Team-BHP - Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/54560-jeeps-gypsys-all-through-army-auctions-what-when-where-how.html)

NOTE from MOD: This thread has been created from posts across various threads that discussed all about how/what etc info for army auctions.

Please have all aspects of army auctions discussions here. This will help keeping all info at one place
----------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 660428)
Who do we see, where do we go to put in a bid like yours in Delhi?

These auctions are held on behalf of the Army Vehicles depot by the Metals and Scrap Trading corporation of India. They have a offices in all the major cities where you can get the auction details. Before you bid, you need to register with them giving originals of your PAN card, Income tax returns, etc, etc which will be returned after the registration.

The bigger problem is finding a good lot of jeeps. A lot will contain jeeps as well as some light and heavy commercial vehicles like Saktiman 4x4 trucks, etc and accident damaged vehicles. So it's pointless to bid for these lots as you will be stuck with a bunch of 7 year old Saktiman trucks and some accident vehicles. Basically you have to be lucky enough to find a lot of only jeeps or atleast jeeps and gypsies that are not accident damaged so you can sell the ones you don't want. Don't worry about accident damaged as the description in the auction details clearly states if the vehicles are accident damaged so you can avoid that lot.

Once you win the bid you have to pay the full bid price and take delivery of the auction in about 30 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 660428)
Who do we see, where do we go to put in a bid like yours in Delhi?

hi Ken

you can checkout the site for deptt called "mstc" and the site is mstcindia.com

they hold most of auction on behalf of Army and othet govt deptts.

make an ID there and pay 10K and you will be able to bid on net itself.

they also send notifications for upcoming auctions

hope it helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 662062)
Hello all.

The nonsense has happened AGAIN!. I just found out today that the auction has been canceled. I am trying to get more details. It has annoyed me so much that I am considering legal action under the "Right To Information Act". The crazy thing is that they don't even give you a lame excuse. Just canceled with no reason. This is seriously frustrating.

Apologies to those of you who expressed interest in buying the jeeps.

On a separate note, I have finally received a response from Force Motors regarding the Gurkha 4x4 and have ordered one today. I will post the details of the pricing etc in the Gurkha thread that Samurai started.

Regarding the MM550s, I am going to hold off from bidding at Army auctions, until army starts to sell the NGCS MM550 XDB with the 5+1 gearbox. I think this comes with the NGT30 5 speed gearbox rather than the BA10. Anyway it's a few years before we will see 2004/2005 MM550 XDBs at the army auction. For now, I will wait for delivery of my Gurkha and enjoy it !!

Sorry to hear that. Contact the vigilence section of the MSTC. Mr Kumar is the vigilence chap in Delhi. You can email him on akumar@mstcindia.com cc manmohan@sansad.nic.in . It is funny when you cc the top man, spurs everyone into action (it does at Airtel).

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan3004 (Post 776590)
agree:. Servicing these at M&M dealers is also not a problem, as they have most of the parts available with them easily.

This jeep also gets its' problems fixed at the dealers.

Is it possible for us to buy those military spec Mm550.Where and how is it auctioned. Any information please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack33 (Post 776895)
Is it possible for us to buy those military spec Mm550.Where and how is it auctioned. Any information please?

Army does auction these used vehicles after the desired usage.
Nothing much is scavanged out of any vehicle. I mean any major part or assembly. Minor parts might or might not be missing before the auction.

Although, I am not an authority to quote on it, but the thing is that there is a strong nexus of the contractors who bid for a sizeable amount of the vehicles to be auctioned. They repair them and sell them in the market.

There has been a mention of such dealers in the forum. I feel that buying the vehicle from them would be of a less hassle than directly dealing with the Army.

Quote:

Is it possible for us to buy those military spec MM550.Where and how is it auctioned. Any information please?

From what I know dealers in Mayapuri, Delhi buy these jeeps from the Army. On another forum someone picked up a MM550 for 65k from one of these dealers. See link below for details...

Jeep Thrills India Forums » Post 779 » my new jeep

Quote:

They are auctioned after a specific period, which are normally long.

any even if they are auctioned, they are done in lots. which people like me and you cannot buy. Normally contractor bids for them, and you can negotiate later personally.

in north, Most of them are sold to Workshops in Mayapuri, delhi, don't know about down-south. A fully restored you can avail upward of 75k.
I think there was even an article about them in an auto mag, last year.

In gujarat also there is a place called Kanodhar, each and every shop is owned by expert muslim dudes! most of them are saudi/gulf return. even mahindra and tata representative have visited the place. As they have mastered in making copies of die-casts. they make 40 % cheaper 1612 truck/mahindra front ends.

You can get these under 50k and thats my guess though.

Here is what you need to do to register these vehicles.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP OF AUCTIONED VEHICLE

Application on Form 32.
Form 20

Registration Certificate in original.
Sale certificate (Form 21) issued by the Auctioning Deptt. in favor of the purchaser of the vehicle. OR The certificate or the order confirming the sale of the vehicle in his favor duly signed by the person authorized to conduct the auction.
The certified copy of the order of the Sate or Central Govt. authority auction of the vehicle.
Attested Photocopies of:-
Insurance
Pollution under Control Certificate
PAN Card, or, ‘Form 60’
Purchaser’s Address Proof.
For commercial vehicles in addition to above :
Permit surrender slip for S.T.A.
Challan clearance from Traffic Police & Enforcement branch of the Transport Deptt. are required.
Tax clearance report from Accounts.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP OF AUCTIONED VEHICLE

Usually the price for these ex-army vehicles is 'On-Road'.
The dealer does the registration for u.

nitrous,
i happen to know this dealer and then some more too
in mayapuri. the asking price for the army auction jeeps
never includes registration unless specifically told so.
these dealers charge anywhere between 15000 to 30000
for registering the vehicle, depending on how rich or poor
you look:). the jeeps are then usually registered in haryana,
punjab or uttar pradesh and take around a month.
cheers

^^Then,either the unregistered jeeps are pushed off for cheap prices or the buyers are just being given a 'topi'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 857847)
You are refering to "Phatankot", the Punjab city and railhead right across the border from Himachal Pradesh?

Yes he is.
Pathankot has a good army base.
So it would be cheaper there as well.
The only downside of which i have heard so far is that they sell (Auction) in a Lot on "As is Where is" Basis. The Lot may contain all good, all bad or a mix of both in any proportion and it directly affects the final auction price.

So you may end up buying "N" number of them.
In case 3-4 Tbhpians team up and a few more are also interested then it is worth making a trip.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 858533)
I have been there, Pathankot , maybe 4 times and have asked around and have yet to find any Army jeeps for sale except some real junkers. Do you have a contact point, a location you go to?

So Pathankot is just a myth when it comes to Army Jeeps ? No Dabwali type Jeep area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigman (Post 858583)
So Pathankot is just a myth when it comes to Army Jeeps ? No Dabwali type Jeep area.

Unless somebody has some firm information to the contrary that is my opinion. I have not found them. They are often bought up by insiders, I have been told, and they rarely make it to the public.

Dabwali, Moga, may be a better source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorheadinc (Post 858520)
Yes he is.
Pathankot has a good army base.
So it would be cheaper there as well.
The only downside of which i have heard so far is that they sell (Auction) in a Lot on "As is Where is" Basis. The Lot may contain all good, all bad or a mix of both in any proportion and it directly affects the final auction price.

So you may end up buying "N" number of them.
In case 3-4 Tbhpians team up and a few more are also interested then it is worth making a trip.

Cheers

Thats a good idea, am interested in a 550

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplythebest (Post 858541)
really interested in one of these... if someone is going, and willing to help me get one, pls let me know...

Am game too