Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 18:01   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know this does not make sense yet even the odo shows the genuine run, 98000.
If the engine hasn't had a recent rebuild (atleast top), then it's going to need one soon.

Man, the prices of 340's are shooting through the roof! Makes us CJ owners feel good, but I don't like the fact that genuine enthusiasts cannot get their hands on one easily. This particular example is definitely overpriced, I've seen Classics (far more loaded + newer) going in the range of 2.5 lakhs. Keep an eye on our classifieds section, had recently seen a Classic with an asking price of 3.0. Can easily be bargained down.

WRT your other CJ340 / Classic questions, please search the forum.
Old 9th June 2009, 19:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the engine hasn't had a recent rebuild (atleast top), then it's going to need one soon.

Man, the prices of 340's are shooting through the roof! Makes us CJ owners feel good, but I don't like the fact that genuine enthusiasts cannot get their hands on one easily. This particular example is definitely overpriced, I've seen Classics (far more loaded + newer) going in the range of 2.5 lakhs. Keep an eye on our classifieds section, had recently seen a Classic with an asking price of 3.0. Can easily be bargained down.

WRT your other CJ340 / Classic questions, please search the forum.
Do you think it would make sense for me to convert the CJB into a Classic look alike.
At least in terms of appearance. For instance changing the Bull bars, wheels like the ones which came in the 2000 and above Classic, five spoke hyper silver wheels, not the spokes. The instrument cluster, Mahindra monogram on the bonnet.
Or I could just keep it plain stock and feel nostalgic about it,and probably just add a light force lamp and new tyres and wheels. Also, would I be able to get my hands on new stuff if I intend to make it look like a Classic look alike.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:48   #18
BHPian

Hey BEEJAY

Go in for a CL500 MDI . You can easily find a nice one for this price . Its easier to maintain them and are easier to modify as per your needs . I know your taste , cause i know you personally . guess who ???
Old 10th June 2009, 09:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

harsha,

Great to see you here. This is the same jeep that the punjabi aunty drives in apple bye, Im sure you would have seen it, MDI 500, since I cannot use abusive' s here I am sending you a PM for you thought.
Happy that you are here,
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Test drive your Heart- CJ 340

My date with the CJ 340 started yesterday and will last till it leaves me to find a stable for its own.
The CJ was born in 1990 and was run by a lady who hardly used it, I wonder if the four wheel has hardly been engaged. Most of the fitments are stock, including the horn which I think sounds very nostalgic.The dials are by yenkay and the keys by godrej.
A few pictures which i wanted to share with you guys.The quality of pictures are not that great yet the best I could manage.i tried to upload the original brochure which was there in the glove box of the jeep, yet it does not fit the recommended size.

The brouchere reads, TEST DRIVE YOUR HEART.
Cheers,

Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind-front.jpeg

Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind-grille.jpeg

Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind-interior.jpeg

Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind-seats.jpeg

Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind-rear.jpeg

Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind-clip_image002.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2009 at 18:35. Reason: Correcting attachment format
beejay is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Beejay, nice pics. Is the Jeep for sale?

EDIT
WOWWWW

What a pristine Jeep... Samurai & Behram Ji & Likes has to see the Engine Bay. Looks like it rolled out 2 weeks ago...!!!

Last edited by svsantosh : 2nd July 2009 at 15:43. Reason: Cant stop Wowwing about it...
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

santosh,

were you able to view the pictures. the stupid side of me uploaded the already bad pictures in a format which would have given many a techies a complex.
I'm relieved that its possible to view.

The jeep is in a condition more than pristine. Would you drop your jaws if i told you that it has an extra set of original spare keys.
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

what a jeep!!

One word, Neat!! Stock to the core. Except for the tyres every thing else is in place!!

Is it for sale?
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
One word, Neat!! Stock to the core. Except for the tyres every thing else is in place!!

Is it for sale?
I presume the wheels and bumpers came painted white stock on the CJ340. I have the brochure with me and the wheels and bumpers are white on them too.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:14   #25
BHPian

For a vehicle that has been run close to a Lakh of kilometers, must say she has been immaculately maintained. All the very best and make sure you do your part in maintaining it as it has been all these years.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
For a vehicle that has been run close to a Lakh of kilometers, must say she has been immaculately maintained. All the very best and make sure you do your part in maintaining it as it has been all these years.
I have not picked it up. Its up for sale and is with me till the owners get back.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oye... 3 times and after that you say its for sale...

Price ASAP Please... PM also sent to you
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:23   #28
BHPian

Very nice 340 Beejay. Very lovingly taken care of.

I thought you were thinking about picking it up. Why are you letting it go? If I were in the market looking for a Jeep, I would have picked it up inspite of the somewhat high price.

@svsanthosh: I think the owner wants Rs.2.5 Lakhs for it. May have changed her mind now. Beekay can confirm.
How do I know?
Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...over-mind.html
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Very nice 340 Beejay. Very lovingly taken care of.

I thought you were thinking about picking it up. Why are you letting it go? If I were in the market looking for a Jeep, I would have picked it up inspite of the somewhat high price.

@svsanthosh: I think the owner wants Rs.2.5 Lakhs for it. May have changed her mind now. Beekay can confirm.
How do I know?
Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...over-mind.html
Well I am mightly confused. Most members were of opininon that it was highly priced. yet there was another thread where others had mentioned that well informed CJ 340 owners sell for nothing less than 2 lakhs or even more.
After having it for two days now I am quite impressed with her. Lets see it might be mine soon if I am able to afford it, that is.
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:39   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Beejay,

You've obviously got your heart on this red Jeep. If you love it, buy it....overpriced or not.

Also, please maintain the discussion in a single thread only. I've fixed the problem with your picture format.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks