Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 13:32   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Shibu thanx a lot for the advise.

i think i will start with the Gypsy and then a year or two later restore an ex army MM550.

What you say?

anyway everything sorted out with your wrangler? let me know if you need discount on jeep parts from TE!

Parm
Hi Parm,
First of all congrats on your 1000th post in Teambhp.

Yes thats the way should do about it. Start with a Gypsy and then go for a 550.
Well Wrangler is still not sorted out, I got it back from TE but in two days the crank shaft rear oil seal popped and oil was leaking badly. Took it back to TE, got it fixed and again its leaking.
I need to take it back today.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:23   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Guys ,now adding more to the confusion..

Out of gypsy and MM/Jeeps ,which will be comfortable for 6ft people like me?

what about engine spares for Jeeps/MM550s ,are they available like amby ?
Hey friends ,you people decided not to give me any advice?

i had sent PM to some people too but no body reverted to my queries.
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys ,now adding more to the confusion..

Out of gypsy and MM/Jeeps ,which will be comfortable for 6ft people like me?

what about engine spares for Jeeps/MM550s ,are they available like amby ?
Both gypsy and MM jeeps are comfortable for 6 footers! im 6"2 and i have driven both the vehicles and i didnt encounter any problems!

YES the spares for MM vehicle are available in Genuine and Fake types and are available like AMBY/FIAT and MARUTI!
Old 6th September 2009, 22:15   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Both gypsy and MM jeeps are comfortable for 6 footers! im 6"2 and i have driven both the vehicles and i didnt encounter any problems!

YES the spares for MM vehicle are available in Genuine and Fake types and are available like AMBY/FIAT and MARUTI!
thanks man.

I had major problem with indica which is suppose to be a spacious car (the seat movement was limited in 2004+ V2's)

So i shifted to Swift which is more comfortable.

I am in a confusion as to which one should i settle for, my heart says gypsy but DEMONs are saying MM due to its off road capability
Old 7th September 2009, 03:25   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks man.
I am in a confusion as to which one should i settle for, my heart says gypsy but DEMONs are saying MM due to its off road capability
you are welcome.

i m going through the same dilema, Gypsy or MM Jeep.

i chased one MM550 owner for 6 months for his jeep, but he took that much time to decline the sale.

now im chasing Gypsy owners!
Old 8th September 2009, 16:26   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
sorry for hijacking this thread..
I've no knowledge on 4x4,can any one tell me the model name of this jeep.I really fell in love with the front grill with 9 stripes & small head lamps..

Dont know if you found out but i think its a Ford
Old 12th November 2009, 07:51   #97
BHPian

Quote:
you are welcome.

i m going through the same dilema, Gypsy hor MM Jeep.

i chased one MM550 owner for 6 months for his jeep, but he took that much time to decline the sale.

Hello Parm,

Thanks for this thread, I was having the same confusion and decided to spend a hour on your thread , problem seems to be sorted out for me. Thanks to Mr. Khan Sultan and Mr. JeepCaptain, it is going to be 2 Gypsy's followed by a MM550, sometime before I get too old. The thing that did the trick for me is time spent on garage vis on the wild thingy, I have nothing against both the vehicles, but a simple check of hours available to me on a daily basis (a quick look at my daily organiser) vis-a-vis time ideally required to play around with a MM and heart had to grudingly admit mind is right, I would like to spend every possible second on the wild and not under the hood. So it is MASS way for me, and in Bangalore I can vouch from experience the MASS Mr. Khan Sultan uses is rock solid. The other thing you might want to consider is to enjoy a Gypsy before Gas crosses 100 bucks a pop in India , Diesel can wait.. Can't it till then !!

OT: I spoke with our family mechanic back in Bangalore and the jolly old fellow came up with a nice explanation. I sincerely hope it does not offend anyone, that is not the intention. He said Jeep's are like bidi's very sentimental you need to keep kissing them (read take them to garages) to keep them happy. whereas Gypsy's are like Cig's without filters light it forget it,gives equal drag pleassure at par with bidi's with you neglecting it occassionally and the SUV's in India are like King size smokes, all drag no kick . Never heard the situation put this way.

Cheers !!
Deep

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th November 2009 at 14:30. Reason: only 2 smiles per post please
Old 12th November 2009, 12:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you are welcome.

i m going through the same dilema, Gypsy or MM Jeep.

Parm, You are still in dilemma on gypsy or jeep even after discussing for nearly six months. Jaldi dicide karo bhai. Nahin to gaadi chut jayegi.

IMHO, go for gypsy which ever model it is to start with and enjoy the highway as well as offroading. Then you can think of jeep for serious stuff.

Jaldi karo. Hum aapke 4 WD dekhna hain.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

i was in india for 10 days after diwali as i had come for some training scheduled with some car dealers in north india. i had time to look at few gyspies which were standing with used car dealers in NCR.

none was MG413W MPFI, so i left the search for my next trip in 1st quarter of 2010.

also Raj of performance auto was not in noida as i had intended to meet him to ask him for few owners of gypsies selling them!

anyway the decision has been made to buy a MG413W MPFI atleast 2-3 years old.

search has been spread to Punjab (where my father in law is looking for one)!
Old 12th November 2009, 18:20   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Parm:

This a vehicle that you can keep for a long time. Why don't you bite the bullet and spring for a new one. It should be ready when you are back on your next vacation.
Old 12th November 2009, 21:54   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Parm:

This a vehicle that you can keep for a long time. Why don't you bite the bullet and spring for a new one. It should be ready when you are back on your next vacation.
I thought of picking up a brand new gyspy, but my problem is that i dont work in india and hence i have no earnings in india and no tax returns!

in short im not earning in india so i cant buy a vehicle on EMIs unless i buy it outright by paying the full amount upfront!

that comes to around 6lakhs! i have gone through Gift a Car in India | Gift Maruti Car Online | Buy Maruti Car India | Buy Maruti Car Online | Shop For a Car Online | Car Shopping Online and tried to buy it through them, but they dont offer the gypsy though the website!

so releasing 6lakhs in one go is kinda difficult for me at the moment!

anyway i will try to find an easier way to get hold of a gypsy, new or old!
Old 13th November 2009, 05:26   #102
BHPian

Quote:
search has been spread to Punjab (where my father in law is looking for one)!
Hi Parm,
I came across a gypsy that was 2008 model only 5-10K driven(asking 4L +) in month of sept when i was in india. It was in a village close to ludhiana, don't exactly know if it is sold now.
I think in punjab, you can find a decent decent if you have plans to spend more than 2.5L. Keep us updated with your gypsy hunt.

Amar

Last edited by Amar82 : 13th November 2009 at 05:27.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:19   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedeep View Post
OT: I spoke with our family mechanic back in Bangalore and the jolly old fellow came up with a nice explanation. I sincerely hope it does not offend anyone, that is not the intention. He said Jeep's are like bidi's very sentimental you need to keep kissing them (read take them to garages) to keep them happy. whereas Gypsy's are like Cig's without filters light it forget it,gives equal drag pleassure at par with bidi's with you neglecting it occassionally and the SUV's in India are like King size smokes, all drag no kick . Never heard the situation put this way.
Guess this is a nice way of putting it
Old 13th November 2009, 10:28   #104
BHPian

But what about Living with either jeep or a Gypsy as a primary vehicle?
Can they be used as a daily drive?
Old 13th November 2009, 10:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Hi Parm,
I came across a gypsy that was 2008 model only 5-10K driven(asking 4L +) in month of sept when i was in india. It was in a village close to ludhiana, don't exactly know if it is sold now.
I think in punjab, you can find a decent decent if you have plans to spend more than 2.5L. Keep us updated with your gypsy hunt.

Amar
the maximum i can stretch my budget is 2.5-3 lakhs for a used MG413 MPFI with a decent condition and low mileage on the odomoeter!

yes, thats what my father in law told me, i can find a decent gypsy in punjab at a lower price.

will keep hunting like a gypsy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks