Team-BHP - Painting my Gypsy Hard Top - Please suggest
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Painting my Gypsy Hard Top - Please suggest (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/60874-painting-my-gypsy-hard-top-please-suggest.html)

I am getting a 2nd hand hard top next week and since it has a few nicks and scratches was considering getting it painted and i am considering various options.

I am not repainting the car which is currently the same color as it was when i first bought it brand new: ICY BLUE. Just asking the garage staff to paint the top before i mount it. The B-Pillar MAY be painted in the same tone as the top (open to discussion). Did a quick 1 hour job on photoshop to come out with a few color options. I couldnt complete the PS job on the 2 red options, but u shd get the idea!!

I am leaning towards the SingletTone or the Silvertop option. I couldnt replicate the shine/gloss of the silver top, but it looks quite good, atleast with a black gypsy. Another option is to stick on a waterproof faux leather covering onto the FRP (avail in Brown and Deep Black) which would help retain a Soft Top look!

Plz let me know ur thoughts.

Correct me if i am wrong, i think this is icy blue color with white hard top(standard). My vote goes for this.

Hi Cougar!
Hows this one looking? :)

Painting my Gypsy Hard Top - Please suggest-1copy.jpg

VT

@VT: Nice!

As i said i was leaning towards a lighter shade: silver (last pic) or Graphite Gray (second last)

After seeing the pic Amar has put up, I change my opinion. Its look rocking in White!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUGAR (Post 1362529)
@VT: Nice!

As i said i was leaning towards a lighter shade: silver (last pic) or Graphite Gray (second last)

Thanks.
I would prefer the silver one then, or let it remain white only.
I will try more if possible. :)

VT

hi COUGAR,
i voted for MATT Graphite Gray but AIR FORCE blue is also good looking & will be one of a kind. :Cheering:

Not the red please.

Where is badboyscad ?

+1 for jeepster.
Graphite color looks good.why can't you paint the whole with the same.

The Matt finish Black color looks AWESOME!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster (Post 1362586)
hi COUGAR,
but[/i] AIR FORCE blue is also good looking & will be one of a kind. :Cheering:

In a good way or like "Govinda is one of a kind"? :)

i liked what amar82 has posted, looks neat.

Graphite grey or a royal blue matching the varicose veins in my legs would be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1363555)
i liked what amar82 has posted, looks neat.

Actually the body color of the gypsy IS closer to what Amar82 posted. Just oculdnt replicate the metallic ICY blue color in PS!!

do it a matt black there was one in Ferozpur with the main color same like yours and the rest was matt black it looked nice.

What is the reason that you are going for HT?

ST looks much better