Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 13:34   #106
BHPian

Krishna,

Looking good, dude looking really goooood! Hang in there mate the "phinishing" always takess the longest but needs to be properly done else all the hard work will go down the drain.
Old 17th June 2009, 13:50   #107
BHPian

Yes Rahul. That is what i thought all these day. But things will look better and good if he works more on my gypsy, here the problem is he hardly works on this. I feel just to ask more money he delays the work.
Old 18th June 2009, 21:19   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Nice! You are using Dupont paint then why rubbing and polish? I thought clear coat was the standard process for Duponts?
am in mysore today. I took 2 days leave as the final fitting work is going on. I asked the painter about the rubbing thing. He told "rubbing is not mandatory for duponts, but here we do rubbing and polishing as it gives more shining and smooth finish" he has already finished rubbing. Tomorrow electrical fittings will start. All required things have been procured. Pics will be uploaded shortly.
Old 18th June 2009, 21:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked the painter about the rubbing thing. He told "rubbing is not mandatory for duponts, but here we do rubbing and polishing...
Yes its not needed but people are set in their ways and carry on doing it as that is the way they have been taught. No one wants orange peel effect so they carry on with the polishing.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:07   #110
BHPian

Krishna,
Post some pics , if you are supervising the final touches.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:16   #111
Senior - BHPian

Krishnatantri,

Gypsy is coming up great. When is it rolling out of garage
Old 19th June 2009, 17:30   #112
Senior - BHPian

Good choice of color,but be careful Red tends fade very fast than any other color.
try to keep away from direct sunlight.
Old 19th June 2009, 17:57   #113
D-Man

@Ramsagar its oxidation basically. That can be removed with right polishing. It looks faded but can be easily restored more so than any other colour.

Old 20th June 2009, 09:51   #114
BHPian

Pics
Pics
Pics

Am sure all members agree with me here - we want pics of work done !!!

Cheers
GB
Old 20th June 2009, 16:31   #115
Senior - BHPian

as the chinese say..

.."a picture is worth more then thousand words"!
Old 22nd June 2009, 10:46   #116
BHPian

Rebuild project nearing completion

Sorry guys I have no pic's this time. I forgot to take my camera from Bangalore as I was in a hurry to reach Mysore. Last minute my leave got approved, so literally went running to Mysore.

Soon after I reached Mysore, I went directly to the tinker shop and prepared a huge list of things to buy. I bought side indicator/tail lamp/ Front indicator lens, beadings for all 4 wheel arch, Hella flat head light doom, Philips 90/100 Watt bulbs, Two PNP cut outer for Rally 3000 and comet 450’s, corner pieces of both front and rear bumper’s. I got the battery Charged and also bought many nuts and bolts.

I asked the electrician to redo the entire wiring as there were many joints and unused wires hanging every where. I also asked the Electrician to retain the master key lock.

As of now top frame, front glass, wheel arch, Front bumper, rear bumper is fitted. The front grill mesh is also painted black and fitted. I thought of buying a new mesh but could not find the plastic coated one’s which I have right now. So I got it painted dull black color. The “Hosahalli estate” sticker is removed.

The tinker Farook fitted the Air filter, battery, Radiator and poured water in the radiator, we checked for break fluid, it was almost empty. It also had to be filled.

Since 92 days my gypsy had not seen a drop of petrol. Electrician confirmed that the wiring part to start the gypsy was over. So we took 5 liter petrol from a near by petrol bunk. The hungry beast took every drop of petrol. First thing we did was to check if petrol has reachind the tank or not.
I was curious to see her starting after 90 days. First self, she didn’t start. Electrician checked if the petrol pump is working or not. It was working alright.
Second self, she started...Wroom Wroooooom. Every body near by looked at me, they saw a huge smile in my face. It was one of my happiest moments. The only thing in my mind was

“The monster has woken up”
“My dream has come true”

Tea, samosa was ordered for every one there.
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:10   #117
BHPian

Rebuild project nearing completion

Today 1 hour work is left for the electrician. Am not happy the seats, every thing looks new except the seats and dashboard. Painter said they have some polish which will make the dashboard look better. Regarding the seats I will go for Recaro / Sparco seats. I will enquire about it today itself.

The top frame is painted black I didn’t like the finish, so I have asked the painter to redo it again.

I am back to my work now. My father will take the deliver today after other small small work and polish work gets over.

Last edited by krishnathanthri : 22nd June 2009 at 11:16.
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:19   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
Today 1 hour work is left for the electrician.
I am back to my work now. My father will take the deliver today after other small small work and polish work gets over.
@Krishna,
Do send some pics of the finished work when ever you visit next time.Its good that you are finally done with the ordeal.BTW how much was the cost of entire wiring?

Amar
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:29   #119
Senior - BHPian

Your dream project is accomplished.wanna try this babe.Give me a call when it comes B'lore.
can anyone tell me the App price of the Spraco/Recaro seats in Blore.
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:33   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
Congrats krishnathanthri do give a call once the gypsy is in Bamgalore ... would love to see it

Cheers
GB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks