th April 2013, 21:55   #667
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Will it be possible to replace the dynamo with an alternator?
Yes the fitment will be ready made ( brackets & all ) AFAIK .

BTW keep watch on the auction date, perhaps you may need an insider .

Sudarshan
Old 16th April 2013, 22:25   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Yes the fitment will be ready made ( brackets & all ) AFAIK .

BTW keep watch on the auction date, perhaps you may need an insider .

Sudarshan

But I am the insider, mate. This makes it slightly complicated as I cannot bid for it directly. The only option will be to see who is the highest bidder and then arm twist him into letting it go for as small a premium as possible.
Old 16th April 2013, 22:28   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post

Some how, I am not able to understand why these auctioned vehicles reach this "scrap" condition. Is this the way the military men drive until the vehicle is scraped or they just "build" a vehicle out of the heap of scrap metal lying in the army junkyard and sell it off ?
As Jerrycan told, it is left open in the yard. Also before taking it to the yard, they remove the tarpaulin/ soft-top for auctioning it separately. Thus the interior gets damaged quickly. CRPF handles them better. Vehicles will be supported by wooden planks to save the tyres. And this rusting happens mostly in central depots only (like Avadi). We got running vehicles from Coimbatore & Kochi.
BuildUpGypsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 23:27   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildUpGypsy View Post

As Jerrycan told, it is left open in the yard. We got running vehicles from Coimbatore & Kochi.
BUG also got 550s from Avadi. The people at the depot had switched the rear axle with that of 540 2wd brake calipers were missing, there was nothing inside the rear brake drum and the gear box was in a pathetic condition.
It was filled with water and sludge.
Avadi is the only army depot down south, that disposes vehicles.
The vehicles are towed to Avadi from as far as Belgaum, Hyderabad etc., This vehicles are put in the open for a minimum of 6 months before being put on auction. After many unsuccessful bids, it's delivered after another 6 months or so.
Old 16th April 2013, 23:53   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycan View Post
Sir, Is the vehicle already registered and are you trying to re register using an noc in another state or are you tring to register it for the first time using army papers.
Let me know the period of auction and the depot which conducted the auction by pm. I'll try to help you
Regards
Jerrycan
Hi Jerrycan,

Thanks for the kind gesture. Have dropped you a pm.

Cheers
Vishwas

p.s. Pls. don't call me sir
Old 17th April 2013, 00:39   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Jerrycan, if I may suggest, could you please start a thread (or post it here) giving a comprehensive idea of what goes behind an army auction?

I see you are the only guy here, capable of providing a comprehensive and first hand information on this dreaded process. Will you please do that? Thanks in advance.

Spike
Sire,
Most of the details are already on this thread, however for the benefit of the forum members I'll post the details of my experiences with the auctioneers and the sellers soon
Thanks & regards
Old 24th April 2013, 09:02   #673
BHPian

Dear All,
Here is a CJ3B 83 Model Petrol RHD up for Auction on 25th and 26th of April 2013.I have inspected the vehicle and the Vehicle is in a decent shape, with no missing parts, except for the Distributor cap. The Auction is from AVADI depot.
Those interested, please contact the registered dealer in your home state. Should you need any more details, do drop a PM.
Best Regards
PrabhuLotDetails18042013.pdf
Old 5th May 2013, 13:34   #674
BHPian

JONGAs Any body !

There are 2 Nos 97 Model Nissan Jongas' (IIRC, Indian army got a few diesel Jongas after 1991) up for auction on 08/05/2013 at Cheoki, Allahabad U.P. The Inspection Closes on 07/05/2013 and a pre bid of Rs. 50,000.00 has to be deposited latest by 07/05/2013
Here are some details of the Vehicles

jonga.pdf

For more details Click Here http://www.mstcindia.co.in/TenderEnt...m_Details.aspx

Regards
Prabhu

Last edited by Jerrycan : 5th May 2013 at 13:43. Reason: Year of Manufacture Included
Old 29th May 2013, 13:23   #675
BANNED

A 2005 550 NGCS is available at Patiala. Condition is as released from the army,but quite a clean vehicle.Demand is 2 lacs with registration.If any member is intrested i can send the pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks