Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 22:55   #61
BHPian

Canvas Hood For 3b

I am trying to finalise which canvas hood will look good on my jeep. attaching one snap of a canvas hood (3B home page) which i really liked. what modification in the skeleton needs to be carried out to have a fitting as in the red jeep.

Regards.
atul
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-red-jeep.jpg  

Old 19th February 2010, 12:08   #62
BHPian

Test Drive

Took my first test drive yesterday. The Hurricane is pure joy when cranked, with its whisper smooth hiss nothing can even come close to it. This is incidentally the first time that i was driving a petrol engined jeep. Nothing, absolutely nothing had prepared me for the experience, whether it was the sound level, or the oodles of starting torque, the hard clutch, the soft power brakes or the quick response from the accelerator. Although certain work like the leaf spring, wipers, co driver seat fitment, etc. still need to be done but i was too impatient to postpone the test drive any further. started the engine, pressed(actually stood on the clutch), shifted into 1st and let go... the jeep surged forward...beautiful.
rest of the details of my first drive i'll be penning shortly.

atul
Old 20th February 2010, 13:53   #63
BHPian

Good luck Atul,....Its coming out excellent.

The pleasure of staring up 2.2 liter Hurricane is second to none.

The sweet spot is 40 kmph,..and you will love the whistle.
Old 20th February 2010, 15:18   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Good luck Atul,....Its coming out excellent.

The pleasure of staring up 2.2 liter Hurricane is second to none.

The sweet spot is 40 kmph,..and you will love the whistle.
I believe its 1.6 ltr, Guru's please correct me if i am wrong!!!
Old 20th February 2010, 16:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

F4-134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak View Post
Hi JEEPFreak,

F4-134 4 Cylinder.

Inlet Valves in Head.

Exhaust Valves in the Block.

2187cc & the M&M had a Version with 2193cc.

DB Sir & Spike can elaborate.

Regards,

Arka
Old 20th February 2010, 17:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Great thread Atul. I have a similar thread started a while ago and even my project is almost complete. I you may want to have a look at that thread too as there are many similar questions asked and answered on that thread. We seem to be also asking the same questions. If we combine both our threads, we can start a FAQs answered thread on CJ3B

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-now-what.html

Great reading your thread and your CJ looks killer!! Now get a jerry can and an ammo box and mount them somewhere.
Any specific reason why you left the black out switch and the lights out? I think they look the part even if not working.
Old 21st February 2010, 00:14   #67
BHPian

progress

V-16.
Had gone through your thread earlier also and because of your reference went through it again. You've managed to get a wonderful job done considering the initial state of your jeep.
I was planning to leave the front blackout lights since i wanted to keep the front uncluttered. However Sudhirji insisted that they were absolutely neccessary and well, i cant argue with the jeep man... can i? so my jeep is going to have the blackout lights. I'm also going to keep the rear back out lites ones in working order by having them connected in parallel with the tail lights.

Torque- day and nite i dream of driving it now. Even my patience is running out now considering that its almost 5 months since i bought it from yamuna nagar. But when i look at the time lines of V-16's jeep restoration i consider my self lucky. The roll cage and skeleton are the major items left now which need to be worked upon.

The leaf spring repair was one of the things postponed and was scheduled for today. May go over to the workshop tomorrow to see the progress.

The canvas has been finalised- its jet black make Madura and as per the advice of Jasvinder (Concept Car Co.) i'm getting it stitched from Mayapuri. I may get the skeleton design changed to get the look in the 61st post where the red jeep has been shown.

As per arka i'll wash the canvas before stitching the top. However since the canvas seems to be of a good quality i''l not be spray painting the same from inside.

Having trouble in sourcing the old design central round horn button console and the wiper system. Can some body help me out? mayapuri i've already checked.help

atul
Old 21st February 2010, 00:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak View Post
Jeepfreak,...Look before you assume,..this is a standard F head.
If you have queries on whether the CJ3B was a 1.6 or 2.2 lit petrol Google it,.. its hardly any effort at all
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-f-head.jpg  

Last edited by Torque-ative : 21st February 2010 at 00:33.
Old 21st February 2010, 00:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Torque- day and nite i dream of driving it now. Even my patience is running out now considering that its almost 5 months since i bought it from yamuna nagar. But when i look at the time lines of V-16's jeep restoration i consider my self lucky. The roll cage and skeleton are the major items left now which need to be worked upon.

The canvas has been finalised- its jet black make Madura and as per the advice of Jasvinder (Concept Car Co.) i'm getting it stitched from Mayapuri.

atul
a) The Roll cage will certainly be safer in case of serious off-roading,..however would not gel with the period look of the sixties. Just my personal opinion though.

b) I too got my canvas done by Jasvinder (as the rest of the jeep),....you wont go wrong with him
Old 24th February 2010, 22:16   #70
BHPian

Mechanically Almost Fit

Friends,
Jeep 5306 is ready to roll out from the work shop to the bodyshop for one last coat of paint and touch up. The mechanical part is almost over except a still missing speedo cable and pending changeover to the 3 spoke steering wheel with old design horn button. the canvas job is planned for 25th/Friday.

SK himself drove it down the ramp
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-p2230002.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 23:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

Awesome looking jeep Atul. Can you tell me where to source the rear view mirrors with stands (or whatever they are called) are they available readily and what are they referred to as?

And while you are at it, fix the black out lights, front and rear, they add a certain character to the whole set up.

Hows the Hurricane performing?
Old 25th February 2010, 05:56   #72
BHPian

Mirrors

V-16 - Thanks
There's a shop of Khairatilal in Mayapuri. he keeps all such stuff. The mirror set on one side costs Rs.425- including the stalk and the round mirror. The rear blackout lites have been fixed and the front ones are to be fitted.

atul
Old 26th February 2010, 22:18   #73
BHPian

Ready

Have been going for the last 4 days to take delivery of my jeep, but no luck. Irritants are creeping up and the guys out there seem clueless. To top it all SK is out to Mumbai for the last 7-10 days. I'm royally stuck. Today when everything was done and i was going to make the payments i noticed a slight misfiring at idling. On revving up it seemed to disappear. but when i took the jeep for a test drive it crept back in. On shifting and releasing the clutch and also accelerating there was a definite miss in the seamless power expected. Then the engine would catch up. But the hiccup was there neverthless and prominent. The Area manager was unable to diagnose it and on refusing to take delivery of the vehicle he promised to look into it. But when i heard him mentioning the tappet clearances and opening the head cover i'm totally zapped. Should'nt it be the distributor and timing advance control rather than the tappet?
Experts....enlighten me

atul
Old 26th February 2010, 23:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

@Atul singh are you mentioning about a flat spot during driving? Is it present in all gears? is there any particluar RPM at which this occurs? Is there any signs of engine hunting?

Spike
Old 27th February 2010, 09:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hey Atul,
If you don't mind, how much has the total ownership cost come till now? I mean including everything (Cost of jeep, Tyres, Work at M&M paid and unpaid, etc etc etc)???

BTW the jeeps looks good!!!
Nice work mate!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks