Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 16:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

53BHP,
Can you again post the pics of the sound deadener like armasound+ rtech sound +dampner?

Installation pics will be useful. The garage is neat with necessary equipments. I was least surprised to know it was M&M workshop. If comfortable please do share your restoration costs with us
Old 19th August 2009, 17:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
53BHP,
Can you again post the pics of the sound deadener like armasound+ rtech sound +dampner?

Installation pics will be useful. The garage is neat with necessary equipments. I was least surprised to know it was M&M workshop. If comfortable please do share your restoration costs with us
Hi Vinod

I am trying to put the snaps up again

This is armasound:
Got My 4wd ( MM540 )-sp_a0417.jpg

Last edited by 53BHP : 19th August 2009 at 17:26.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:32   #48
BHPian

This is the arma+tech sound combo for the fire wall:

Got My 4wd ( MM540 )-sp_a0420.jpg

The tech sound is like sticky bitumen. something like dynamat. Only is beige not black

I will post pics of the install at Ferdi. Will have to finish the rust proofing before getting this in

Will also share detailed documented costs with everybody

You will be surprised how much nominally more the genuine parts and labour cost at MAW setups as compared to independents. Not that I am saying independents are all bad. my w124 goes to an independent. For Mahindra I would highly recommend the Mahindra authorised setup
Old 20th August 2009, 04:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
Thanks Gogi

I am inclined to go in for a lighter shade only. Either the 1st snap you attached of the willys in the garage or something like an antique white or like fazal's superb 540

I am also thinking of 2 toning meaning painting the top pure white and the rest of hard top and body 1 color like beige brown or sand or whatever

something like defender 90

What you think?
Yup i guess you do. Yes even i had suggested that the top be a lighter shade of white or off white, maybe cream, depending on what colour you put on the body.
Old 20th August 2009, 09:06   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
You will be surprised how much nominally more the genuine parts and labour cost at MAW setups as compared to independents. Not that I am saying independents are all bad. my w124 goes to an independent. For Mahindra I would highly recommend the Mahindra authorised setup
I agree totally!!! Additionally when we get our vehicles serviced at MAW's they give a 6 month warranty and atleast the work is done under the guidance and supervision of competent and experienced people.

I learnt this the hard way and now getting my vehicles done up at Mahindra First Choice Services and they are one step better a its a company owned workshop and the icing on the cake is it is under the supervision on the legendary Sudhir Kashyap!!!
Old 20th August 2009, 11:09   #51
BHPian

What you guys think?

This antique white with matt grey top:
Got My 4wd ( MM540 )-05.jpg

or this. Biscuit or potty beige with white top:
Got My 4wd ( MM540 )-willje0.jpg

Also 1 more question:
Got My 4wd ( MM540 )-august-18.jpg

Should I paint only the top beyond the rain gutter line in the 2nd tone or the entire roplas hard top in the 2nd tone this is pure white or close to pure white
Old 20th August 2009, 11:50   #52
NIP
Senior - BHPian

I'd say go for the Land Rover colours ! Looks superb ! The potty colour...well...that describes it...not for an MM540 at least. On the other hand, your existing colours are good too. Maybe you should take some good shots of the vehicle and post here so someone can PS the combos for you.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:38   #53
BHPian

how about this. My Photoshop skills leaves a lot be desired. I just thought how the combination might look.
Attached Thumbnails
Got My 4wd ( MM540 )-05.jpg  

Old 20th August 2009, 13:17   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
how about this. My Photoshop skills leaves a lot be desired. I just thought how the combination might look.
Hey thanks thats cool. that was the original idea. painting it stornaway grey with white top. But the experts are not for doing it in a metallic color. Will get my neighbour in office to run some photoshop ideas and post it here for comments

Thanks for the idea
Old 20th August 2009, 13:20   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
I'd say go for the Land Rover colours ! Looks superb ! The potty colour...well...that describes it...not for an MM540 at least. On the other hand, your existing colours are good too. Maybe you should take some good shots of the vehicle and post here so someone can PS the combos for you.
I am also gravitating towards the LR colors. All my cars are or have been white. Its a good color. Very easy to touch or repair. There is a certain value to maintaining stock factory colors too. So lets see

Will post the photo shop samples

Cheers
Old 20th August 2009, 16:12   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

White MM540 with alloy wheels = Stunner. I remember seeing an immaculate example at Milestone itself, couple of years back. Check their photo album, they usually store pictures of the interesting jeeps that visit their garage.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
White MM540 with alloy wheels = Stunner. I remember seeing an immaculate example at Milestone itself, couple of years back. Check their photo album, they usually store pictures of the interesting jeeps that visit their garage.
Will ask Ferdi. He showed me some pics of a fabulous hard top he made for a Classic. Didnt see any of a white 540 though
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:27   #58
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I agree...if the body is white, its easy to plonk any alloy (hyper silver, silver etc.) off the shelf and it'll look great. Other colours make the alloys look too jazzy and kills the offroader feel. Just my 2p in case u go for alloys at a later point.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:05   #59
BHPian

Parts Update

I spent the most interesting afternoon at Opera House. Prakash from Atlas (walking talking encycl. on Jeeps) and premier Mahindra parts guy has so much you would otherwise think impossible

MM540 brand new body, original 28,000/-

CJ340/CL340 windscreen box frame (the one that rusts like overnight) 2600/-

SS bulbar made from the same vendor who did it for M&M for the classic 10300/-

XD3B complete engine and gearbox 45000/-

I have just placed the order for all my 540 bosy parts there

The Jeep work is coming along nicely at Milestone. The body work is now being done

In 3 days the body will be back up on the lift for the insulation of the engine firewall. Today the acousti mat was delivered

Also got some prices for Maxxis tyres from Gobind

16" tyres are very pricey. 5k+ for the 245's

Alloys with the correct PCD are also hard to come by. So its going to be either the army steel wheels or 15" alloys with radials

Any sources for army rims guys?
Old 24th August 2009, 18:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
I agree...if the body is white, its easy to plonk any alloy (hyper silver, silver etc.) off the shelf and it'll look great. Other colours make the alloys look too jazzy and kills the offroader feel. Just my 2p in case u go for alloys at a later point.
I agree too. White is safe for any type of alloy. Now hear this. My 4 year old daughter who absolutely adores the Jeep and is waiting for it to be ready wants me to paint it PINK. For now i have told her the police will not allow me to paint it pink.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks