Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 22:19   #811
BHPian

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

Hi guys. I need your help and guidance urgently.I am in the process of procuring a police auction Gypsy from Bhopal. I have to get that registered in HP. Now, the fundamental difference between police and army auction gypsy is that police gypsy come with an RC and an auction letter. Whereas the army gypsy come with proper Form 21. Will it effect the registration status in HP as I want to register the Gypsy for 15 years as 1st owner. Kindly enlighten.
Old 20th October 2020, 11:34   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
Hi guys,

I bought a 2005 MM 550 NGCS from a dealer (who bought it in an army auction) a couple of months ago and now I have restored it ground up, down to every single nut and bolt.

The vehicle was registered by the dealer in Pune and he promptly provided me all documents that were required for me to transfer it to my name in KA. However, the RTO requires a pro-forma invoice of the vehicle (or another MM-550 from 2005) to calculate the road tax. Can anyone help me out with this please?

Thanks,
driving_nomad
Luckily, I was able to get this and register the vehicle in KA. The road tax in KA for 14 years was a whopping INR.79K!

If anyone is stuck without the proforma invoice, please let me knwo and I will be happy to share.
Driving_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 09:12   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Luckily, I was able to get this and register the vehicle in KA. The road tax in KA for 14 years was a whopping INR.79K!

If anyone is stuck without the proforma invoice, please let me knwo and I will be happy to share.
I have sent you a PM with a query. I am facing a similar issue here in Bangalore.
silverblaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 15:26   #814
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

Which RTO did you get it registered in?
How did the whole process go?
Did you get it done by yourself or thru an agent?

Thanks,
Prajnya.
Old 18th May 2021, 21:05   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_hilldriver View Post
Hi guys. I need your help and guidance urgently.I am in the process of procuring a police auction Gypsy from Bhopal. I have to get that registered in HP. Now, the fundamental difference between police and army auction gypsy is that police gypsy come with an RC and an auction letter. Whereas the army gypsy come with proper Form 21. Will it effect the registration status in HP as I want to register the Gypsy for 15 years as 1st owner. Kindly enlighten.
Hi Sid, were you able to find out more information about how police auction registrations work? I am planning on registering an ambassador.

One other concern about police auctions you may have to take care of:-
If the vehicle is having special number plates eg KA01 G1 2345,
you will have to re-register in Form 20 to get new number plate. (I think)

Now, a subtle problem arises, Form 20 re-registration of non-BS6 vehicles is stopped.

Does the RTO make exceptions for public auction vehicles and permit Form 20 re-registration of non-BS6 vehicle? Wise guys, please advice
diesel_driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 23:37   #816
BHPian

Buying a Gypsy in Pathankot and getting cheated, almost

I am living in Ludhiana these days although my roots are in Kerala. I have been searching for a Gypsy and it has almost become an OCDish urge. And I ran into trouble last week, as you would imagine. There was this Youtube video on a number of military auctioned Gypsies for sale in Pathankot which were advertised as 2013 make and Euro 4. And my brains went into a tizzy and off I went to Pathankot.

The dealer by the name Shivam is a young "straightforward" man with pleasing manners and an oily(synthetic) tongue. So I take this Gypsy to Vehicleleads. the Maruti dealer there. The manager DK is affable, efficient and hospitable. The vehicle was in good condition was the report. Now, the story has a twist in its exhaust manifold. I had luckily clicked a picture of the Vin and engine number and that saved what would have been a complete disaster.

The car was of 2008 make according to the Vin number and it turned out to be Euro IV. What made me click the picture was providential. Somebody in the workshop came and asked the crook seller what model the car was and he blushed and winced. It surely rang a bell. And it saved the day. Lessons learned: There is no such thing as an honest car dealer. Damage to pocket: Rs.20000 (paid to the account of Nirmal Fuels, Pathankot) as the glib seller would not attend to my calls anymore.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th March 2022 at 07:30. Reason: Edited for spacing
TopLiveCentre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 20:39   #817
BHPian

TopLiveCentre Thanks for the info.

Could you elaborate a little more about the incident?

My uncle called me this morning and mentioned that he is looking out for a used gypsy.

So came across your experience.

Do share in details.

Thanks.
Old 10th April 2022, 15:49   #818
BHPian

Yes, many thanks, the post above is a bit unclear. The seller tried to sell me a Euro III Gypsy as a Euro 4. It was very clear that the Gypsy in question was a Euro III as the distributor was there for anyone to see. But I did not notice it and I paid the Advance Rs.20000. By the time my mechanic could alert me it was too late. I tried to explain things to the seller but he would not answer my calls anymore. That's when I found out he was a through and through professional in things like this. I have uploaded a video on Youtube to help buyers identify a Euro III Gypsy. Please search Anilkumar B K.
It is actually a racket in Punjab. And they have agents in other states in Kerala. The problem is you just cannot identify the year of make from the RC these guys happily produce and they never show you the military invoice. I know a few people who got duped recently. They were sold 2008/07 cars as 2013. You can actually catch these thieves by the Vin number. But in some of the Gypsies I saw around Delhi, there was no Vin. Wishing your uncle the very best in his search and please let me know how he goes about it as I am still searching for a Gypsy.

Seatbelts on and Mobile off
TopLiveCentre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 22:16   #819

Reviving this thread in hopes of finding some answers. Are VFJ Stallion or Tata 407 4x4 available through army auctions. Any dealers in Gujarat or Maharashtra?
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:53   #820
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I was looking to participate in a MSTC auction. While registering, it mentions Individual bidders dont need GST number.
However, in the details of auction conditions, it mentions gst number mandatory.

I dont want to get stuck in the red tape-ism here.

So, if any Bhp-ian who have successfully participated in such an auction may please help.

Alternatively, I am also open to participate in the auction through any dealer who may participate on my behalf for a commission.

Thanks and regards.
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 18:21   #821

Hello All,
Hoping the below query suits this thread.

I wanted to know something about High Security Registration Plates (HSRP and windshield stickers ) for Army auctioned vehicles (eg: Gypsies) that are registered in respective state RTOs after April 2019.

My ex-army gypsy is registered in 2021 in KA RTO & came with regular/ordinary plates fixed by previous owner. I tried to place online order from HSRP vendor websites but the websites and Maruti dealers only allow HSRP plate booking for vehicles registered before April 2019 ( their database which is synced with Vahan database does not fetch manufacturing year - mine is 2008 as mentioned in RC)

Since army-auctioned Gypsy's are newly registered directly at RTOs, how can we now get HSRP plates for post -April 2019 registered vehicle?

Has anyone faced similar issue and have found a solution? Kindly let me know if any of us have info on how to get HSRP plates. Kindly help 🙏

(Karnataka has made it mandatory to affix HSRP plates on all vehicles. I am currently using regular number plates and would want to replace it with HSRP plates and the windshield stickers that comes with it)
Cadence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 00:21   #822
RJM
BHPian

Hi all,

I'm wondering how the restored Gypsy's, etc. are allowed to sell when there is a restriction of 15 years on petrol and 10 yrs on diesel vehicles. I do understand it is applicable on metros alone, however, there are many states that do not allow cars more than 15 yrs re registered in other states even with NOC. Do these auctioned vehicles come under any special clause?

Appreciate your comments.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2023 at 03:59. Reason: Typos fixed. Spacing, grammar fixed. Please proof read. Thanks!
Old 19th November 2023, 11:15   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM View Post
Hi all,

I'm wondering how the restored Gypsy's, etc. are allowed to sell when there is a restriction of 15 years on petrol and 10 yrs on diesel vehicles. I do understand it is applicable on metros alone, however, there are many states that do not allow cars more than 15 yrs re registered in other states even with NOC. Do these auctioned vehicles come under any special clause?

Appreciate your comments.
They are re-registered to a private number post the auction from the army.
Thus, they gain validity from the new point of registration.
Old 19th November 2023, 13:03   #824
RJM
BHPian

very interesting, thank you for clarifying. Does that mean that emission laws go out of the window if the vehicle is from auction?
Old 20th December 2023, 05:41   #825
BHPian

Hello All,

I'm currently in the market for a MM550/540 4x4, and it seems most avenues lead to dealers in the Delhi/Punjab region. However, being based in Chennai, I'm facing a challenge in verifying the authenticity of these sellers. Been trying to connect with YouTubers who post videos MM550 restoration videos but I’m not getting anywhere!

If any fellow members here have experience or advice on buying a used MM550/540, especially regarding reputable sellers in the southern regions, your insights would be immensely valuable.

Cheers!
Vimal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks