Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 17:11   #16
BHPian

upcoming army auctions: lots of M&M(D) and Gypsy

Bhpians,
Check this link on MSTC site: Forthcoming_e_Auctions_For_All_regions_

With in the Eastern region section, click on fourth link FROM LAST.

lot no: 41VC/2 DOU/046/2008 contains four M&M diesels
41VC/2 DOU/045/2008 contains 1 jeep and 2 armadas
41VC/2 DOU/044/2008 contains 3 gypsy and 1 ambassador.
I guess numbers mentioned in the details of lot are chasis numbers ,right?
Does the first two digits in the number "98B-065379-X" refer to mfr Year? What about the last "-X"; what does it mean?
Only if the process of auctioning is a lot more transparent and simpler .. damn it! it's heart breaking to imagine one or two good 4x4's of that lot passing on to some broker.
Probably we , within t-BHP , can form a syndicate to bid for a particular lot, can't we? That way each one of the group can have a 4x4 for themselves at cheap rate.
But for now, the three lots i mentioned above belong to some Guwahati depot-- so quite out of reach .

Edit:
On the same page of MSTC, click on first link of EASTERN REGION.
lot no: 41VC/MAIN/062/2008 has just two jeeps
apart from these there are many lots with 4 gypsy.
These too are from Guwahati region :(

Last edited by deetee : 18th August 2008 at 17:19.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2008, 16:40   #17
evo
BHPian

I couldnt find the lot with the cars. Can someone please post a direct link to the lot?

If more people are serious then we can definitely look into it, I wouldnt mind a gypsy at all!
Old 19th August 2008, 16:50   #18
BHPian

i think its the 5th link or maybe the site is updating so click on the link with the Text MSTC/ERO/41 Vehicle Company/3/Narangi Cantt/08-09/1840.

I think they have 1 ton Jonga also

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th August 2008 at 18:29. Reason: Font tags
Old 19th August 2008, 17:48   #19
BHPian

direct links can't be posted because they are java script based urls.
Use these pictures to identify the links with in the eastern region section:
I have wrongly mentioned as one of the links is first one.Actually it is somewhere in middle as shown in the second picture here:
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-narangi1.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-narangi2.jpg  

Last edited by deetee : 19th August 2008 at 17:52.
Old 19th August 2008, 18:18   #20
evo
BHPian

Thank You!

Aha,

Thank you! Read through, some Jongas on sale too!
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:37   #21
BHPian

6x6 Zil 131 on auction!!!

whoa...they are auctioning a 3ton 6X6 Zil 131 truck in Delhi. This would be a superb off roader if restored well.

@Dirtydan: Why dont you get this one for your himalayan road odessesy. What say

6X6 Zil 131 truck off roading video to entice you further: Russian 6x6 ZIL-131 Decon truck offroading-ZIL,truck,ZIL-131,6x6,Russia,Russian,offroad,army,military,decon tamination,diesel,petrol Video Search - The Best ZIL,truck,ZIL-131,6x6,Russia,Russian,offroad,army,military,decon tamination,diesel,petrol video

Cheers!
Vaspro
Old 23rd August 2008, 22:45   #22
BHPian

@deetee
The first two digits on the army vehicle denote the year in which the vehicle was brought into commision which generally the same as year of manufacture. The letter at the end of the number denote the type/group of vehicle. For examples, all jeeps and gypsies are 'B'.
I hope the classification is clear!
And they have no where mentioned the chassis number. It is the depot out of which this vehicle is being auctioned.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:28   #23
BHPian

Get a load of the engine specs: 8 cyl petrol , now what is the FE gonna be 5 lts/km off road??
would be a great project though,
cheers
jammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
whoa...they are auctioning a 3ton 6X6 Zil 131 truck in Delhi. This would be a superb off roader if restored well.

@Dirtydan: Why dont you get this one for your himalayan road odessesy. What say

6X6 Zil 131 truck off roading video to entice you further: Russian 6x6 ZIL-131 Decon truck offroading-ZIL,truck,ZIL-131,6x6,Russia,Russian,offroad,army,military,decon tamination,diesel,petrol Video Search - The Best ZIL,truck,ZIL-131,6x6,Russia,Russian,offroad,army,military,decon tamination,diesel,petrol video

Cheers!
Vaspro
Old 27th August 2008, 21:38   #24
BHPian

Hi,

Well, is there any possibility that any of these Jeeps can be available at Mumbai. Does these kind of auctions are held at Mumbai also?
I have seen many Army MM550 XDBs moving around the Fort area & around Naval Dock Area. So just wondering, what could be happening to these Jeeps after their specified tenure at the service.

by the way (BTW) , one of the MM550 in the above mentioned auction is of year 2003. So at what possible price it would sell?

Regards,
O_M
Old 27th August 2008, 21:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
....what is the FE gonna be 5 lts/km off road??..
OT: .. had to read it couple of times over to realize what you were saying jammy.
Old 29th August 2008, 15:43   #26
BHPian

Guys there was a army auction in Mumbai yesterday and there were 3 gypsy's MG410 up for grabs for Two Lakhs Thirty Thousand, a Nissan 1 Ton, a Shaktiman Truck. All the stuff there was picked up by Delhi guys. A fellow Tbhpian picked up a trailer for his jeeps.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-n0026.jpg  

Old 1st September 2008, 11:45   #27
BHPian

@MODS Please make this thread a running thread or a sticky or something for anyone who can inform about Jeeps being auctioned/sold etc.
Good Jeeps are hard to find and off late a lot of people have found a new love for 4x4s and Jeeps in particular, me being one of them. So this thread might help all those looking for Jeeps.

EDIT: Got the word...Please make it a PARKED thread.

Last edited by abhik : 1st September 2008 at 11:48.
Old 2nd October 2008, 19:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
i CANT BELEIVE IT THAT THERE ARE AUCTIONS IN BATHINDA. i am sorry but i am really surprised so many years in bathinda but i have not heard of any auctions in bathinda. with close connections in the CANTONMENT i have come to know that all the auctionable motors are sent to PATHANKOT or DELHI
The Army surplus dump is near the Nahtana road. Thats where the dabwalli ppl get most of their stuff from.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:06   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hi Bravo, Please give us more details on how you sealed the deal on this Jeep. Also we need detailed pics of it as got from the Auction.
Hi IronWolf,
Now a days auctions of military surplus vehicles has gone the online. Its not auctions now but e-auctions where the bidding is done online. This has been made to make the process more transparent. I have bought my jeep from a agent in Kanpur who claims he bought the jeeps from Shillong! The price he quoted is including his transportation & miscellaneous charges. Te guy is actually a dealer in army auction Royal Enfields and Gypsys and he is a first timer in Jeeps.

I'll post the pics starting from today (most probably). I own a HTC p3400i which has a 2 MP camera which is worse than a VGA one. I tried some shots but are not worth posting. Let me get my hands on my friends N Series and I'll start posting

Thank You

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th March 2009 at 10:51. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 15th October 2008, 16:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

You can't directly bid in the auction because the army usually sells off these things in a lot and one lot may have quite a few vehicles. It is not viable for an individual to bid for an entire lot of MM550s !! This trade is virtually monopolised by a particular community called Jaiswals and they operate in a cartel with internal understandings.
It's better to contact them. Buy either direct from a successful bidder or from the kataiwallahs (scrap traders) who are located in Panagarh itself. If you physically just go to Panagarh you can see heaps and heaps of such vehicles that are waiting to be chopped off.
I just saw them on the roadside during my recent trip to Varanasi.
All said and done - I am not too sure if it is good to buy an army used vehicle. Typically they have nothing left in them when they are sold. So unless you know the subject extremely well you might end up making some very expensive mistakes. Monetary expense is not the issue. I dislike emotional expenses more.
Regarding latest pollution norms etc - if the vehicle is not registered in a metropolitan city and if it is registered as a private vehicle it is fine. You will need a proof of residence somewhere outside metropolitan Calcutta (for example Barasat) to get the vehicle registered there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks