Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2016, 07:31   #421

Re: 10 Dummies guide to Gurkha ~ 17000 kms done

Just booked a Gurkha. Can anyone help me with PDC to be done especially for gurkha? This particular vehicle was in stockyard sice aug2013. I got it cheaper as my uncle works for force.

Rhandle, very detailed write up. Can you please share your contact details over paragpatil2006@gmail? I would like to get in touch with you for diy's for my Gurkha.I hope you guys are still listening to this thread.
Old 18th July 2016, 08:34   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragp2006 View Post
Just booked a Gurkha. Can anyone help me with PDC to be done especially for gurkha? This particular vehicle was in stockyard sice aug2013. I got it cheaper as my uncle works for force.

Rhandle, very detailed write up. Can you please share your contact details over paragpatil2006@gmail? I would like to get in touch with you for diy's for my Gurkha.I hope you guys are still listening to this thread.
Congratulations. And if possible, please swap the tow mater front with the one from the older Gurkha.
Old 18th July 2016, 11:13   #423

Ha Ha Ha Tow-Mater.... Yes Planned for the same. Thanks.
Old 19th July 2016, 07:46   #424
BHPian

Quote:

My two cents, forget about pre delivery checks, Please insist on a complete repaint including the chassis, look out for rust spots and have them treated. Change all fluids and have the have your diesel tanks cleaned up before you do anything.
Old 19th July 2016, 11:11   #425

Complete repaint looks like out of option to me as I am already getting it in half the price. So I would get it as is. But as u have suggested I can surely get rust spots treated, fuel lines cleaned and all fluids changed.
But before anything of this would be done on my car, it will be droved down to Pune from MP almost 700-800 kms. So now I am little worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
My two cents, forget about pre delivery checks, Please insist on a complete repaint including the chassis, look out for rust spots and have them treated. Change all fluids and have the have your diesel tanks cleaned up before you do anything.
Complete repaint looks like out of option to me as I am already getting it in half the price. So I would get it as is. But as u have suggested I can surely get rust spots treated, fuel lines cleaned and all fluids changed.
But before anything of this would be done on my car, it will be drove down to Pune from MP almost 700-800 kms. So now I am little worried.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 24th July 2016 at 07:05.
Old 20th July 2016, 12:43   #426
Senior - BHPian

Honestly speaking, since you are convinced you are having a financially good deal, you need to make up your mind to cope with the possible adversities you might come across, post the purchase. Driving the new vehicle for a significant distance for delivery is probably an well established fact for the Gurkha as mentioned by the owners earlier. Maybe because of your acquaintance with Force, you might get a better support, but do check out about the availability of spares etc. at your place.
Old 21st July 2016, 02:22   #427
BHPian

Quote:
But before anything of this would be done on my car, it will be drove down to Pune from MP almost 700-800 kms. So now I am little worried.
PLEASE; explore options if you can get it on a flat bed, as a vehicle standing for over 3 years will have fluids already thickened up, not advisable to be driven for over 800 kms by a driver,

secondly 20K for a paintjob would be a good investment in the long run
Old 21st July 2016, 11:12   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
PLEASE; explore options if you can get it on a flat bed,
When I bought my Gurkha, I paid some 10K extra to have it send by Truck from Pune to Cochin.
Old 21st July 2016, 22:20   #429
Senior - BHPian

Just one question! Any more Gurkhas available at half the price? :-D
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 06:33   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Honestly speaking, since you are convinced you are having a financially good deal, you need to make up your mind to cope with the possible adversities you might come across, post the purchase. Driving the new vehicle for a significant distance for delivery is probably an well established fact for the Gurkha as mentioned by the owners earlier. Maybe because of your acquaintance with Force, you might get a better support, but do check out about the availability of spares etc. at your place.
Yes sure thing. I have already considered that next 1 year would be very troublesome and I have to sort out every issue on my own. So I am ready for that.

Quote:
PLEASE; explore options if you can get it on a flat bed, as a vehicle standing for over 3 years will have fluids already thickened up, not advisable to be driven for over 800 kms by a driver,

secondly 20K for a paintjob would be a good investment in the long run
From force I got assistance that they will first change entire fluids in MP iyself and then driver will drive down to Pune. I had asked about flat bed but they convinced me that if there are any problems with the car they would notice them in this run and they will work in it pre-delivery of the vehicle. So I am kind of ok with that.
Additionally I have been told that stockyard facility in MP is completely covered and vehicles stocked especially Gurkha's are individually covered as well as jacked up. They showed me photographs as well for stockyard facility with Gurkha's inside. Still do u think I need repaint ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
When I bought my Gurkha, I paid some 10K extra to have it send by Truck from Pune to Cochin.
Great. But I am convinced that in this run they can figure out problems if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Just one question! Any more Gurkhas available at half the price? :-D
Bro you would have asked me last week and I could have arranged atleast dragon green for you. As per recent update there is none in stock. All 25 of them bought by force staff itself. One belongs to me

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by SDP : 24th July 2016 at 06:50. Reason: Last warning. Merging 4th back to back post.
Old 24th July 2016, 07:08   #431

Below is the list of to Dos for PDI. In case I am missing anything please help me.
Rust on body
Rust on chassis
Complete fluid change - how to check this?
Gear lever and clutch hardness
Tyre pressure
Fuel-line clean up - it might cost me extra but I will be doing it. Is it recommended ?
ECU scan for fault codes
Suspension alignment
Straight line cruising ability
Braking and vehicle pulling to right or left

On first day itself after taking delivery this is what I would be doing :
1. Remove all childish 4x4x4 decals and Gurkha branding except one near windshield. Almost debagded vehicle. Sadly cannot get rid of force logo on front grill unless I change it.
2. Changing front grill and bumper: can anyone help me what would be the alternative factory fit ? Judo ? Or should I go aftermarket/ fabricated ? Where can I get this in Pune ? Cost is a major concern here as this is my second vehicle in last one month. I bought it just because I couldn't resist the offer. My wife told me to get existing grill repainted/wrapped to black and we will see how it goes. Don't waste too much on this as vehicle is anyways front ugly :(
3. Underbody rust coating

Things planned for next year of ownership:
1. Complete fluid change at first service : inquired and its just 4k.
2. Use vehicle as much as possible may be as daily driver till there's warranty for an year.
2. Keep sorting out popping problems under warranty.
3. Once I am convinced on reliability start spending on it in form of -

a. Tyre upgrade to 235/85/r16 may be maxxis bighorn ATs. Poona tyre house from viman Nagar can take care of these.
b. Decent music system
c. Front guards ,rock sliders, rear guards, roof carrier, windshield guard. - from force official accessories all of this will cost around 25k. Would it be worth or I should look for aftermarket. If aftermarket then where in Pune ?

As I had cleared earlier as well, right now budget is the major issue. Can someone help me with setting priorities so that it would be helpful to plan ahead?

Last edited by SDP : 24th July 2016 at 20:08. Reason: Multiple typos and grammar mistakes.
paragp2006 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 24th July 2016, 21:11   #432
BHPian

Bro you would have asked me last week and I could have arranged atleast dragon green for you. As per recent update there is none in stock. All 25 of them bought by force staff itself. One belongs to me

[/quote]

Might be worthwhile to explore if there are any for RE-sale for fellow T-BHP'ians,

as I am sure they would be appreciated much more here than there
Old 25th July 2016, 13:13   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Great. But I am convinced that in this run they can figure out problems if any.
Sure, like a seized engine .

BTW the chap who drives it has not got anything to do with Force Motors. It is contracted out. He will reach the depot at his destination and hand over the keys. He doesn't have a one-on-one with the Service advisor explaining the problems he encountered.

Anways, I think this the trip from Pune to wherever will be the last of your worries, once you get the vehicle. As the sales person said, it is the best off-road vehicle and all else can be forgotten and forgiven.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 06:11   #434

Just to update the current status of my Gurkha :
It's been 11 months and I am regularly using Gurkha on all sorts of roads. But being one of the 4 cars I have, let's say I take it out once or twice in a week. During this time I have covered 7000kms on oddo and absolutely no problems so far.
Recently services with tune-up plus in Baner , changed all fluids to better ones (synthetic), all filters and all rubber bushesh /mounts (as car being in stockyard for long time) and tuning rear leaf springs. Mr. Abhijeet lonkar personally looked into this and after the service Gurkha turned out to be way smoother than it was earlier.

After this service this Monday I had opportunity to drive this from Pune to dive agar and back again in same day. It was heavy rain and road was a mess. Thank God I did not took out any other car for the job. In the end it made me to think that because of Gurkha I was able to reach home on the same day.

So far I am very happy with the car and as long as I am associated with tune-up plus to getting my Gurkha services I think I don't have a reason to worry about.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 29th June 2017 at 07:56.
paragp2006 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed