Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 16:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

well i had thought of buying this LHD CL and shipping it to india and convert it to RHD and put a diesel engine. i would have bought it in my wife's name and keep it parked here in dubai and ship it to india without TR!

im sure this CL would be a cheap buy in UAE as its practically useless here!

but i was disappointed when some one told me that i cannot import a LHD into india even though its made in india!

i was in mussfah to pay a visit to Prestige Cars, they are our clients for some of the products we sell for high value cars.

DesertFox i would like to meet you and show you our set up in Al Quoz behind Honda Service centre and also get some info about sending this vehicle back to where it came from....India!
Old 8th July 2009, 17:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - this is the gulf export CL340PE (P2150 engine, "petrolization" of XDP4.90 engine). The steering column was homologated in MIRA England for compulsory collapsible steering column requirement as per GCC standard. It met exhaust emissions ECER15.03 which any carburettor engine could meet. The engine was a shade underpowered. The axle ratio was 4.88. The vehicles were made in 1997 on the export assembly line in Nasik plant. I designed, fabricated, developed, manufactured and assembled the stainless steel bull bar for these cars, the first lot of 21 cars was dispatched to Lebanon, all in a matter of 3 days. the mounting dimension of the 2 central holes is 15 1/8 inches and of the outer two holes is 41 5/8 inches. The side member height was based on the suitability of the CNC bending machine to bend the stainless steel tubes. The welding is done by submerged argon arc welding process. Now Vinod Nookala, tell me, do you want to know more?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 9th July 2009, 19:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Cl340 Pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Now Vinod Nookala, tell me, do you want to know more?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram sir,
Without you on the forum there would be many question unanswered...thanks for being here

Few more questions-

1. What was the power out put of this engine?
2. Was the gear box 4 speed or 5 speed?
3. Why additional coil spring on the front?
4. Exhaust system seems to be different with a large muffler. Emission norms?
5. Did it have factory fitted A/C?
6. Was it a power steering?

p.s- Never knew u were behind the famous Classic Bumper

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 9th July 2009 at 19:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks