Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 14:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Scorpio Mhawk VLX 4WD Launched

I have just got news that the Scorpio Mhawk VLX with 4WD has been launched. It does come with ABS. Only two colors are offered now. Fiery Black with Black Allure interiors and Diamond White exterior comes with Tan&Beige interiors.

The SLX/E version still comes with the older 2.6 CRDe mill and without ABS. The difference between the 2.6 SLX 4WD and the VLX 4WD is only 39K which doesn't make sense in anyway. I guess they are encouraging people to go for the VLX 4WD.

So yes, it's official now. Go forth and tell the world ;-).
Old 6th August 2009, 14:42   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

great show
take your money back from Toyota and go buy 2 Scorpios - one for on road and another for off road. considering the fortuner is hitting the market at 20 lac you can afford to do exactly this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
And, finally if Mahindra is offering the M- Hawk with 4WD at that price, won't it be great? But then what about the advance many of us Scorpio owners paid for the Fortuner?
Old 6th August 2009, 18:04   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
I somehow get a feel that Mahindra would launch Scorpio 4x4 before Fortuner's launch to take out as many numbers as they can. I know the segments are entirely diff. but still there are people who trust Mahindra & are in a hurry!
& hence my presumption was right!
Old 6th August 2009, 18:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I have just got news that the Scorpio Mhawk VLX with 4WD has been launched. It does come with ABS. Only two colors are offered now. Fiery Black with Black Allure interiors and Diamond White exterior comes with Tan&Beige interiors.
-).
Good news tini. I think your dilema to pickup an old endevour is now over. Go for the new scorpio vlx 4wd. Be the first one in teambhp to lay your hands on!!

How is the pricing compared to safari 4wd? plus why are they still having 2.6 crde option just for 4wd model? doesnt make sence to me. They are giving choice where it is not required. But no choice on Bolero storm where it is required Wish they also come up with a 4wd version in storm without price rise for 4wd verision. 2wd is anyhow overpriced by atleast 50-60k!

Strategy-
Mahindra wants to be seen as a lifestyle manufacturer. 4wd is a lifestyle statement rather than absolute necessity. Hence M&M needs to concentrate on providing an option at every level-

Entry Level premium life style vehicle- MM550 thar (possibility of launch)
Mid level life style vehicle- Bolero storm 4wd (God knows!)
Pickup vehicle- Getaway 4wd (already launched)
SUV- Scorpio Mhawk 4wd (launched)

There are vehicles like Major and Bolero camper 4wd but they are utilitarian. Hence there is still a gap at lower end to launch vehicles with 4wd option. I would be happy if there was 4wd version on mhawk Scorpio lx and on Bolero SLE. Only if wishes could come true...

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 6th August 2009 at 18:33.
Old 6th August 2009, 18:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The difference between the 2.6 SLX 4WD and the VLX 4WD is only 39K which doesn't make sense in anyway..
Have they announced the prices of these two. Can'ty find anything on the website.
Old 6th August 2009, 19:03   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the Scorpio Mhawk VLX with 4WD has been launched. It does come with ABS. Only two colors are offered now. Fiery Black with Black Allure interiors and Diamond White exterior comes with Tan&Beige interiors.
Only offered in BS-III specs as yet. Both 7-seater options (forward-facing 3rd row with captain's seats in middle row, or side-facing jump seats at rear and 3-seat bench in middle row) available. Micro Hybrid also an option. Tentative quote Rs.10,05,000 ex-showroom Delhi, prevailing prices at time of delivery applicable.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 6th August 2009 at 19:04.
Old 6th August 2009, 19:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The SLX/E version still comes with the older 2.6 CRDe mill and without ABS. The difference between the 2.6 SLX 4WD and the VLX 4WD is only 39K which doesn't make sense in anyway. I guess they are encouraging people to go for the VLX 4WD.

So yes, it's official now. Go forth and tell the world ;-).
thats great news buddy. this was pending in the scorpio since looooong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Have they announced the prices of these two. Can'ty find anything on the website.
here it is:
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

Rs. 9,67,800 ex-showroom in mumbai, for the VLX.

@ vinod: Safari's VX 4WD costs 11,90,414 ex-showroom in mumbai.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 6th August 2009 at 19:41.
Old 7th August 2009, 07:00   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i checked on their site - yes - it looks a good deal
2.2 + 4WD - i think you may as well pick this up.

but their choice of colours is also foolish - for example whats the problem offering other shades like turf green or rocky beige?
all this lifestyle SUV nonsense is really quite sad - people are nowadays all about appearances and have very little substance inside if you get what i mean.. i cannot identify with that at all.

fortuner wont be worth while at 20 L

or else you just might want to hang in there for the Skoda Yeti - think on that
cheers

sb

Last edited by shankar.balan : 7th August 2009 at 07:02.
Old 7th August 2009, 07:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

is it available in A/T? finally MM got it here
Old 7th August 2009, 12:39   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
ABS is not for slushy situations, it gets confused and gets activated. At low traction situations, the wheels will lock very easily upon braking. That is why one should avoid applying brakes in icy, snowy, slushy conditions. If you have ABS, it will start working and kick your foot back. You should see ABS trying to do a disco at 5mph speed on snowy/icy roads on the slightest braking action.
Hmm! That is tricky indeed
Does that votes in favour of Non ABS 4x4 vehicles in such situations?

Last edited by breezydrive : 7th August 2009 at 12:43.
Old 7th August 2009, 13:52   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Would they offer *conversions*? ;-)

I am sure they will immediately say that the damn warranties go for a toss!
Old 7th August 2009, 14:43   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
but their choice of colours is also foolish - for example whats the problem offering other shades like turf green or rocky beige?
all this lifestyle SUV nonsense is really quite sad - people are nowadays all about appearances and have very little substance inside if you get what i mean.. i cannot identify with that at all.

or else you just might want to hang in there for the Skoda Yeti - think on that
cheers
I am quite unhappy with the choice of colors. I wanted the Rocky beige or Silver. It is ridiculous to offer it only in Black and White. Guess, I have no choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
is it available in A/T? finally MM got it here
No A/T with 4x4 available yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Hmm! That is tricky indeed
Does that votes in favour of Non ABS 4x4 vehicles in such situations?
Most newer 4x4s like the Merc M-Class have ABS that has a different setting when you are in low range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Would they offer *conversions*? ;-)
Besides the warranty issue, it will not make financial sense. You are better off selling and buying the 4x4 version.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

4x4addict is the lucky chap here... that is, if he intends to buy the 4WD scorpio!
Old 7th August 2009, 17:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

Why not with the AT ? If that would have been good, then it would make much sense for AT supporters. Any idea if its going to come with AT ?
Old 7th August 2009, 22:50   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Why not with the AT ? If that would have been good, then it would make much sense for AT supporters. Any idea if its going to come with AT ?
You are right. AT with 4x4 would have been a great offering. I am sure it will happen at some point since they have to offer this in the US market which Mahindra is trying to enter so we will eventually see it in India.

Most Viewed