Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 03:50   #91
BHPian

Re: Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)

Couple more..

Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-dppq_0012.jpg

Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-dppq_0013.jpg
Old 30th October 2011, 11:25   #92
BHPian

hey guys just got the pics uploaded , would like to edit my thread name from : Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper) to [now modded a bit ] how can i do that?
Old 30th October 2011, 16:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hi Cheriyan,

congratulations for having a wonderful machine, I appreciate you for not compromising on what RTA has to offer, it is ridiculous RTA to decide to have a commercial plate or own plate, this also brings some light to people to fight for the right thing than compromising on everything.

Regarding the camper I am loving it! I have seen campers brought by builders, agriculturist etc just to abuse and I recently witnessed a fairly new bolero camper driven by a in experienced driver to make it into a mangled scrap metal, a friend brought the DI turbo engine to go into MM540.

Good attempt to make it a worthwhile camper vehicle, liked the front grille concept, you could have tried for pencil halogens in the front. As someone mentioned here the top mounted halogens would not serve the purpose of its being rather lighting the bonnet, you can move the same lamps by creating a mount in the front like I have tried to show through paint work, again you can have a carrier on the top. Rear wheel mount should be raised a little high which will not only enhance the look but at the same time will have the rear door open completely.

I would suggest if you can mod a rack for the rear spare wheel which opens side ways which will not hinder loading and will not add weight to the rear door even though you strengthened it. The rear spare wheel in the later stages will create rattling noise as the locks tend to get gaps because of the wheel weight.

The tub cover is a good idea, you could have moved the clamps to the bottom so the cover can over lap the border of the tub and will give a good look at the same time will let the water or dew not to seep inside the tub
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-dppq_0009.jpg  

Old 30th October 2011, 21:31   #94
BHPian

chanu- thank you so much for all the frank opinions,just yesterday got the jeep wrangler rear lights fixed on to it. will put the new pics soon.
Old 31st October 2011, 00:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
chanu- thank you so much for all the frank opinions,just yesterday got the jeep wrangler rear lights fixed on to it. will put the new pics soon.
Great!! eager to see them. We can work out together to make this machine one of a kind and I am sure you will enjoy every bit of it.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Loved all the mods done. Its been a long journey for you right from the RTO trouble to the mechanical modification to the cosmetic ones. But at the end totally worth it. Enjoy your camper to the fullest.
Old 31st October 2011, 22:05   #97
BHPian

kandisa- thanks for the appreciation. will be adding the new pics with wrangler rear lights.
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:08   #98
BHPian

Hi Cherian, The vehicle have come out really well,
Loved the way you have incorporated subtle changes without affecting the practicality. I guess you need to reinforce the tail gate or maybe go in for a swing away tire carrier set up. Waiting for you to post the pics with the wrangler tail lights fixed on.
Old 3rd November 2011, 10:19   #99
BHPian

cadaver prad- thanx dude, i've got the inside of the tail gate reinforced with flattened rods and changed my hinges to bigger one's if you would have noticed that. is that enough? or do you really to make a swing away tire carried set up?please comment.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:07   #100
BHPian

Cherian- I did not notice the Hinges on the tailgate. My bad. IMO if the set up sturdy enough now, you can keep it that way since you already got all the work done to reinforce the tail gate. If in future the tailgate develops any rattle (Which might take a while since its hinged downwards) you can go in for a swingaway set up.
Old 9th November 2011, 16:21   #101
BHPian

cadaver prad-thanx for the comments and advice, will wait for this coffee season which happens in jan , feb and march, with full load , will see how its going to withstand and will change if needed.
Old 9th November 2011, 20:56   #102
Senior - BHPian

This is the tail lamp grille which I was talking about Cherian, these should ease up your tension.
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-jeepwranglertaillight.jpg  

Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-82209330wranglertaillamp_guards.jpg  

Old 9th November 2011, 21:05   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
This is the tail lamp grille which I was talking about Cherian, these should ease up your tension.
They are called euro guards/lights
Old 10th November 2011, 14:28   #104
BHPian

i did put a grill for my brake lights but went in for a different look, will put pics soon.
Old 25th August 2012, 18:12   #105
BANNED

Hi desigNation. Do you have any pictures of the chop work in progress? Also a friend is interested in trying to register a Camper with a White Plate. How should he go about getting a court order for the same here in Goa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks