Team-BHP - 10 Dummies guide to Gurkha ~ 17000 kms done
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   10 Dummies guide to Gurkha ~ 17000 kms done (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/54693-10-dummies-guide-gurkha-17000-kms-done-9.html)

Moral of the story - dont push him to bring the Khukri out, because it then HAS to draw blood!

Welcome back once again, Gurkha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1237383)
Moral of the story - dont push him to bring the Khukri out, because it then HAS to draw blood!

Welcome back once again, Gurkha!

Ayo Gurkhali..........lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhandle (Post 1237099)
I Had I let it crawl on 1st gear with Diff. Locks on I am sure It would have done. What I was advised to put it in 3rd and do "Pedal to Metal" and go up with momentum.

rhandle,
It is difficuilt to imagine the terrain sitting here, but i think you are right, you should have put that in first and let it crawl with diff locks on.

I saw this phenomenon yesterday in Palar otr. Sand was loose, virtually every 4x4 was struggling. I made it on sheer momentum some how, but later Arkas MM540 XD driven by his brother stalled midway. I thought he is stuck. But with slight throttle and first gear low he inched slowly. The LSD both in front and rear did their job. If LSD can do, diff locks can do it better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurkha (Post 1237357)
Human Gurkha doesn't need to be convinced, he knows what he has and has done enough off road in his lifetime to know what the priorities of an off road vehicle should be. He has owned and off roaded with several other vehicles of different pedigree including the JEEP to know whats it all about. Higher authorities with way more experience than Gurkha, Chennai trails and Gurgaon trails drivers have thoroughly tested the Gurkha against other vehicles to come to the same conclusion.

There are quite a few others including myself who have clocked many miles off-road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod_nookala (Post 1237491)
I saw this phenomenon yesterday in Palar otr. Sand was loose, virtually every 4x4 was struggling. I made it on sheer momentum some how, but later Arkas MM540 XD driven by his brother stalled midway. I thought he is stuck. But with slight throttle and first gear low he inched slowly. The LSD both in front and rear did their job. If LSD can do, diff locks can do it better!

Wow, I missed this..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurkha (Post 1237357)
The legendary G Wagen 460 and 461 diesels had 72bhp and 80bhp respectively from the OM616 and 617, every tests done against their competition who had better power, they outperformed them off road.

Gurkha UBER and AUS

Auf Wiedersehen

This is some news..

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1235721)
...I noticed is that the engine was constantly taking air after stalling, and required very long multiple self cycles to start again.

Air leak in the fuel system? Any idea what was wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhandle (Post 1237099)
Willys is lighter, If nothing, then moving slush would push them out.

Pardon me, but I didn't quite understand what you meant...

Quote:

talking about "Human Gurkha" understand that he has got 10 years, and more than 125, 000 kms under his belt on Gurkha.
10 years? His CV seems to indicate a lot more! :). If I've got 25 years and maybe 500,000 km of driving behind me, I'm sure Gurkha's got a lot more.
@ Gurkha, hi from someone whose soul still has Bengal written all over it; correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote:

Also I dented my roof - do not ask me how!
@ rhandle - this I'm afraid I'll really have to ask - how do you dent your own roof? Someone can drop something from above and dent it, but how do you dent it yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 1237984)
@ rhandle - this I'm afraid I'll really have to ask - how do you dent your own roof? Someone can drop something from above and dent it, but how do you dent it yourself?

I have to ask this too - thats a very unusual sort of damage!

Maybe the suspension is so harsh that rhandle hit his head on the roof while on a bad road?

Hitting one's head is not too tough, if one has the right SUB for the task)

You could also hit a protruding branch of a tree.
Yeah, Its happened to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod_nookala (Post 1237491)
rhandle,
It is difficuilt to imagine the terrain sitting here, but i think you are right, you should have put that in first and let it crawl with diff locks on.

I would be trying this on my third OTR. Hopefully I get through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1238232)
You could also hit a protruding branch of a tree.
Yeah, Its happened to me.

:Frustrati very true!

Also attaching a TD of Gurkha by an auto magzine!

rhandle,
I read this test drive atleast 100 times. I had this magazine, but lost it:Frustrati
I think Car India is the only magazine which features the price and technical features of Gurkha. Rest of the magazines dont even consider Force as a Personal segment vehicle maker. I remember seeing the quote there- Alternatives- None/ None /None!! I guess they have changed that to Mahindra Bolero now!!:D Plus they still put the price to be 524000 ex show room. This shows how well Force updates them on price regularly!!

I respect this vehicle, infact i like this a lot! Force is killing its own brilliant product by its age old business practices.

Also a comparision between Gurkha/Judo/Gypsy/Mahindra classic posted by Dinar is also over here : Hope this helps Deposit Files

Just back from my trip to Bhandavgarh.

Did nonstop from there to Ghaziababd a total distance of 958 kms. Have most of the good things and few bad things about the car. Since still tired from that "17 hrs" Journey, would fill this place soon.

And Yes we sighted Tiger in the park - my first time!

Just attaching a pic where I took the vehicle down from the bridge near the Son river - a small picnic, since we overslept and missed the morning Safari that day :(

10 Dummies guide to Gurkha ~ 17000 kms done-dsc00161.jpg

@rhandle - where is the report on your Bandhavgarh trip?

sir sorting out some issues with Gurkha...

Will set the report and pics tomorrow and issues as well, just got busy with work and it slipped out of my mind. Thanks for reminding.