Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 15:35   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep from Yamuna Nagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
yes i do need the tail lights for the old design civilian jeep CJ3B and 500D. Those with just the red plastic cover. in which indicators are not a part of this and are separate. 2+4 (spare) would be required. Can you help me out Shubhendra?
Atul Ji,
Just to confirm, you need total 6 tail lights ? Will definitely buy them when i visit Bombay next time.
Refer below link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ys-cj3b-8.html

Do you need front indicators (these were glass made with very good quality but last set was bought by me) rear indicators ( these are normal plastic type but better made as per 'Genesis'). if i go there, i will buy them in one go.
Even i need 2 sets of front indicators for 2 of my jeeps at home.

Shubhendra
Old 23rd February 2014, 10:49   #152
BHPian

The jeep is in the final stages of detailing and finishing. Expected by thursday. Courtesy- Nirankarji of Classic Service/NOIDA. Thank you @Shubhendra for your ideas.

atul
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-jp1.jpg  

Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-jp2.jpg  

Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-jp3.jpg  

Last edited by ATUL SINGH : 23rd February 2014 at 10:59. Reason: info
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:05   #153
BHPian

Need photographs of the rear frame and wire rope net luggage hunting attachment which can be put on my SWB.

Can somebody help me out?

atul
Old 23rd February 2014, 16:24   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need photographs of the rear frame and wire rope net luggage hunting attachment which can be put on my SWB.

Can somebody help me out?

atul
Atul Ji,
are you talking about rear frame for that hunting net luggage, if yes then i may be able to help you. Had that frame in one of my Willys decade back. let me search through old archive of pics.
What color you are choosing for rims ?black rim with off white stripes on side of rims would look good. let me search for that as well.
Your jeep is looking nice !

Shubhendra Singh
Old 24th February 2014, 12:54   #155
BHPian

YUP SHUBHENDRAJI am talking about the same frame which is extended at the rear of the vehicle using 2 pipes with a thick wire rope net. usually used during hunting i believe.

atul
Old 24th February 2014, 12:56   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Atul Ji,
are you talking about rear frame for that hunting net luggage, if yes then i may be able to help you. Had that frame in one of my Willys decade back. let me search through old archive of pics.
What color you are choosing for rims ?black rim with off white stripes on side of rims would look good. let me search for that as well.
Your jeep is looking nice !

Shubhendra Singh
Eggxactly Shubhendra Ji, you got it...

atul
Old 24th February 2014, 13:32   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
YUP SHUBHENDRAJI am talking about the same frame which is extended at the rear of the vehicle using 2 pipes with a thick wire rope net. usually used during hunting i believe.

atul
This net was used initially for hunting and later on for luggage (due to limited space available in SWB jeeps). I still remember how i used to carry four sacks of dal, rice, atta, spices etc in my Willys a decade back.
Good old memories of jungle driving with luggage net to full of its use

Quote:
Eggxactly Shubhendra Ji, you got it...

atul
Atul Ji,
Couldn’t find picture in my archive, but let me try to explain and seniors can chip in to correct me if required.
I have made 2-3 such frames and we always used GE pipe (pipe which we use for plumbing). Now if you see below two illustrations (I know I am bad at it).
Refer first picture (side view): GE pipes are circular pipes and you can use round connectors for corner bending. Top pipe which needs to be connected to side of body, should be flattened at the end and should connected to body with a strengthening plate and rubber/wooden pads in between to avoid noise and vibration.

Refer second picture (rear view): T connectors can be used to connect pipe which goes downwards to rear chassis support. At the end they should be flattened and connected to rear chassis with rubber/wooden pad.

Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-jeep-rear-net.jpg

Luggage net: in our town, we had one cobbler who used to do webbing to create net. Synthetic ropes are better and long lasting but difficult to web whereas nylon ropes are easy to web but do not last long.

Color theme: probably body colored pipe structure with black rope would suite the jeep.

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 13:59   #158
BHPian

After more than 5 years of association with this madness called a Jeep and 24000+ kms on the odo, i took the courage to add the first sticker/badge on my 3B. Courage was needed more in terms of making sure that any addition supplemented and not trivialized the jeep brand. The aerial was to add something without doing anything to the body shell
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-slide1.jpg  

Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-slide2.jpg  

Last edited by ATUL SINGH : 27th September 2015 at 14:00.
Old 2nd October 2015, 23:47   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Atul Ji,
Just to confirm, you need total 6 tail lights ? Will definitely buy them when i visit Bombay next time.
Refer below link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ys-cj3b-8.html

Do you need front indicators (these were glass made with very good quality but last set was bought by me) rear indicators ( these are normal plastic type but better made as per 'Genesis'). if i go there, i will buy them in one go.
Even i need 2 sets of front indicators for 2 of my jeeps at home.

Shubhendra
Shubhendraji, please go ahead and buy at least 6 tail lamps for me. 4 front indicators and 4 rear ones. Confirmed . I know it is late after nearly one and a half years of your query but please go ahead
Old 6th October 2015, 12:31   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shubhendraji, please go ahead and buy at least 6 tail lamps for me. 4 front indicators and 4 rear ones. Confirmed . I know it is late after nearly one and a half years of your query but please go ahead
Hello Atul J,
I bought those tail lamps and indicators from Bombay but it couldnt be delivered then and consumed by me and my friends.
If you dont have urgency, i will buy required set when i next visit to Bombay.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks