Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 16:58   #76
BHPian

Thanks a ton Jeeva. They look kool.

I will get a similar one fabricated.
Old 17th October 2010, 17:15   #77
BHPian

As posted in a different thread expecting some expert help my combination switch for my vehicle was causing a major problem.

Initially there was some short-circuit with the Headlight switch so the Electrician installed 2 separate switches in the dashboard for City Light and Head Light.

Then there was some issue with the wiper switch, the Electrician had installed a separate switch for the wiper.

The individual switches did work but the overall setup was very disturbing and unreliable.

I was not able to source the original Combination switch. I had managed to get hold of a new Electrician who suggested that he can try and install a combination switch from an Echier Tempo and check if it works. The only options I had were,
1. Try the Echier Switch
2. Change the Steering Shaft to some compatible Indian vehicle and change the switch.

Then I revisited the thread again and I remembered CITI MOTORS with whom I had check at the time of buying of this vehicle about availability of parts. I took the switch and went to Opera House and they had it ready [9.5K].

Now the Electrician would replace the old wiring and completely redo the wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-pa150204_.jpg  

Old 7th April 2011, 16:29   #78
BHPian

re: Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV

Havent been able to update the thread since long.

My Pajero is doing well but needs some urgent attention on Body work. The flooring has rusted badly. I am planning a full body repair, looking for some decent workshop in Mumbai who can do a good quality job and can do it quick.

I am also thinking of converting the Pajero into a Topless Model. Need expert advice and opinion.

I have attached a few pics for reference here for how the topless model will look.

Copyrights: Mitsubishi Forums
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-dsc08908_175.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-dsc08904_398.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-dsc_0892_146.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-mitsubishipajeroswbsofttop87.jpg  

Cloud_Chaser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 16:52   #79
BHPian

Hi Cloud Chaser

Any update on your SWB pajero?

It's been a long time man

Regards

W_C
Old 13th September 2016, 23:05   #80
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this immaculate Pajero SWB at Ballard estate, Mumbai the other day.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-img_4035.jpg  

//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 15:15   #81

Project Pajero SWB

Greetings all!
intoductory
I have spent nearly 8 years now with mitsubishi pajero. Started with a 2008 glx 2.8 (bought used in 2012). Spent a couple of years with a brand new pajero sport. Then, in 2018 found and bought a well-maintained Pajero SWB 2.8 1997Japan import (three door, see pics). Been an absolute delight with her since then. Took her to the remotest Himalayas have to offer.
Why the thread
The SWB presently is using stock suspension and Yokohama Go15 tyres with about 10k kms left on them. Planning an upgrade to Bfgoodrich (275/65r17), ironman/OME suspension, probably a snorkel and an extra couple of front lights.
where help needed
Need expert advice on weather the suspension required would be different different from a regular sfx. Plus review on any who have used the bfgoodriches. Advice on which snorkel and lights and where to source them would be much appreciated.

P. S. I am based in Chd. The SWB paj is used for overland adventures 90% and 10% city strolls. I drive a VW jetta for on road driving purposes. Cheers!
TIA, WIA!
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-20201021_104403.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-20200518_134722.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-img_20200515_203058_041.jpg  

Scout is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:11   #82

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Saw this immaculate Pajero SWB at Ballard estate, Mumbai the other day.
I am looking for the same rain visors for my Paj SWB
They look stunning!
Old 5th March 2021, 08:09   #83
BHPian

Re: Project Pajero SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Greetings all!
intoductory
I have spent nearly 8 years now with mitsubishi pajero. Started with a 2008 glx 2.8 (bought used in 2012). Spent a couple of years with a brand new pajero sport. Then, in 2018 found and bought a well-maintained Pajero SWB 2.8 1997Japan import (three door, see pics). Been an absolute delight with her since then. Took her to the remotest Himalayas have to offer.
Why the thread
The SWB presently is using stock suspension and Yokohama Go15 tyres with about 10k kms left on them. Planning an upgrade to Bfgoodrich (275/65r17), ironman/OME suspension, probably a snorkel and an extra couple of front lights.
where help needed
Need expert advice on weather the suspension required would be different different from a regular sfx. Plus review on any who have used the bfgoodriches. Advice on which snorkel and lights and where to source them would be much appreciated.

P. S. I am based in Chd. The SWB paj is used for overland adventures 90% and 10% city strolls. I drive a VW jetta for on road driving purposes. Cheers!
TIA, WIA!
Both 2.5 and 2.8 came on this body trim ? I thought only the wider body and headlight changed version came with 2.8. Is it manuel or auto? I too own one swb but it's 2.5 with auto box.

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-fb_img_1603623964904.jpg
sreejeshmp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:10   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Both 2.5 and 2.8 came on this body trim ? I thought only the wider body and headlight changed version came with 2.8. Is it manuel or auto? I too own one swb but it's 2.5 with auto box.
The 2nd generation pajero SWBs started production in 1991. The initial engines were 2.5L turbocharged diesel and 3.0L V6 petrol. In the later years of he same 2nd generation (1995ish I guess), they also added to the lineup 2.8L turbocharged diesel and 3.5L V6 petrol.
Manual and AT were options in both fuel variants.
Mine is a 2.8L manual, a limited edition sold only in Japan. The engine is largely similar to the indian Glx/Sfx.

@sreejeshmp, that's a beautiful bull bar. Any idea where I can source one from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Also, do share pictures from under the hood, if possible. I am very keen to see what the 2.5 looks like.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th March 2021 at 17:55. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote replies instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Scout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 08:10   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Thanks Akshay & Sunny

@Amrik - Do u have any pics of the Galloper?
With 15' Rim Size the Pajero does very well I am waiting to get going with the new set of tyers
Do I have to apologize for replying to this, just a little over decade later ?

Suddenly this thread pops out and I am taken back to memory lane.

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-011.jpg

With Stock Boots - 15 inch Rim

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-012.jpg

Tyres with 16 inch Rims

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-013.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-014.jpg

I sincerely wish your Mitsubishi is rolling on
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 16:28   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Do I have to apologize for replying to this, just a little over decade later ?

Suddenly this thread pops out and I am taken back to memory lane.

She is a beauty. Do you still have her, @Amrik Singh?
Old 7th March 2021, 17:31   #87
BHPian

Quote:
She is a beauty. Do you still have her, @Amrik Singh?
That was almost 15 years ago when I was in Dubai driven by my Wife. It was replaced by Toyota RAV4 while I had Nissan Pathfinder
Old 7th March 2021, 19:42   #88
BHPian

More about me and my 4X4 journey is in another thread here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...rs-decade.html (My Automotive Life in Dubai - Memoirs of a Decade)
Old 12th April 2021, 18:53   #89

Got new boots today. Still need urgent suggestions on lights and snorkel.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV-smartselect_20210412185148_gallery.jpg  

Old 12th April 2021, 20:04   #90
BHPian

Re: Project Pajero SWB

Quote:
Greetings all!
intoductory
Why the thread
where help needed

TIA, WIA!
Welcome to the forum mate, why don’t you share your touring/over-landing experiences with the SWB Pajero through the Travelogue section. The way you have mentioned in the post, I am pretty sure there would be a lots of interesting information to share on your experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks