Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 13:32   #781
BHPian

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

I bought mine through a private sale.
Old 8th October 2016, 20:43   #782
BHPian

Hi all, After going through these threads for sevaral months i decided to take a plunge in 4*4 jeep world.I am looking for a MM 550/MM 540 in a restorable condition.As I am not educated much in this area can any one guide me?
Old 19th November 2016, 22:43   #783
BHPian

There was an advertisement regarding mm550 army disposal vehicles in olx.Are these ones worth a try at restoration by a novice?Experts please help me.
https://www.olx.in/i2/item/mahindra-...1d5a90#gallery
Old 30th January 2017, 17:08   #784
Senior - BHPian

My neighbour owns a scrapyard and he keeps getting Jeeps / Gypsies etc from auctions (mostly ex-Navy). What he told me is that when they buy they have to tell if they are going to scrap or re-sell and the tax they pay in different in each case and they are given paperwork accordingly. Once they declare it is for scrap, there is no way you can register. Is this the same all over the country?
Old 2nd February 2017, 11:28   #785
BHPian

I am not sure if this is the right thread. but I want to give a try here. I own a 2006 NGCS MM550.I am looking for a spare tyre carrier for 160PCD wheel. The tyre carrier I received was damaged beyond repair. I am unable to get a new/used one anywhere here in Bangalore. Even checked Scrap yards here. Can anyone help me here. I understand that Thar tyre carrier should fit, but it is out of stock here, and they are not sure, if they will get it sometime soon.
Old 2nd February 2017, 16:17   #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
I am not sure if this is the right thread. but I want to give a try here. I own a 2006 NGCS MM550.I am looking for a spare tyre carrier for 160PCD wheel. The tyre carrier I received was damaged beyond repair. I am unable to get a new/used one anywhere here in Bangalore. Even checked Scrap yards here. Can anyone help me here. I understand that Thar tyre carrier should fit, but it is out of stock here, and they are not sure, if they will get it sometime soon.

Hi sad
I might be able to help you to source the rear tail gate of MM550 (if that is what you want). Pls share your contact detail or email ID as I do not have PM facility.
sanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:59   #787
BHPian

Recently saw a post in Bangalore Traffic Police thread where Gypsy and Jeeps were listed for auction. Refer the FB page for more details.
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:41   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Hi sad
I might be able to help you to source the rear tail gate of MM550 (if that is what you want). Pls share your contact detail or email ID as I do not have PM facility.
Thanks Sanju,

I am looking for a spare tyre bracket or Stepney bracket, as they call. This is where the spare tyre is mounted. not the tail gate as you mentioend. you can reach me on my mail id sadanandbondade@yahoo.com or 9448175345
Old 3rd February 2017, 08:32   #789
BHPian

I found the image from the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-screenshot_20170203083143916_com.android.chrome.png  

Old 3rd February 2017, 15:04   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
Try this guy in Mayapuri, he will be able to help you get one, Suresh
Jerrycan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 00:06   #791
BHPian

Saw this news on Cartoq/Google newsstand. Wonder how good these gypsys are. Anyway, for the Gypsy lovers among us.

Buy cheap used Indian Army Maruti Gypsy SUVs, register as new for 15 years! https://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwsd2rpjw

But how come another 15 years? Because it's a government vehicle? These vehicles must be pretty old by now.

Mods: I posted the same message on the below thread but later found this thread to be more appropriate.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4435793

Please delete as required.

Last edited by SCORPION : 30th July 2018 at 00:11.
Old 12th November 2018, 12:39   #792
BHPian

Hello all. I am looking forward to purchase a used Maruti Gypsy. A small research led me to know that a lot of gypsies out there are rebuilt army disposals. I contacted a few dealers in Punjab who deal with rebuilding of army disposals from scratch. A dealer also quoted me a price of 3.25 L for a 08 model army disposal with all the mechanicals checked/reworked/replaced and a new paint. However, I am skeptic about the reliability of such cars. First, the mechanical parts must have already been put to rigorous tests during their usage in army and the second, vital parts like engine, diffs, gearbox, etc. being opened/tampered/handled by local mechanics seems unsafe and unreliable.

Can someone who owns such cars share what problems do arise in such cars and how much are they reliable?
Old 4th December 2018, 17:07   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

If one buys an auctioned vehicle, can it be registered in another state ?
Old 10th December 2018, 13:41   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Hello all. I am looking forward to purchase a used Maruti Gypsy. A small research led me to know that a lot of gypsies out there are rebuilt army disposals. I contacted a few dealers in Punjab who deal with rebuilding of army disposals from scratch. A dealer also quoted me a price of 3.25 L for a 08 model army disposal with all the mechanicals checked/reworked/replaced and a new paint. However, I am skeptic about the reliability of such cars. First, the mechanical parts must have already been put to rigorous tests during their usage in army and the second, vital parts like engine, diffs, gearbox, etc. being opened/tampered/handled by local mechanics seems unsafe and unreliable.

Can someone who owns such cars share what problems do arise in such cars and how much are they reliable?
Buy an unrestored Gypsy from the dealers and rebuild it yourself.
Jerrycan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 13:44   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If one buys an auctioned vehicle, can it be registered in another state ?
Legally it can be registered in the dealers place of business. But some Mayapuri dealers are getting the vehicles registered in Punjab, Himachal, Mizoram, etc.,
Jerrycan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks