Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 21:22   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Just an option to throw, dont you get late 90's civilian CL500 with Di and 4+R within 1 lac? these auctioned vehicles can throw you lot of surprises and do include your opportunity cost/headache to restore the vehicle and run around for paperwork.

Hope it helps !

Shubhendra Singh
Yups mate. You have helped make the decision. The exact thoughts were lingering in my mind but I think I needed a sane voice to help me understand. Yes, auction vehicles can be a money pit plus a real labour of love, paid in man hours. Can't afford this kind of commitment as of now. So letting go and may turn to you for help with the CL500 one day soon.
Old 22nd May 2014, 18:52   #752
Senior - BHPian

Getting a real sweet deal. Therefore, have decided to pick it up. Will start a restoration thread as soon as I get it in my hands. Plans are to use it here in Assam for the next 2 years or so and then decide whether to take it along or dispose it off here itself.
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:16   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Getting a real sweet deal. Therefore, have decided to pick it up. Will start a restoration thread as soon as I get it in my hands. Plans are to use it here in Assam for the next 2 years or so and then decide whether to take it along or dispose it off here itself.
Congratulations ! It will be different experience altogether to get your Jeep restored.
All the best !

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:57   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Congratulations ! It will be different experience altogether to get your Jeep restored.
All the best !

Shubhendra
Thanks mate. Now the initial plan is to get the mechanical's right first and then the electricals. Shall start a restoration thread over the weekend for getting the pointers. What are the areas I need to take pictures of in order to give the maximum information to the jeepers here for getting guidance?
Old 8th June 2014, 21:02   #755
BHPian

I've been looking for a good gypsy(2wd works for me) in the sub 1Lakh region for a while, and have had little luck. a friend suggested army disposal vehicles. he said it would cost me 60k-70k to get, what costs would i be looking at to make it road worthy?
any upcoming auctions i should look into, or dealers i should check with who are in MH, KA (or <1000km from Goa)??
Old 9th June 2014, 09:13   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post
I've been looking for a good gypsy(2wd works for me) in the sub 1Lakh region for a while, and have had little luck. a friend suggested army disposal vehicles. he said it would cost me 60k-70k to get, what costs would i be looking at to make it road worthy?
any upcoming auctions i should look into, or dealers i should check with who are in MH, KA (or <1000km from Goa)??
Buying from a private buyer should be your best bet. A gypsy around 1 lakh can be bought from Delhi. An army disposal gypsy would cost you around 1 lakh to get back onto the road depending upon the condition, ofcourse. I have given you the minimum conservative estimate.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:00   #757
BHPian

Friends.. .

Need the following items from an Army auction MM550.

1. Front Bumper
2. Rear Bumper
3. Set of 5 Army spec Rims

I know Mayapuri is an option that is always avble..but based on my current condition that is not possible.
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:02   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Friends.. .

Need the following items from an Army auction MM550.

1. Front Bumper
2. Rear Bumper
3. Set of 5 Army spec Rims

I know Mayapuri is an option that is always avble..but based on my current condition that is not possible.
For 1 & 2 MM550s never came with 'bumpers' - they have ends that attach directly onto the chassis frame. If you need the bumperettes (curved pieces of metal) attached to the army chassis, look around CST, same goes for Army steel wheels

IIRC - auctions cover entire vehicles/ lots of vehicles, and not individual parts
Old 6th October 2014, 16:15   #759

I have purchased a army auctioned 2006 NGCS in jabalpur. I need to know what documents are required to register the jeep in my name in Maharashtra RTO. The person from whom I have acquired the jeep has only a letter from army in favour of the scrap dealer who was the original successful bidder. None of the documents are in name of the owner from whom I have purchased the jeep.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:53   #760
BHPian

Army Jeeps Registration

The Jeep has to be first registered in the name of the scrap dealer in jabalpur and then transferred to your name in Maharashtra vide NOC. The jeep cannot be register on your name directly.

Last edited by Jerrycan : 7th October 2014 at 11:54.
Old 7th October 2014, 17:01   #761
BHPian

Re: Army Jeeps Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycan View Post
The Jeep has to be first registered in the name of the scrap dealer in jabalpur and then transferred to your name in Maharashtra vide NOC. The jeep cannot be register on your name directly.
Hi Jerrycan;
I am looking for a Army NGCS. Can you help locate one?
Old 7th October 2014, 20:16   #762

You must get the required documents for it to be registered. I was told to present form 21 (pardon my poor memory), sale receipt and the auction documents bearing the chasis number. As my friend has rightly said, it will first be registered under the scrap dealer. My scrap dealer gave me the liberty to make a sale deed under his name on my own and then i got it transferred under my name.
Old 8th October 2014, 22:22   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
Hi Jerrycan;
I am looking for a Army NGCS. Can you help locate one?
Hello Dear GrayBerry

In pursuit of my ex-army NGCS(which is now procured and restoration is almost complete ), my contacts in the world of ex-army disposal/scrap dealers has increased by a fair amount. What I mean to say is that I know of a few good guys who can arrange ex-army NGCS jeeps in North India and Maharashtra.

If you can PM me your requirements in detail(preferences with respect to year of manufacture/gearbox/condition/cost), I can surely try to hook you up with the right person.

I do hope that you have done your homework about basic jeep drivetrain systems, or have a patient jeep mentor who can guide you through the endless questions/queries that are a part an parcel of any jeep restoration.

At the end of the day, a restored jeep will not compare to a normal hatchback/sedan in terms of driving experience. What I mean is that for a normal car, you will simply drive from Point A to Point B, and a simple check of the tyres and fuel is all that will be required. This will be standard until the next service. For a restored jeep, you will develop a habit of constantly checking the temp gauge(not that you are not required to do so in a car, but the frequency increases manifold in a jeep), randomly peering under the vehicle for oil/coolant leaks, shushing your passenger to hear that odd rattle/squeak/noise which you were sure that was not there before, and quite a few other things as well. A decision to own a jeep will come with increased inputs of $$ as well, which is not necessarily required in a well-maintained car(except normal service costs).

Now comes the good part-The Jeep experience offers something that cannot be described in words. You have to experience it to feel it, and that experience cannot come from owning a hatchback/sedan/SUV. And a day will come when you and the jeep will become ONE, and that will be the point of no return.

I hope I will be able to assist in whatever way to fulfill your jeep dream, just as my good friends and jeep gurus on the forum and outside the forum have helped to realize mine.

Thanks
Manjeet
Manjeet_Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 12:13   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjeet_Singh View Post
Hello Dear GrayBerry

In pursuit of..realize mine.

Thanks
Manjeet
Dear Manjeet,
Well said. I hear you.
I grew up with a CJ-3B and a broken down ambassador (my dad was awesome, the car was a push start, with 3rd gear missing and used hand brake when normal brakes failed).
Guess I get my kick in life by fixing things. I remember my first bike as a student, yamaha rx 100. I was so connected to that bike that I always knew what was coming, used to fill 1/2 liter of petrol and knew exactly how far the bike would go.
Anyways, will be glad to get to know you.
Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 17:03   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
Dear Manjeet,
Well said. I hear you.
Thanks
first Please ensure you speak to a RTO agent in Poona, who will help you to register your jeep in MH-12.
Jeep can be repaired easily in Poona, we have few good mechanics here.

Shubhendra

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks