Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 22:29   #61
BHPian

Amar, what happened dude? no updates for a while!

How is the build coming? Where does it stand?
Old 20th June 2009, 05:06   #62
BHPian

Vailee Jatt Boy...first of all really cool Username.

Well, following are updates on the gypsy:

1) Color has been decided to be red, but they are going to take 2 samples and then decide which one is better. I sent 2 pics one with original gyspy red color and another was mahindra classic red.
2) All the paint(military green) has been scraped off, denting done. First coat will be done in next 2 days.
3) All the interior plastic's including dashboard has been ordered.
4)Wheels and tyre's still confused. Will select myself when i reach india in end of august.
5) Exhaust and top cloth roof will be done from Moga.

Last time i talked to the mechanic he told that there is still 2-3 weeks of work left.

Amar
Old 20th June 2009, 05:35   #63
BHPian

Nice! seems like work is going on full steam

Post some pics to see what is going. Red is a cool color! Krishna painted his gypsy red you might want to talk to him if you like the color.

Thanks for the compliments
Old 20th June 2009, 08:17   #64
BHPian

Problem is that there is noone to take the pictures.Even i am imagining stuff going on.Krishna has Accent viva on his gypsy, i am going with bit dark red/ swift red.

Today, I just got a news that my gyspy got her name, its PB-10 CM 2021.

@bailee_jat_boy If you dont mind, whats your real name BTW?
Old 20th June 2009, 12:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Today, I just got a news that my gyspy got her name, its PB-10 CM 2021.
Hey Amar,
This is great!!! Your gupsy has been registered in Ludhiana itself.
Congrats buddy!!!

Can you share how much you spent on the entire registration process as we all have got it registered in Zira and were told that its not possible to register it anywhere else!!!
Old 20th June 2009, 13:54   #66
Senior - BHPian

Amar, i must say your passion to build a gypsy sitting so far away! you must really need this gypsy, i guess?

i can find lots of guys here from Ldh who really know the automobile workshops out there.

is there any possibility of get a 2nd hand MG413 ST from Ldh, the only reason is i want a Punjab resgistration of the gypsy?
Old 20th June 2009, 15:18   #67
BHPian

@Amar - My real name is Gurpreet

@Parm - what happened to your gypsy search buddy? You still in India?
Old 20th June 2009, 15:34   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Congratulations! bit IMHO 1 lac for a such condition gypsy is bit high.
Sir, 1 lac is a great buy and not high!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
@ SirAlec: Thanks

Even if buy a used 99 gypsy 413 carb, it costs you almost 2lakh and if the wheels and tyres are not of your choice its costs you another 30-40k and 15k for putting an AC + 7.5k for power steering , so you end up paying more than 2.5 lakh and still you don't know about its actual mechanical condtiton.
@amar82: COngrats on your buy. Do it up sensibly. Cheers
Old 20th June 2009, 16:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
@Amar - My real name is Gurpreet

@Parm - what happened to your gypsy search buddy? You still in India?
well i went to the maruti true value and was very much surprised and disapointed to hear the sales man saying "sir gypsy is only for defence and police", why you want it?"

then i look around the private used car dealers in noida and delhi but was not able to find a gypsy with positive vibes and the love on first sight kind of thing.

now im going to look around other cities where i can find a good one, LDH is my home town so i spoke to few people and also went to the Sunday car market in model town but was not able to find a good one. though lots of bling bling moga jeeps were there!

anyway im back in Dubai and still trying to find a good one. with the MM540 i found last year, the owner after dilly dalling for 6-8 months said his cousin took the jeep to Chd!

hoping to make a short trip to india during diwali, hopefully i will continue the search.

some one was trying to open a 4x4 jeep/gypsy workshop in LDH, hows the plan moving?
Old 20th June 2009, 17:13   #70
BHPian

@Parm - I am not surprised that the true value guys told you that.

Me and my friend tried a lot to get a respectable Gypsy King but we could not fine one. The constraint was also that we wanted to buy a black one. But even the non black ones were not good.

So IMO that you might be better off doing what Amar is doing get an Army disposal and restore it.

Remote restoring my friend. With everyone doing it I feel like jumping in myself. But I want to be involved in the process also. So when I visit India next I might kick start the project
Old 20th June 2009, 17:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
@Parm - I am not surprised that the true value guys told you that.

Me and my friend tried a lot to get a respectable Gypsy King but we could not fine one. The constraint was also that we wanted to buy a black one. But even the non black ones were not good.

So IMO that you might be better off doing what Amar is doing get an Army disposal and restore it.

Remote restoring my friend. With everyone doing it I feel like jumping in myself. But I want to be involved in the process also. So when I visit India next I might kick start the project
i dont want to restore a ex-army jeep/gypsy, i would prefer a used one by paying a little higher amount and saving the trouble of going through the painfull remote restoration! its not worth my time anymore, so i m looking for a good used MG413 King!
Old 20th June 2009, 18:31   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i dont want to restore a ex-army jeep/gypsy, i would prefer a used one by paying a little higher amount and saving the trouble of going through the painfull remote restoration! its not worth my time anymore, so i m looking for a good used MG413 King!
Hey Parm, Wow, I too am looking for a good used MG413W for the past 10 years.

Old 20th June 2009, 18:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey Parm, Wow, I too am looking for a good used MG413W for the past 10 years.

i just started 1 month back and hope not to spend a decade just looking for a good used MG413, i intend to buy it!
Old 21st June 2009, 00:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey Amar,
This is great!!! Your gupsy has been registered in Ludhiana itself.
Congrats buddy!!!

Can you share how much you spent on the entire registration process as we all have got it registered in Zira and were told that its not possible to register it anywhere else!!!

Harjeev,
Actually the guy who is working on the paper work of Gypsy is cousin of ADC Ludhiana, so doesn't know the exact cost. Till now we paid around Rs.5000(registration) + 1500 for getting persoanlized number "2021". That guy just called me and told me that he had booked the number after the auction on the new series in ludhiana "PB-10 CM". Actually the number "PB-10 CM 0001" was auctioned for Rs. 5 lakh + .
Will keep you posted about the actual cost as the registration process has not completely finished.

Amar
Old 21st June 2009, 00:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Amar, i must say your passion to build a gypsy sitting so far away! you must really need this gypsy, i guess?

i can find lots of guys here from Ldh who really know the automobile workshops out there.

is there any possibility of get a 2nd hand MG413 ST from Ldh, the only reason is i want a Punjab resgistration of the gypsy?
Hi Parm,
Good to know another Bhpian from ludhiana, i have been planning to buy Gypsy for almost 3 years now since i started earning. But every single time my parents stopped me saying "what will people think, that you are buying a vehicle that nobody buy's now". Since they knew that i had a lot of craze for cars, they bought me an Endavour thinking that this will kill the Gypsy Bhoot from my head, but even after buying that i used to feel gypsy as ultimate vehicle for travelling places.

So finally my parents gave up on me and started looking for 2nd hand Gypsies . But the quote that we were getting for some of the nice one's were are 3.5L(2003 MPFI) but even carb King 99 was costing 2+ with very nice condition, then i told my parents to buy a new one. While i was searching on google , i got a link for team bhp and then started reading forums on this website and then discussed my option with my parents and then went for it.

But now i feel i did the best thing, coz with 1L price i have so many options of modifications avaible in my hand rather than buying a new one.

Amar

Most Viewed