Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:05   #31
BHPian

Thanks Arka,

I recently had the ball Joints and the shock ab. changed along with it I also got the Boots changed. Fortunately I managed to source the same make "555" and brand of ball Joints (upper and lower) and boots from Citi Motors Opera House. My mech checked and suggested to fit the MM Scorpio shock ab instead of going for a same make as both the size and type were same, would this make any difference?

The mech said that the problem is with the Axel and he is gonna open it and check for issues today. I will try and click pictures and post.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Prashanth,
Your SWB Pajero looks great! You have gone against the advise of many and listened to your heart. Iam glad you are happy with it and serving your purpose.

From videos of Alibagh OTR i could feel its ride quality and grip levels. Never left ground unnecessarily.
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Hi All,

I decided to update this thread after long as I am planning some major work on my Pajero and would like to share it phase wise with everyone so that you all can share your opinion and suggestions.

So far after buying this vehicle in June 2009, I have done some major repairs on it as and when needed. I have been maintaining a expense table which i am posting here for your reference.

The vehicle has performed beyond my expectations during the Sawarsi and Alibagh OTRs.

Sawarsi OTR Link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...r-sawarsi.html

Alibagh OTR Link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...r-ordered.html

The OTRs have increased my faith in this vehicle and hence I decided to get it as fit as possible for the next OTR.
The repairs/ modifications that I plan as of now are listed below.

1. Tire Change. (Size 31X10.50X15)

2. Front and Rear Bumper Fabrication.

3. Front Axel repair (if needed replacement. It makes a squeaking noise during turns).

4. A snorkel. (Have found a good fabricator at Goregaon, Mumbai, who makes silencers and is very famous in Mumbai).

I would continue to post more updates as and when things get started.
This car was lady driven without AC for the longest time in Bandra she was a very very dull red and the lady in question if I am right was some yesteryears model who was closely associated to a dealer under DRI scanner. I hope you got a good deal as the other pajero owner stated in 09 post she was really used and not worth much but for some sentimental value and of course the offroading you are now doing with her
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
This car was lady driven without AC for the longest time in Bandra she was a very very dull red and the lady in question if I am right was some yesteryears model who was closely associated to a dealer under DRI scanner. I hope you got a good deal as the other pajero owner stated in 09 post she was really used and not worth much but for some sentimental value and of course the offroading you are now doing with her
Thanks for the info. I am the 3rd owner as per the RC book. It was originally imported by Mr. Sham Ramanna, owner of Crest Communications. Then it was owned by a Parsi gentelman Mr. Pinto from Colaba since 1999. The car was lying unused in his Parking for about 4 years and the body had started rusting. The dealer from whom I bought it got the body work done and also got it painted. As you could see from my previous post I have done lot of work on this vehicle to get it fit for offroading and my comfort.

Gogipaji (V-16) had also mentioned in the Alibagh OTR Thread that the he used to see this vehicle at worli near Crest communication office, driven by a lady.

You are right about the vehicle being red in coulor. When I had first seen this vehicle at my garage where the delear was getting it restored. it was Red and Rusted but still I fell in love with her and as a bike add says, I didnt choose her, she chose me.

The Vehicle is in absolutly fantastic condition now. On normal Roads I have driven her at a Max Speed of 140Km/h (AC On). She has performed excellently everytime i have take her out for Offroading.
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arka,

The mech said that the problem is with the Axel and he is gonna open it and check for issues today. I will try and click pictures and post.
Has the work begun will drop by to check it out, msg me when your there on saturday
What about the Rubber what have you decided on MAxxis?
Old 24th April 2010, 09:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Has the work begun will drop by to check it out, msg me when your there on saturday
What about the Rubber what have you decided on MAxxis?
Will definatly call you today afternoon. Maxxix Trepador is what I have finalised but not getting the size 31X10.50X15 anywhere.
Old 24th April 2010, 11:49   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maxxix Trepador is what I have finalised but not getting the size 31X10.50X15 anywhere.
My dealer couldn't source it for you?
Old 24th April 2010, 12:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

I never knew they came in SWBs. Anyway, great performer! Congrats, Cloud Chaser.

Last edited by pgsagar : 24th April 2010 at 12:13.
Old 24th April 2010, 12:15   #39
BHPian

I had been to the garage to check the progress (David, will call u around 4PM when I would go again).

1. The squeeking noise during the turn was not with the Axel. It is due to a problem with the "Stopper bolt" (as the mech told me). The stopper bolt (as seen in picture 01 below) is brushing against the hmmmmm dont know what its called, during full turns, especially while taking a Right turn.

2. I had mentioned a braking issue to my mech and he has told be that the brake discs need to be polished. (Pic 2 and 3)

3. Noticed that the metal around a body bush has rusted badly, would get it repaired while fixiing the rear bumper which cracked during Alibagh OTR. (Pic 4 & 5). Have asked the fabricator to remove the bars and weld new ones and fabricate a completly new bumper.

Kindly let me know any special precautions or different approch to be taken during these repairs to ensure permanent fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar
I never knew they came in SWBs. Anyway, great performer! Congrats, Cloud Chaser.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas
My dealer couldn't source it for you?
The dealer suggested me to put Maxxix Bravo, but when I insisted on Trepadors he said he would check and call me. I would be going to Saifee Tyers Santacruz today to check.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-stopper-bolt0.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-stopper-bolt2.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-stopper-bolt3.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-stopper-bolt6.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-stopper-bolt7.jpg  

Last edited by Cloud_Chaser : 24th April 2010 at 12:24. Reason: Additional Comments
Old 24th April 2010, 12:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, is the steering stopper bolt OEM ? Generally, stopper bolts are plugged with a nylon cap on their head so that they do not make impressions on the Lower control arm during full lock conditions.

Spike
Old 24th April 2010, 17:16   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR
Gosh, is the steering stopper bolt OEM ? Generally, stopper bolts are plugged with a nylon cap on their head so that they do not make impressions on the Lower control arm during full lock conditions.
I am not sure if it is OEM. The noise had started after I got the front suspenssion work done so I dont know if the mech had replaced the OEM bolt with a local one for replacement during the work. He said he would try MM Scorpio bolts and check.

Just went to the garage to check the work. The brake discs had been polished.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-brakedisc.jpg  

Last edited by Cloud_Chaser : 24th April 2010 at 17:17.
Old 24th April 2010, 18:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

before using these please check the following:-
1. if the rotor runouts are as per specifications
2. amount of useful material still remaining in the drum and rotor.

Spike
Old 26th April 2010, 11:18   #43
BHPian

My PAJERO Specifications

During Alibagh OTR when I was not able to able to climb an obstacle Mr. Behram Dhabhar offered to drive my Pajero and sucessfully climed it with ease, he asked me a few technical questions about the vehicle which I was not sure about since I am not much of a techi person.

This weekend i decided to sit and gather all the possible relevent data of my vehicle so that not only it saves me the embaressment next time but make me equipped with the information to carry out repairs and plan modifications. I do not have the Workshop Manual or any other papers all I have is the RC Book. I have posted the data that i have gathered from various websites and forums for my vehicle below. Kindly have a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-pajero-specific.jpg  

Old 30th April 2010, 09:42   #44
BHPian

Yesterday the mech started working of the Rear bumper.

He had to cut the cross pipe to remove it. Here are some Pictures.

Kindly help me with details I should look while replacing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-bump000.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-bump001.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-bump002.jpg  

Old 30th April 2010, 09:47   #45
BHPian

hi cloud chaser , dont throw away the old cross member , if you cannot find a decent replacement it can be used to fabricate a new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks