Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:26   #46
Team-BHP Support

Feeling nostalgic.. have been to this place quite a few times. Uday Sir is an amazing personality.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Its an honor to read about the master. He is a true jeep lover with a down to earth attitude. There are pages written on him here and many places yet I wish to mention something that made me realise he truly wants to get the 4x4 crowd going.

I recollect having sent him a message once as I did not want to just call and be abrupt. He called me back immediately and was very patient and explained in detail about how I need to go about things. Not once in the whole conversation did he sound annoyed and without even me asking, he offered to arrange the original set of mirrors for my CJ340. This was such a great gesture by him.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:59   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I had the opportunity to meet him sometime in August this year. I had gone to Kolkata for work. He is a gem of a person, a thorough gentleman. He has over a 100 Jeeps. I told him of my desire to one day own a true blue CJ3B left hand drive Jeep. He pointed to a blue vehicle (I think it was the same with the horns in front) and just told me to take it. I was truly amazed by his answer. I wish him all success in pursuing his passion.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2009, 22:46   #49

all this praise of mister u.b.s.is nothing to what he is really.i had a talk with him about jeeps when i joined team bhp and yahoo group jeepthrills in2006.after that i lost contact with him due to my illness.i am a renal failure patient. but when i contacted him again this deewali,he still remembered me.in the meantime he had also made enquiries regarding me to trammway afellow bhpian who is settled in chennai from my native.i am a nonentity and a stranger to him.but still he remembered me after so long.he is a man to be treasured in this selfish world.because of him now i have a good friend trammway aka shiva.he is the next best person i had seen after my father.
Old 27th November 2009, 09:07   #50
BHPian

Guys,

Last year, sometimes in Sept-Oct, Autocar (if I am not mistaken) had carried a story on UBS that got me hooked to Jeeps & restorations. It was that story only which had mention of Jeep Thrills where I registered, NIOC & TBHP followed! Couple of OTRs with NIOC, and rest is history!

Today, I have already restored a Gypsy, have amazing friends, and in touch with UBS himself! Cheers!!

ashish
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

I met 'THE GURU' in person today. He is in our city. Look who's the lucky one.
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:56   #52
BHPian

Hello everyone i am new to team-bhp but was following this 4x4 section for quite a long time. I proudly boast off tat i had a little chat of nearly an hour in yahoo with the legend named Uday bhan singh sir. He was very friendly with me even though i am only half od his age. I admire your passion and your kind nature of helping people. i have no words in praise of you sir,i wish to meet him in person to thank him for the time he spent with me.
Old 26th January 2010, 22:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

now lotsa people did meet mr UBS at the OTR in b'lore http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post1700978
request all members who met him to post excerpts of their conversation.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:03   #54
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Finally after knowing him for the past 3 years or more, I visited Mr.UBS house the Mecca of Jeepers. The visit was part of my North East summer vacation with family hence the details are posted in my travelogue here in TBHP.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1835237-post9.html

Thanks to UBS and his family members for the wonderful hospitality.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Jeeps to the rescue...

Though a curt mention, while I was over there when the 1st meeting with the article writer (/bird lover/Kol citizen) took place, the whole day was exciting for me and sirji. To know how jeeps and winches - mechanically helped in pulling out the filth felt so exciting for sirji. The 1st day I think only 8181 (one of the jeeps) took part, later in coming days - upto 3 took part and helped the group of samaritans in fulfilling the lake's destiny.

The 1st trip by the JEEP was done on the weekend after diwali, the whole of next week saw many more trips to winch out the hyacinth (roped in bunches)

Uday Bhan Singh - Restoration Driver 4x4.-copy-when_citizens.jpg

When_citizens_take_up_clean-up_act_to_save_nature.doc
svsantosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 22:23   #56
BHPian

Re: Uday Bhan Singh - Restoration Driver 4x4.

My Experience with UBS sir and visit to Jeep Station.

For me UBS is my Jeep Guru like many others here. But we also shared a very special relationship beyond Jeeps, which was started way back in 2006-07.
I have heard a lot about him and read about him before meeting or getting connected with him. And how we met was through a email and that's was the beginning. He was very patient in answering all my emails and queries some of them dumb questions. But he always answered everything with a smiling face or happy tone.

Ever since I know him, we have been talking on phone and exchanging mails and chatting on yahoo and gtalk.

And I dont know how many hours we have spoken on phone about Jeeps and Jeep Restorations.

Being abroad I had to always limit my calls due to expensive ISD call charges. But whenever I am in India things were different. Every call to UBS sir lasted till my phone batterry dies or his phone battery dies which means 2 to 3 hours of non stop conversation and that too only about Jeeps.

I wanted to meet him from the very first day I started talking to him.But it never happened due to various reasons until 2010. Everytime we talk on phone, the call used to end with one question. Shibu, When are you coming home? And I used to reply. I will be coming soon, Sir.

Finally in May 2010, I decided to visit him in June 2010. So I flew in to Calcutta. UBS sir came to the Airport to pick me up and I stayed with him for 5 days learning more about Jeeps Jeeps and only Jeeps. It was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life.

I have clicked lots of pics. Posting just one of them. Me and UBS sir test driving one of the Jeep build by him.

Uday Bhan Singh - Restoration Driver 4x4.-me-ubs.jpg

During that visit we went to Siliguri from Calcutta to pick up my LR Defender 90 and UBS sir was the first one to Test Drive the Vehicle and give me a Go Ahead!

Thank you UBS sir. I owe you a lot. You are a true Jeeper and a Wonderful Humanbeing. I hope & pray your tribe grows.
JeepCaptain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 10:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
You are a true Jeeper and a Wonderful Humanbeing. I hope & pray your tribe grows.
Shibu,

I have not been fortunate like you but had the pleasure of a tale-con with him once, when you two were together.

UBS Sir, is a very rare personality with an immense knowledge and experience with Jeeps, builds and restorations, a living encyclopedia, most helpful and most important...accessible.

Hope to meet him someday, until then I continue to admire this giant of a man.

p.s. That is a beauty in motion in your pic.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 5th December 2011 at 10:37.
fazalaliadil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 11:42   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shibu,

I have not been fortunate like you but had the pleasure of a tale-con with him once, when you two were together.

UBS Sir, is a very rare personality with an immense knowledge and experience with Jeeps, builds and restorations, a living encyclopedia, most helpful and most important...accessible.

Hope to meet him someday, until then I continue to admire this giant of a man.

p.s. That is a beauty in motion in your pic.
Regards,
Dear Fazalsir, Yes, I remember calling you and introducing you to UBS sir when I was with him.
Cheers.
Old 14th October 2015, 16:24   #59
BHPian

I have a 1965 Jeep Cj3B. Entirely original vehicle with Hurricane engine, 4x4, LHD, that I have been restoring for some time.

Very inspiring to read this thread on UBS, by all accounts a Jeep legend. Is there any way I can reach him for advise and parts? My project is reaching a critical stage and I need expert help. Any support from UBS, would no doubt be priceless...

Please do let me know how I can reach the man. Phone? Email? If any of you can facilitate contact, I would be most grateful.

Thanks.
Old 14th October 2015, 19:13   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil001 View Post
I have a 1965 Jeep Cj3B. Entirely original vehicle with Hurricane engine, 4x4, LHD, that I have been restoring for some time.

Very inspiring to read this thread on UBS, by all accounts a Jeep legend. Is there any way I can reach him for advise and parts? My project is reaching a critical stage and I need expert help. Any support from UBS, would no doubt be priceless...

Please do let me know how I can reach the man. Phone? Email? If any of you can facilitate contact, I would be most grateful.

Thanks.
Hi Phil001, just spoke to UBS Sir and he gave the permission to post his number on the forum. Here it is - 9432362863. He is available on whatsapp as well on this number in case you need to exchange pics/images. Please feel free to contact him.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed