Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2009, 11:54   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I installed a mirror set yesterday - the OE Bolero ones.
Sawyer, what did the set cost you, if you don't mind sharing?
Old 20th September 2009, 12:10   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I installed a mirror set yesterday - the OE Bolero ones. They have a large convex mirror surface and work well. On the driver's side, an extra hole is to be drilled to accomodate the two screw installation. A hole remains open and visible, that needs to be closed, I did that with the screw of the OE mirror. On the passenger side, two holes have to be drilled. The mirrors look neat, work well, and don't extend out in the path of other traffic, leaving the effective width of the car unchanged. And now I feel a lot better driving the car in traffic - and while reversing it.
A better seat by itself will just hold you better while you get thrown around! Functional, but not more comfortable, is my guess. I will stick to the OE seats until they get worn out, and I think that with an upgraded suspension, they will work pretty well for other than full on rallying.
Hi Sawyer
If its not an issue could you please post some pictures of the mirrors both close up and from far shots, if possible!!
Also hoe much did you pay for the pair. i have been thinking of changing my MM550's for a long time now!!!
Old 20th September 2009, 19:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

The Bolero set cost me Rs 500 for the pair. Will post pictures soon.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi Sawyer
If its not an issue could you please post some pictures of the mirrors both close up and from far shots, if possible!!
Also hoe much did you pay for the pair. i have been thinking of changing my MM550's for a long time now!!!
Harjeev, Look for LUMAX ORVM Trust me its better than anything else. You will see a hologram on genuine ones.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 20th September 2009, 22:55   #65
BHPian

The design of mirrors on Gypsy and Bolero is different. I wish to know is there any availability of stoke Gypsy style mirror for passangers side in the after market.

Last edited by gonewithwind : 20th September 2009 at 22:57.
Old 21st September 2009, 07:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
The design of mirrors on Gypsy and Bolero is different. I wish to know is there any availability of stoke Gypsy style mirror for passangers side in the after market.
I was not able to find the matching mirror for the left side. Hence the switch to the Bolero set. In any case, the OE has a very small field of view.
Pic of the right mirror attached, the left one is identical, mirror image.
Attached Thumbnails
Countdown to my Rally Gypsy-dsc01623.jpg  

Old 21st September 2009, 09:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Harjeev, Look for LUMAX ORVM Trust me its better than anything else. You will see a hologram on genuine ones.

Thanks
--Sree--
Thanks Sree. Are these LUMAX ORVM's easily available and any idea what should they cost?
Quote:
I was not able to find the matching mirror for the left side. Hence the switch to the Bolero set. In any case, the OE has a very small field of view.
Pic of the right mirror attached, the left one is identical, mirror image.
Thanks for the pics Sawyer!!!
Old 21st September 2009, 10:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

You are welcome - as you will see, the ones I have on are Lumax.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:47   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@harjeev. The screw holes on the MM540 are usually the same as the Bolero. I fit the Bolero mirror on my MM540 without having to change the screw holes.
Old 21st September 2009, 11:50   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

A very nice buy indeed. Any chances feasting our eyes on your gypsy deep in mud.
Old 21st September 2009, 13:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Thanks Sree. Are these LUMAX ORVM's easily available and any idea what should they cost?

Thanks for the pics Sawyer!!!
Yes Harjeev, any Good spare parts shops should have it. It looks like Sawyer's Mirror. You ask for LUMAX ORVM for Bolero.
I don,t remember the coast, but surely less than 200 Rs per mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@harjeev. The screw holes on the MM540 are usually the same as the Bolero. I fit the Bolero mirror on my MM540 without having to change the screw holes.
Yes you don't have to drill the holes, its of the same size. You may need to Drill the holes in LHS if you don't have one already. One more thing is, Always use the new rubber packing which come with the Mirror. And driver side holes will have threads where you can use the same screws which come with the mirror. But you may need to use a bolt with the same screws oh LHS since it would not have threads if you are drilling new holes or you drilled before.

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 21st September 2009 at 13:32.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:26   #72
Senior - BHPian

@4x4addict
@sree
Thanks I will try to source it for my MM550!!!

@sawyer
Can you please give me the link to the pictures of you jeep!!! I have searched but your don't have anything uploaded in your garrage!!!
Old 23rd September 2009, 00:58   #73
BHPian

I bought a brand new Jerry Can (5kg)yesterday. Sure it is going to be in use while travelling. I am thinking about the idea of fixing it on the back of Gypsy. Lockable Jerry Can holder is available in the market in London. I dont know door at the back of Gypsy is strong enough to hold the weight of spare wheel and Jerry Can with 20 litre of petrol?

Sha, I have seen on Vijay's Gypsy with Jerry Can on your travelogue.Do you know how Vijay fixed Jerry can on his Gypsy?

[ATTACH]196299[/ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails
Countdown to my Rally Gypsy-p1060545.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2009, 17:25   #74
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
Sha, I have seen on Vijay's Gypsy with Jerry Can on your travelogue.Do you know how Vijay fixed Jerry can on his Gypsy?
Jerry can and stepney tire is fixed in one frame, the frame is connected to chasis not the door but the drawback is the back door cannot be opened atall. Even i was trying to fix from spare tyre holder but later door will crack, I am still searching for idea how to fix it without damaging back door.

How much did it cost you new jerry can I am also thinking of buying new one.

Last edited by Sha : 23rd September 2009 at 17:27.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:35   #75
BHPian

Jerry Can cost me £18 in London. I think it is around Rs 1500/-

Most Viewed