Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2009, 17:37   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
What shibu's got another gypsy . Now i know who is eating up all the gypsis in kerala.

Sihbu dude you got to stop now and let us own atleast a couple of gypsis.

Pramod
Pramod, yes I do have 3 Gypsies. third one being a Diesel Gypsy MG410 with Isuzu 4FB1 1.8L engine with 5 speed Isuzu gearbox.
I am sorry dude. I cant stop it and I cant help it . You know " Once a Gypsy always a Gypsy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by annu0706 View Post
hi jc very nice set of wheels mind sharing the cost and where did you got them from ??
annu706, I got the wheels from Delhi and IIRC they costed me about 24K including shipping charges for set of 5. I got them more than 2 years back so cant remember the exact price, But I can PM you the dealer contacts.

Shibu
Old 14th December 2009, 12:03   #122
BHPian

JC, from where you source so many Gypsy. Eager to see the new gypsy.Do post the snaps. What is instore for restoration of the newly acquired beauty. Details please ....

3 gypsy's, 2 jeeps, err I guess you will be fast runnig out of parking space.

How about the idea of parking it in my garage?
X'ams offer, you get to store your parked gypsy's key in my key hanger and an evening and morning stroll by me personally All Free just for you
Old 15th December 2009, 18:35   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
JC, from where you source so many Gypsy. Eager to see the new gypsy.Do post the snaps. What is instore for restoration of the newly acquired beauty. Details please ....

3 gypsy's, 2 jeeps, err I guess you will be fast runnig out of parking space.

How about the idea of parking it in my garage?
X'ams offer, you get to store your parked gypsy's key in my key hanger and an evening and morning stroll by me personally All Free just for you
REMU, Its not a new acquisition. The diesel Gypsy is been with me since last 4 years.
I haven't done much mods on that and since its diesel, it is kept for utilitarian purposes. But Since you asked ,I will start a new thread on that soon.

Yes will be running out or parking space soon. But planning to get something like a parking silo like this one in VW factory. to store my 4x4's.

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-germancaryard1.jpg.jpeg

Well, Thanks so much for your Xmas offer. Its really kind of you .I will keep that in mind.
Cheers
JC
Old 16th December 2009, 15:53   #124
BHPian

Mate what you have done to this Gypsy shows the love and passion you have for Gypsy.
Hats off, I have subscribed to this thread to watch out for the engine modding you will do to this, as I think it badly needs it.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:48   #125
BHPian

Gypsy unlimited getting diff locks and crawl gear

for
Quote:
Originally Posted by autospirit View Post
Mate what you have done to this Gypsy shows the love and passion you have for Gypsy.
Hats off, I have subscribed to this thread to watch out for the engine modding you will do to this, as I think it badly needs it.
Thanks Autospirit, Well I will be defenitely going for a bigger engine soon. But thats not the next item in my to do list.

See below, what I have got for my Gypsy unlimited now, after the lift kit, bigger tyres, & power brakes!

Lock Right Diff Locks

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-lock-right-locker.jpg

and 4.16:1 Crawler Gears

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-crawler-gear.jpg

Thanks for khan_sultan for the motivation, your detailed installation threads here in the forum and also the tips and tricks which you give me over the phone.

I just received them few days ago. Will be installing them soon.Installation details with pics to follow.

JC
Old 15th January 2010, 06:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

Wow JC you really made my day. Have read alomost all your thread(Except the Building a rally gypsy) and its amazing at your spirit man. The gypsy looks nice except like devang said the soft top square part spoils it.

But you got some issues in mind so everyone has different tastes. Anyways you have made me started wanting to buy a gypsy now. Interesting!! Updates please. Did the LSD get installed?
Old 15th January 2010, 12:32   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Did the LSD get installed?
Hey Maddy
Shibu has got himself Diff locks and not LSD's
The other day I was browsing the net and cam across the following article

Quote:
To overcome this limitation many vehicle manufacturers fit a limited slip differential (LSD) to the rear of most new 4WDs. A LSD is an improvement to the open differential but, as its name implies, it only provides limited drive to the wheel that has traction. To appreciate just how ‘limited’ the slip is, try the following test. With a vehicle fitted with a rear LSD, place an axle stand to lift one of its rear wheels off the ground and then chock both front wheels with a brick. The LSD will not provide enough torque to drive the vehicle over the brick (vehicle obviously in 2WD). If a diff lock was fitted then the vehicle would drive forward easily.
Khan_sultan also started a thread on the same subject which is quite informative
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ks-vs-lsd.html
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Let the 4x4 epidemic spread
JC
It has. I went trough all your threads on Jeeps & Gypsies. I had been a perfect couch potato! Now I am already dreaming about buying a 4x4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks