Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 17:23   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The black bolero in the picture is the export version with IFS up front.
So IFS with 4WD..Interesting. So the IFS is from the 4WD Scorpio?

AFAIK the locally available 4WD Bolero never came with an IFS option. The very reason i bought a 2WD Bolero for 80% road use - priority was comfort.

If it can go on export versions whats holding it back to be sold locally?
Old 14th August 2009, 10:22   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

If it can go on export versions whats holding it back to be sold locally?
Mahindra has always had much better products in the export market than they offer in India. Guess they don't feel the market is mature/advanced enough to accept their export range.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:01   #48
NIP
Senior - BHPian

That camper looks so good ! Why cant M&M offer vehicles like these against order at least !?? Its not like they have the scorpio 4x4 or similar (rare) vehicles available for test drive anyway.
Old 16th August 2009, 00:04   #49
BHPian

4x4addict-that was new information for me, thanx for sharing it, i am surely going to have a talk with mahindra regarding the ifs, hope i can get it done on my bolero camper.
Old 16th August 2009, 00:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

that camper with the massive tyres does blows the wind out of me!

would love to have my hands on export version of that!

i went searching on the net to see the export version of bolero camper and guess what i found!

DFW Mahindra Trucks SUV 4x4 Dealership Arlington Dallas Ft. Worth Texas India Home Page DFW Mahindra will sell the Mahindra Pickup Truck, also called the Mahindra Diesel, Mahindra Diesel Hybrid, Mahindra Hybrid, Mahindra Truck, Mahindra Trucks or Mah

DFW Mahindra will sell the Mahindra Pickup Truck, also called the Mahindra Diesel, Mahindra Diesel Hybrid, Mahindra Hybrid, Mahindra Truck, Mahindra Trucks or Mahindra Diesel SUV, imported from India, in Dallas, Texas and surrounding areas.

Mahindra’s mid-size trucks and SUVs offer a blend of ruggedness, performance and affordability. They have the largest payload of any compact pickup truck (2,765 pounds)* and an estimated 5,000 pound towing capacity*.

Top it off with a 4-year 60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and you’ll find that these babies are even more cost-efficient than the best hybrids and are brimming with uncompromising features.

30 MPG* • 4-WHEEL ABS BRAKES • UNIQUE SYYLING • EXTRA LONG CARGO BED • ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL • TRACTION CONTROL • ROLL-OVER MITIGATION • 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION • AM/FM/CD/USB AUDIO SYSTEM

Forget everything you thought you knew about diesel engines.
Turbocharged Mahindra clean diesels provide a power-packed 30 miles per gallon creating benefits beyond any other vehicle in its class.
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-newtruck.jpg  

Last edited by Parm : 16th August 2009 at 00:38.
Old 16th August 2009, 08:36   #51
BHPian

Param, with that fuel economy i think it will attract a lot of customer in US. Are they also providing 4-door version??
Old 30th August 2009, 14:17   #52
BHPian

Hi desigNation,

Great looking ride. Congrats.
Am quite interested in picking up a camper for myself. Was at the dealership yesterday, just to find out some details. What they have on offer is the Camper Gold, which comes with the DI engine, 5 speed gearbox, IFS in the front, Leaf springs at the back, PS and AC factory fitted. No 4WD though.
The 4WD camper does not have PS, AC can be fitted, 4 speed gearbox, Manual transfer for 4WD, Leaf springs at the front and back. I presume this are the specifications of your ride? So am taking the liberty of posing some queries to you, hope you won't mind.

1. How did you get the PS fitted? Did it void the warranty?
2. What is the ground clearance of the vehicle?
3. Does it have disc brakes in the front?
4. Are you planning on chopping of a part of the cargo bay? and is it feasible?
5. Engine specifications?
6. NVH levels?
7. Have you done any mods besides the alloys?

Would appreciate a reply from your side, along with some reports on the drive quality, etc.

Regards
Gautam
Old 6th September 2009, 20:21   #53
BHPian

bolbolero-sorry for the late reply,wasnt in town.
1.ps was fitted by tvs[dealers of mahindra in kerala]so no issues of warranty void.
2.not sure about the exact measurements of ground clearance,its the same as bolero vehicles.
3.it has disc brakes in the front.
4.yes i am planning to chop of 12 inches from the rear, which when asked to the 4wd gurus here,said was not an issue.
5.engine specs same as di turbo bolero.
6.nvh levels:the camper 4wd doesnt come with any noise dampening sheets to cut down noise levels,i did an aftermarket job by putting or rather sticking those sheets inside as well as on the inside of the bonnet and its reduced the noise levels quiet well.
7.no other mods other than changing the grill to mesh.further mods would be seen soon though.
Old 6th September 2009, 21:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post

4.yes i am planning to chop of 12 inches from the rear, which when asked to the 4wd gurus here,said was not an issue.
5.engine specs same as di turbo bolero.
#4) I would chop all the way to the rear shackles if it were my vehicle. This is about 2 and a half feet. I would then mount my spare tyre(s) in the bed and maybe make special fittings to hold extra fuel cans, recovery gear, traction boards etc. Putting a new cross over steel piece at the rear to give support to the chopped frame and modding it into a serviceable rear step bumper is a simple, simple job. Be advised, it will never again perform much of a pickup function after the chop and this could effect the resale value.
#5) The beloved MDI3200tc, long may it clatter and shake.

Last edited by DirtyDan : 6th September 2009 at 21:37.
Old 9th September 2009, 09:59   #55
BHPian

Mods, please delete this post.. it was a duplicate

Last edited by 16v100bhp : 9th September 2009 at 10:02.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:01   #56
BHPian

Congrats once again on the new beast and the "cherian-rto" case .. Sad that you had to part with the old and faithful.. it really was an amazing ride..

About the new beast, the snaps really does not do any justice. From what I have seen in flesh, the thing in real scores at least 10 times more than what I can see here. You will really need to do a better job at the snaps.

Some thoughts
1. I am not so great with the photoshop.. below is what I could do with the a simple paint chop
Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-bolero2.jpg

2. The huge rear butt is something you seriously have to look at. It spoils the entire "fun" of the vehicle. Understanding your need for a practical pikup, chopping the rear to the right limit is still an option.
- Black mat or truck bed liner on the places I have pointed out in red can look good IMO.
- Even if you chop the rear, the rear still has the huge overhang.. three piece rear bumpers rails, placing the lights a bit higher or even getting a taller tail light cluster is a good option..
Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-bolero3.jpg

- Not a great fan of the tempo style frames on which you have the square white fog lights.. chopping the inner three supports and enlarging the outer beams may be an option
Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-bolero4.jpg
- Need not mention the tyres very well knowing that it might be in your list of future mods.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:27   #57
BHPian

16v100bhp-i agree with you regarding all the mod jobs, just gimme some time,will be doing it soon.thanx for the photo shop job.it really makes a lot of change in the entire look of the vehicle.
Old 25th October 2010, 13:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

I see that M&M has changed its web site info regarding the Bolero Camper.

Mahindra's web site usually has wrong or misleading information and it is an absolute disaster especially compared to the slick Japanese sites. How a company with serious international pretensions can have a latrine for a web site is a bit of a mystery.

But, what I want to know is can anybody confirm if the Bolero Camper 4x4 now has the NEF motor? In India? If so, what kind of front suspension goes with that? Any other important info on it? If there is a NEF 4x4 Camper can a NEF 4x4 Bolero be far behind?

Welcome to Mahindra & Mahindra International Operations
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-bolero-camper-nef-motor.jpg  

Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-bolero-4x4.jpg  

Old 25th October 2010, 14:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
... But, what I want to know is can anybody confirm if the Bolero Camper 4x4 now has the NEF motor? In India? ...
Knowing Indian manufacturers' attitude (in general, not specifically MM alone) towards domestic markets vis-a-vis export ones, I can blindly state that the NEF Turbo engine mentioned is not available in the Indian Bolero Campers. It is only for export models.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 25th October 2010 at 14:51.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
I see that M&M has changed its web site info regarding the Bolero Camper.

Mahindra's web site usually has wrong or misleading information and it is an absolute disaster especially compared to the slick Japanese sites. How a company with serious international pretensions can have a latrine for a web site is a bit of a mystery.

But, what I want to know is can anybody confirm if the Bolero Camper 4x4 now has the NEF motor? In India? If so, what kind of front suspension goes with that? Any other important info on it? If there is a NEF 4x4 Camper can a NEF 4x4 Bolero be far behind?

Welcome to Mahindra & Mahindra International Operations

Hi DD,

You have not been paying attention, M&M has got a new vocabulary its called Salisbury Axle, also the pics show a Hotchkiss Drive Front Axle i.e Solid Axle Leaf Spring.

The First NEF249 were exported to South Africa with IFS.

NEF with Solid Axle are being "exported" to Sri Lanka & Nepal.

Yesterday is History, tomorrow is a Mystery, and today is a gift, that is why it's called Present, but nothing coming from M&M though.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Also note the Rack & Pinion Steering, I guess there are 2 Versions in 4WD!!!!

Last edited by ex670c : 25th October 2010 at 14:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks