Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:56   #31
Team-BHP Support

Beejay, people might feel 2.5L is high, but they are not in the market looking for one. No sane owner will sell a decent one for less than that. The price will only go up, not down. And this one is so beautifully maintained, I'd say buy if you want a CJ340.

BTW, can I get a scanned copy of the brochure?

Edit: I have a feeling that every CJ340 came in red color.

Last edited by Samurai : 3rd July 2009 at 10:06.
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Beejay, people might feel 2.5L is high, but they are not in the marker looking for one. No sane owner will sell a decent one for less than that. The price will only go up, not down. And this one is so beautifully maintained, I'd say buy if you want a CJ340.

BTW, can I get a scanned copy of the brochure?

Edit: I have a feeling that every CJ340 came in red color.
The CJ 340 came in three colours, black, red and grey. The same grey as the normal mdi jeeps.
the wheels and bumpers are white for all the three.

I am unable to load the brochure. I have had it scanned and its too big to post here.

Cheers,
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Beejay,

You've obviously got your heart on this red Jeep. If you love it, buy it....overpriced or not.

Also, please maintain the discussion in a single thread only. I've fixed the problem with your picture format.
That's most likely. I think I might just throw care to the wind and pick this up.
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
That's most likely. I think I might just throw care to the wind and pick this up.
Yes Beejay, don't let this one go. Just looking at the pictures is enough to force someone to make a decision with their heart. Like the title suggests, just let your heart take over.

Quote:
Beejay, people might feel 2.5L is high, but they are not in the marker looking for one.
Samurai, if you are referring to my previous post, just want to clarify that my comments were made in a positive manner. You know that I already own a Willys, hence I am not in the market for another. If I were, I would have picked it up even though some others said the price is high.
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:12   #35
BHPian

@ Beejay,
For this CJ340, i think 2.5L is good price !!!
The price will definitely not drop as the time will pas but only go high & high !!!
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:12   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Samurai, if you are referring to my previous post, just want to clarify that my comments were made in a positive manner. You know that I already own a Willys, hence I am not in the market for another. If I were, I would have picked it up even though some others said the price is high.
No, I was not referring to your post but most posts in general. If one is not in the market checking for CJ340 prices, it is naturally to assume 2.5L as high for a 15+ years old SWB Jeep. As a CJ340 owner I keep track of the latest trend in CJ340 price, and it has only been going up. I joke with my wife that her 2003 Santro AT fetches lot less demand/price than my 1994 CJ340.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ sharath,

i am sending you the scanned copy of the brochure, can you please size and post it here. I am unable to load it here.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
No, I was not referring to your post but most posts in general. If one is not in the market checking for CJ340 prices, it is naturally to assume 2.5L as high for a 15+ years old SWB Jeep. As a CJ340 owner I keep track of the latest trend in CJ340 price, and it has only been going up. I joke with my wife that her 2003 Santro AT fetches lot less demand/price than my 1994 CJ340.
I agree Samurai. Unless someone is keeping a track of the market trends, they would not know the demand and availability of a good CL or a CJ340. It is amazing how price of some vehicles increases with time. I share and admire GTO's thoughts in post #16 on this thread.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Beejay, Go ahead and buy this Gem of a Jeep. I don't see any reason for you to let this go.

Even though the price looks steep, think of you buying a not so good Jeep and restoring your self.

My rough estimation for a Jeep to be restored without Engine work:

Jeep cost - Rs. 1,25,000 (No SWB diesel Jeeps are available lesser than this amount)

1. Tinkering - Rs. 13000
2. Painting - Rs. 10000
3. Wiring - Rs. 6000
4. Greentax, FC, Roadtax and Insurance - Rs. 20,000
5. Lining - Rs. 5,000
6. Rollover bar + hoot fittings - Rs. 10,000
7. Mechanicals - Rs. 15,000
8. Rare parts - Rs. 10,000
9. Your Time and Efforts - Infinity

Just the indicated amount itself touching 2.2L excluding your time and efforts. So my sincere advise if you thinking of buying a SWB and if you have an option to buy the one posted here, Go ahead you won't regret.

After all "HEART OVER MIND"
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Beejay, Go ahead and buy this Gem of a Jeep. I don't see any reason for you to let this go.

Even though the price looks steep, think of you buying a not so good Jeep and restoring your self.

My rough estimation for a Jeep to be restored without Engine work:

Jeep cost - Rs. 1,25,000 (No SWB diesel Jeeps are available lesser than this amount)

1. Tinkering - Rs. 13000
2. Painting - Rs. 10000
3. Wiring - Rs. 6000
4. Greentax, FC, Roadtax and Insurance - Rs. 20,000
5. Lining - Rs. 5,000
6. Rollover bar + hoot fittings - Rs. 10,000
7. Mechanicals - Rs. 15,000
8. Rare parts - Rs. 10,000
9. Your Time and Efforts - Infinity

Just the indicated amount itself touching 2.2L excluding your time and efforts. So my sincere advise if you thinking of buying a SWB and if you have an option to buy the one posted here, Go ahead you won't regret.

After all "HEART OVER MIND"
Hi Siva,

I had a chat with Mr.Behram last night and I think I see her in my garage soon,
Thanks a lot for the info that you have shared. The only missing part's are the mirrors and I need to get the original which I guess is highly unlikely.

They are there in the brochure which I have sent to Sharath and i hope you guys can see it after he posts the same here.

Heart over Mind, it is.
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:20   #41
BHPian

Beejay ,it is ofcouse highly priced but maintaining a stock CJ340 would have costed her much more.. I've got a CJ500 DI in good shape, so far no major complaints but it has become difficult to get the stock parts in here.
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

I too put my vote that you should go ahead and but the jeep.
Even if you get a SWB jeep as Siva has said, it will cost you atleast 2.25L + the time spent on it.

I spent over 3.15L on my MM550 and over 5 month of my time restoring her. Plus the plus point with this jeep is that you are already driving it, know the pro's and cons, and it is an immaculately maintained 340!!!

I'd say you should go for it!!!
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I too put my vote that you should go ahead and but the jeep.
Even if you get a SWB jeep as Siva has said, it will cost you atleast 2.25L + the time spent on it.

I spent over 3.15L on my MM550 and over 5 month of my time restoring her. Plus the plus point with this jeep is that you are already driving it, know the pro's and cons, and it is an immaculately maintained 340!!!

I'd say you should go for it!!!
I have decided to pick her up. It makes sense to at least use her for a year and experience the JEEP EFFECT and then sell later on if I am over the effect.

Even then i am sure it would be able to fetch a good price.
Old 4th July 2009, 09:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thats good new buddy!!! Best of luck for your purchase negotiations

But I should say the red and white combination simply looks fantastic, try not to change it.
Do keep updating this thread about the progress.
Old 6th July 2009, 17:07   #45
Team-BHP Support

These were stuck in my junk mail folder, finally found them.

The original CJ340 brochure, a rare find provided by Beejay.

Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind-cj3401.jpg

Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind-cj3402.jpg
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed