Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2009, 22:45   #31
BHPian

Fab work man

Wonder when will i be able to own such a beauty
Old 7th September 2009, 13:38   #32
BHPian

@allana13 thats what I was thinking.

Its like having a baby,..we are all scared of the responsibility but once you have it you always find a way to take care of it.

I was sitting on the fence for over one year,..slowly learning my ropes before I decided a Petrol Cj3B it had to be.

Trust me as @Gotzuk once told me,..its not that expensive or difficult. Just take the plunge and the rest would just follow.

Gosh,..I however know that if I had rushed at getting a jeep I would have cursed myself forever as its the worst feeling to take a decision out of sheer enthusiasm and then learn probably this was not the jeep for you.

Its like this, there are 3 choices for owning an off-roading jeep.

a) MM550/540
b) Cj3B/Cj3A
c) CL340/500

I picked b) as for me what did it was the light weight body, a rock star of an engine and the resultant combination, which turns this jeep into a mountain goat (seriously, where esle do you feel like one (a goat ) when you rush up a hill as it becomes one with your body) and the best part absolute silent performance with nil/ZERO viberations(I could actually listen to music in this one while crusing at 60kph).

So my advise, go out there to your nearest jeep club enroll yourself and spend time driving and learning more about the jeeps before taking the plunge.

Last edited by Torque-ative : 7th September 2009 at 13:41. Reason: typo
Old 8th September 2009, 13:06   #33
BHPian

Thanks for that. Are there any Jeep clubs apart from Team BHP site ?

Is yours an orignal petrol or Diesel conversion ?

I see you have nother 1 at the back, Is that a donor for parts or project no. 2

I would prefer a CJB. SWB are much more fun to drive.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:32   #34
BHPian

@ Allana13: I know one being Jeep Thrills in India. Around the world there would be many such clubs, where like minded people have come together to restore the glory back to these wonderful machines called Jeeps

All the Jeeps visible in the pictures are powered by original F-Head Hurricane motor mated to T-90 Gearbox and T-18 transfer case.

The Green one in the back is a Jeep owned by fellow Jeeper and friend Naveen(Torque Active on T-Bhp). It is being restored back to its stock condition. Infact its resurrection is already being documented on T-bhp.
Here is a link to the thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...j3b-story.html
Old 8th September 2009, 20:14   #35
BHPian

I really like the color choice, it gives the CJ3B a modern touch. It also works great with the black chassis. Please do not use any other colors for the details or the wheels, it will ruin the overall look.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:44   #36
BHPian

@jeepmkd: Thanks for the appreciation. It would be a black and brown scheme only.
Old 29th October 2009, 20:11   #37
BHPian

The 64 Willys have not seen any action for last 2 months. As there is not much work going on in the workshop, since my mechanic is back home on a break and the painter is also not regular these days I finally got some time to complete the final fitting process of Willys. Did a basic wiring job done to get the vehicle started. For now its running on battery power as the connections for the Dynamo to charge the Battery are not done. It was great to see the beast roaring after a long break. Completed fittings on the front end and the tail area. Going to fix the fuel line tomorrow and hopefully the front seat will also be installed. after that it will be time for complete wiring job.

I was able to source Carter YF Carb for the Jeep. It will be an authentic addition to the period spec. Also got a three spoke steering wheel and horn button to go with it courtesy UBS (Kaka). Thanks Kaka for the stuff !!
Here are a few pictures that I clicked today.
Attached Thumbnails
1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06796.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06797.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06795.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-picture-cd-658.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06798.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2009, 18:02   #38
BHPian

This looks very yummy and i am hungry

Good 1 Jas and some decent work going in there. The colour is good as well. I take it its the orignal petrol engine with 3spd box
Old 8th November 2009, 19:20   #39
BHPian

Here are a few pictures that I clicked this evening after returning from work. I am sorry for the picture quality as it was quite dark outside. Will some more pictures during the day and post them soon.
Attached Thumbnails
1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06857.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06859.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06860.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06861.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06863.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06864.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06865.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06866.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06867.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06868.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06869.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06874.jpg  

1964 Willys CJ3B-dsc06875.jpg  

Old 10th November 2009, 15:45   #40
BHPian

This is awesome..... Badi Soni haigeee...

Are the dials orignal, Also the orignal brass plates that come on the jeep near the dash do you have them & are you going to fit them.

Nicely coming along.
Old 10th November 2009, 17:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

congratulations jeep maniac. Your brute has come up very well. Engine looks to be healthy.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:15   #42
BHPian

Jasvinder, Bro when I can see pics your beauty particpating NIOC OTR's.
Excellent job! Well done. Great progress from what I saw in September when I was there.

All the best
JC
Old 10th November 2009, 18:54   #43
Team-BHP Support

Why dont you put in an alternator instead of dynamo while doing the electricals? Wont it make the Jeep more reliable?

Oh by the way! Excellent! I really like the color also.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:21   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Why dont you put in an alternator instead of dynamo while doing the electricals? Wont it make the Jeep more reliable?
Guys,

What is the difference between an Alternator and Dynamo.
Old 11th November 2009, 08:32   #45
BHPian

@Allana: Thanks once again Allana. The Dial or composite meter as some call it is an original piece it has been repaired and finished to improve its look. I do not have the brass ID plate with me. May try to find a replica to place it on the Jeep, but not very sure though.

@dwaraka: Thanks dwarka, the Jeep has indeed turned up nicely. Hope I have been able to do justice to the legend.

@JC: Shibu the Jeep had taken a long time to reach this stage, but its inspiring to hear that everyone has liked it so far. Thank you for the appreciation. I am not very sure that I may put this beauty to the rigors of the hardcore OTR here in Delhi. Although a Himalayan trip is on the cards this December.

@Jaggu: I have a spare Alternator lying with me, but I am keep on keeping this Jeep as close to original as possible. May opt for the Alternator if have major issues running this thing on Dynamo.

@Salikt: An Alternator is generator with built in regulators to ensure optimum supply of current to charge the battery as per the needs. The charging does not wary much with regard to engine speed. Whereas a Dynamo or Magneto's current output is dependent on the engine speed. That is higher the engine speed higher the current output and vice versa. The output is controlled by an external regulator. So an alternator is always a good option to ensure that your vehicles battery is charged optimally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks