| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|18th June 2009, 19:01||#16|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Thanked: 6 Times
WOW! I did not see this coming.
Harjeev after all the time and energy that was spent and not to mention the emotional melodrama you had to go through, I was thinking that you would probably never let this one go.
As far as the 4L spending is concerned, correct me if I am wrong that part of it is because you got stuck in the wrong place in the beginning and ended up burning some dough and then you moved the jeep to Mayapuri place finally.
So IMO yes you did spend a lot of money but part of it is also because of the selection of the wrong place so you might not be able to recover the total cost. Now your jeep restoration thread was very popular with a lot of religious followers including my self so there might be someone out there who will be willing to shell out close to what you spent.
Where you decide to keep the jeep or let it go best of luck either way.
|18th June 2009, 19:01||#17|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 258 Times
I am not asking 3 or 3.5L. I actually was and still am not sure whether to sell my jeep or not!!! That's why I floated an idea to see what is the opinion of the people.
Now what Ive decided is that I will keep trying and whenever I get a good quote which justifies the my period of ownership of the vehicle I might think about it.
What I mean to say is that I might not get 3 L today but if I might get 2.5 or 2.0L a year or two down the line I can always weigh the pro's and cons and then take a decision. Till that time at least I get to enjoy the vehicle. Further a year or 2 down the line I might even decide not to sell the vehicle at all, who knows.
But whatever the case I will not book a loss now on the vehicle and sell it.
No sir!!! Even if Ive spent 3L atleast I have a capable, rugged and dependable off-roader parked at my house and I can take it anywhere without thinking trice.
Like today I started the 550 after 2 weeks, yes after 2 weeks and it started with one crank.
Thanks for all the help and suggestion guys
I dint spend 4 but a little more than 3L.
And I've decided to wait till I get the opportune time and offer.
I will wait it out. Looks like the LHD will remain in hibernation for time to come ;-))
Last edited by harjeev : 18th June 2009 at 19:07.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|1998 MM550 XDB 4WD Joins Team-Bhp Family||sreerajunnithan||4x4 Vehicles||64||26th October 2018 14:30|
|wanted to get some info about an army spec Mahindra mm550||sabret00the||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||70||4th February 2016 22:47|
|MM550 Army 4x4 Jeeps||4x4addict||4x4 Vehicles||50||21st August 2014 14:57|
|Installing a 5-Speed Tranny on an MM540/MM550||4x4addict||Modifications & Accessories||12||20th February 2008 14:43|