Team-BHP - One more MM 550 XD !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   One more MM 550 XD !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/56748-one-more-mm-550-xd-8.html)

To share what little bit info i got from the forum so far, you should select the tyres based on your estimated on & off-road usage. On the next level you can even go for classifying the type of off-road terrain you want to use mostly (sand/rock/mud etc..). If this vehicle is going to have considerable on-road and less OTR usage, then definitely you should go for good A/T tyres among brands like BFGoodrich, Michelin, Yokohama, Goodyear wrangler. For OTR specific usage you can choose from Sandgrip, Maxxis mud terrain tyres etc. Go through the offroad rims/tyres thread and you will have more or less all the information.
-regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 1449214)
I haven't heard of this tyre, but it doesn't sound like an AT tire. For your ORV (Off-Road Vehicle), I guess you should be looking at AT tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandisa (Post 1449309)
To share what little bit info i got from the forum so far, you should select the tyres based on your estimated on & off-road usage. On the next level you can even go for classifying the type of off-road terrain you want to use mostly (sand/rock/mud etc..). If this vehicle is going to have considerable on-road and less OTR usage, then definitely you should go for good A/T tyres among brands like BFGoodrich, Michelin, Yokohama, Goodyear wrangler. For OTR specific usage you can choose from Sandgrip, Maxxis mud terrain tyres etc. Go through the offroad rims/tyres thread and you will have more or less all the information.
-regards,

Thanks guys for the update. Yes I am looking for A/T tyre as the jeep will mostly be used for onroad purpose and occasional OTRs. Yesterday I visited another dealer of Bridgestone. He also refered to only two tyres for the 16" army rim. One is the Goodyear Sand and Highway and the other D-sport 205/80/R16 A/T (same as the previous dealers). The other tyres are coming at 235 and above sizes. Options seem to be not much in Calcutta.

I want to stay between 205 and 215, dont want to make the steering unneccessarily tight. All the dealers commonly mentioned that D-sport is a good one for Rs.4200/- (Tyre+Tube). Has anybody used this tyre?Reviews please.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded (Post 1450188)
Thanks guys for the update. Yes I am looking for A/T tyre as the jeep will mostly be used for onroad purpose and occasional OTRs. Yesterday I visited another dealer of Bridgestone. He also refered to only two tyres for the 16" army rim. One is the Goodyear Sand and Highway and the other D-sport 205/80/R16 A/T (same as the previous dealers). The other tyres are coming at 235 and above sizes. Options seem to be not much in Calcutta.

I want to stay between 205 and 215, dont want to make the steering unneccessarily tight. All the dealers commonly mentioned that D-sport is a good one for Rs.4200/- (Tyre+Tube). Has anybody used this tyre?Reviews please.

Regards

Hello all, Any updates about the D-sport tyre? Waiting for your suggestions guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded (Post 1465336)
Hello all, Any updates about the D-sport tyre? Waiting for your suggestions guys.

I could only find that it is Bridgestone tyre only. Is that So?

Tarkesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 (Post 1466648)
I could only find that it is Bridgestone tyre only. Is that So?

Tarkesh

Hi Tarkesh,

Even I got the same result in google however the dealer confirmed they have Goodyear.
Meanwhile the jeep has been applied with surfacer. Will visit the paintshop today.

Regards...Saikat

Hello all,

The work did not proceed any further after Surfacer was applied due to the Low pressure since last week.

After plugging in the battery we charged the engine. The Silencer was losely held with the engine exaust outlet.There was a gap of almost an inch. Both the bolts connecting them had black carbon deposits. It means it was like that for long/sometime..something really strange to get unnoticed. Got a set of silencer packing.

Meanwhile Uday Sir helped me source one Rim+Old tyre for 3500/- and a set of free wheeling hub for 1500/-. I was unable to find one front blackout light which he gifted me sometime back. The front net/grill have got holes. Trying to get a fresh one soon.

Will upload the pics soon.

Regards

Hi,

During your next visit to the workshop, is it possible to get me the exact width of the body tub of your 550 from rear side. I mean from outside body of left mud guard to outside body of right mud guard.

thanks
Sali

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salikt (Post 1473992)
Hi,

During your next visit to the workshop, is it possible to get me the exact width of the body tub of your 550 from rear side. I mean from outside body of left mud guard to outside body of right mud guard.

thanks
Sali

I just called up the workshop and asked Mrityunda about it. First he said the standard width is 59.5" without measuring it. Then he measured, this time it showed 59.25". Hope that answers it:).

Regards...Saikat

The underbody was painted day before yesterday in a service station. befor that it was cleaned with the high power gun. It was a very well done job. The body was coated with surfacer earlier and the same will be applied one more time. The first coat of paint will be done by today or monday. After that the workshop wont do any job till 17th due to Vishwakarma puja. Meanwhile the pics so far...

2K Priemer was being applied last week
One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0041.jpg

That is Mrityunda- Owner of the workshop
One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0051.jpg

The 2K surfacer applied
One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0071.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0092.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0111.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0122.jpg
The Underbody coat was pretty thick. I could actually see my face on it.
One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0432.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0442.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0451.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0461.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0471.jpg

Earlier I was talking about the silencer packing missing. this is exactly how it was.
One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0181.jpg

Just note the black soot on the bolts..does that mean that it was open eversince we bought the jeep or is it possible to have happened lateron after I brought the jeep to the workshop?
One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0191.jpg
One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-0142.jpg

Your JEEP is turning out excellently, especially the body work.What will be the colour? And what is the meaning of the name "mrityunda" ? Sounds somewhat sinister!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded (Post 1478161)
I just called up the workshop and asked Mrityunda about it. First he said the standard width is 59.5" without measuring it. Then he measured, this time it showed 59.25". Hope that answers it:).

Regards...Saikat

Hi Saikat,

Thanks a lot for that info :)

Salikt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley Nair (Post 1479111)
Your JEEP is turning out excellently, especially the body work.What will be the colour? And what is the meaning of the name "mrityunda" ? Sounds somewhat sinister!

Thanks Ashley. I really dont know what "Mrityun" means but I only know that he charges pretty high and has taken a lot of time to build our jeep. The only point of working with him is his job is flawless.

Meanwhile the body was painted with two coats of paint and the external fittings were done. The few more final coats might be applied by this weekend.

Regards...Saikat

Hello all. The pinting job was complete last week. The only jobs left are wiring, seats & soft top, setting up the locks and similar stuffs. Wanted to get them done before the Durga Puja but couldnt as everybody went back to their home due to the puja.

Meanwhile I have a question. I want to use the new Maruti Gypsy clear lens headlights in my jeep. Can anybody tell me if they are a straight fit in jeep? Kindly suggest.

Regards...Saikat

Got some photos to share after the final coat of paint was done. The polish very good. Unfortunately the actual shine of the colour could not be captured in the camera as it was inside the garage.

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-006.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-026.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-027.jpg

I always liked this Army RIM in white. It gives a complete sporty look. This was one of the reasons to have the jeep painted in white. This stepny Rim was available for just Rs.1500 without tyre.

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-032.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-033.jpg

The bumper and other stuffs were painted in black

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-035.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-036.jpg

The finishing touches are amost nearing completion.

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-043.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-044.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-045.jpg

The Engine mountings were replaced.

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-046.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-050.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-052.jpg

We did not fit any lights on the rear bumper as they are prone to break. Just fitted the reflectors. Dont look bad it seems..what say?

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-053.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-054.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-055.jpg

One more MM 550 XD !!-picture-056.jpg