Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 06:51   #16
BHPian

I will suggest you to go for MM550XD, it has 2.5 Ltr engine (MM540 has 2.1 Ltr), 76 BHP (against MM540's 62 BHP), and also more torque.

Pay a visit to Mayapuri, Delhi that is the best place or check for classified section of team BHP.
Old 19th September 2009, 12:46   #17
BHPian

i have a spare mm440 but with an isuzu petrol setup with HR alloys and wide differentials + disk brakes,i kept this as a SOA project with petrol engine and the works,but i am not finding anytime out of my business,so if you are interested i can speed up the work,for further information,it is a delhi registered jeep which is a major boon.let me know if you are interested,i have made a similar setup for KANDISA,you can refer his thread.

cheers

mandeep
Old 21st September 2009, 17:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
i have a spare mm440 but with an isuzu petrol setup with HR alloys and wide differentials + disk brakes,i kept this as a SOA project with petrol engine and the works,but i am not finding anytime out of my business,so if you are interested i can speed up the work,for further information,it is a delhi registered jeep which is a major boon.let me know if you are interested,i have made a similar setup for KANDISA,you can refer his thread.

cheers

mandeep
Hey Mandeep,

You mean you have a MM440 to grab? with all the set up you mentioned? WOW. Can you pls PM me your expectation and details of the jeep if you dont mind. I have seen Saumen's Jeep , its amazing.

Tarkesh
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
....When you say long journey is not very comfortable do you mean on bad roads or is it generally related to the seating and ergonomics for the driver & passenger?
The followings may be the factors against proper comfort in comparison to a normal good car:
1. No AC
2. Gear shift is not that smooth
3. Absence of proper power steering in most of the cases
4. Soft top hence more chance of getting affected by dust & smoke

Possible solutions to make a jeep more comfortable:
1. Personally I think the 540 (MWB) type jeeps are more comfortable than the SWBs (CJ 3b or 340). At least i enjoy the huge leg space up in front.
2. Good quality comfortable seats (not merely the stylish ones) are always a good addition. Makes a lot of difference.
3. If the tyres are not hugely oversized, chances are that the steering will not be that heavy
4. An all synchromesh 5 speed gearbox is a great comfort factor. This also makes a lot of difference particularly in a longer drive
5. A properly designed, good fit soft top can provide a better protection.
All these have been taken care in case of my jeep and i don't feel much of difference in comfort except the A.C factor once in a while.

Quote:
....The drive in the MM540 was not very uncomfortable on even roads and broken, potholed roads as well.....
As mentioned, I also have the same feeling. Though my experience of driving other car is limited to Alto, but i don't think the 540 series jeeps are that uncomfortable. Offcourse depends on one's standard of 'comfort'.

@Tarkesh, the 440 mandeep has mentioned has exact 1.8 Isuzu engine-5 speed 4x4 gearbox set up and body as my jeep. The additions are original imported HR alloys, wider differentials in the front, disk brakes and it has a Delhi number.
-regards,
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
@Tarkesh, the 440 mandeep has mentioned has exact 1.8 Isuzu engine-5 speed 4x4 gearbox set up and body as my jeep. The additions are original imported HR alloys, wider differentials in the front, disk brakes and it has a Delhi number.
-regards,
And It has working 4X4 right?

Tarkesh
Old 24th September 2009, 09:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
And It has working 4X4 right?
Tarkesh
Offcourse yes. Its a single lever 4x4 shift mechanism.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:27   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good point desertking - yes the 550XD had the 2593 cc engine and the old 540DP had a 2112 cc engine. for great torque and sheer guts definitely the 550XD was a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
I will suggest you to go for MM550XD, it has 2.5 Ltr engine (MM540 has 2.1 Ltr), 76 BHP (against MM540's 62 BHP), and also more torque.

Pay a visit to Mayapuri, Delhi that is the best place or check for classified section of team BHP.
Old 24th September 2009, 19:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank beejay.. Could you please elaborate a bit on the above point. When you say long journey is not very comfortable do you mean on bad roads or is it generally related to the seating and ergonomics for the driver & passenger?

The drive in the MM540 was not very uncomfortable on even roads and broken, potholed roads as well. So wanted to know a bit more on the same.
IMO, doing a constant speed of 60 to 70kmph speed on the highway coupled with the noise of the engine, heat generating into the cabin, fewer creature comforts makes it uncomfortable. God save the people who have to sit in the rear side seats as seen on the 540. Forward facing rear seats as on the CJ 340 are a bit more comfortable. Please note, I said "bit"

Yes, this is something that I can live with and am now in love with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks