Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 12:17   #61

Hi Abhishek,

Your S1 looks really awesome! The color comes out very well. I saw the same Series 1 in the November or December edition of LRO with the same light brown and loved it immediately.
Don't worry about your small problems (eg dynamo), they will always come along with Land Rovers. when you love you don't bother!

The holes on the upper edge of the windscreen would be for trafficators. Very hard to come by these days.
Enjoy the ride and again congrats!

What tyres do you have on it?
Alban
Old 14th March 2010, 10:33   #62
BHPian

Hey Alban,

Great to see you on Team BHP!

You are right on small problems- the experience is part of owning a land rover. Have given the vehicle for repairs- it should be back with all small things fixed next week.

I did see the trafficators up for sale a few months back in UK eBay. Didn't buy it then as I didn't think they were worth their price... went up to more than 50 pounds, if I remember correctly. Plus the shipping on top. Will keep an eye out, if I find any other at a better price.

It will be good if you start your own thread for the Series III you have recently bought. I am sure people would love to read about it.

I have a small hiccup in my life... I may need to move out of India on an international assignment shortly. And believe it or not, the first concern that came to my mind outside of family was- who will take care of my Land Rovers & Willys! Have spent past 6-8 months restoring these vehicles & now when they are ready, I am probably not going to be able to enjoy them

Lets see how things span out...

The tyres are sand cum highway...

Looking forward to seeing your Series III thread come to life soon!

Cheers,
Abhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandeland View Post
Hi Abhishek,

Your S1 looks really awesome! The color comes out very well. I saw the same Series 1 in the November or December edition of LRO with the same light brown and loved it immediately.
Don't worry about your small problems (eg dynamo), they will always come along with Land Rovers. when you love you don't bother!

The holes on the upper edge of the windscreen would be for trafficators. Very hard to come by these days.
Enjoy the ride and again congrats!

What tyres do you have on it?
Alban
Old 15th March 2010, 21:08   #63

I guess it's never too late to start! Glad to be on T-BHP!
Don't know when I will start a thread on my Series 3 as I have to find a place to restore it first... ;-)

50 quids for a set of trafficators doesn't seem high. repro can be bought from John Craddocks for 225 quids...

Your assignment outside of India is a huge news! Congrats! Must be a great opportunity for you. don't worry about your Land's, I'll be happy to look after them!

What's the brand of the tyres?
Cheers
Old 15th March 2010, 22:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandeland View Post
What's the brand of the tyres?
Cheers
since you've already asked this twice, the tyres are JK Sand cum Highway 7.50X16.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:47   #65
BHPian

New Pictures...

Hey Folks,

Sharing some pictures of my boy, post the morning clean-up. Hopefully you will be enjoy them

Looking for Land Rover Series 1, 2 or 3-land-rover-s1-001.jpg

Looking for Land Rover Series 1, 2 or 3-land-rover-s1-002.jpg

Looking for Land Rover Series 1, 2 or 3-land-rover-s1-003.jpg
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2010, 23:55   #66
BHPian

Simply a m a z i n g !
Excellent restoration n finish, good to see the defender retain its character.
Old 31st March 2010, 00:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Simply a m a z i n g !
Excellent restoration n finish, good to see the defender retain its character.
Defender???

Its a LR Series
Old 31st March 2010, 13:12   #68
BHPian

Hi Abhishek. The LR is looking great. Nicely restored. IMO, can u try with the looks of the Landy, with all those side plates (The riveted Border line) painted with matt black color? For me the silver is not mixing well with the sand color. Just MHO.
Old 31st March 2010, 17:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_d_zulu View Post
Hey Folks,

Sharing some pictures of my boy, post the morning clean-up. Hopefully you will be enjoy them
Hope we will enjoy??
Abhishek I am drooling over them.. ..
Your boy is a Stunner!!
Shibu
Old 31st March 2010, 23:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Hi Abhishek. The LR is looking great. Nicely restored. IMO, can u try with the looks of the Landy, with all those side plates (The riveted Border line) painted with matt black color? For me the silver is not mixing well with the sand color. Just MHO.
Well, it has been painted in aluminium color as that is how it used to come in the original configuration. I didn't want to compromise on the original look of the vehicle.

Incidentally, when I had sent it for a paintjob, the painter did offer to paint it in darker brown- to contrast the sand color. I declined it

Thanks for your inputs nevertheless...
Old 17th April 2010, 22:25   #71
Senior - BHPian

hey abhisheik!

why are you selling this. After so much of hard work.??
Old 18th April 2010, 16:28   #72
BHPian

Hi Kenden,

Well... the plan is not completely firmed up yet to keep them or sell them!

The main driver seems to be lack of attention these vehicles will get when I am away. I came back to India early morning yesterday & already could see the impact of not having anyone around to look after them. In a scenario when I am going to be away for longer duration of time, how will I sustain their maintenance? Thats the core question to answer, in my head.

I am thinking perhaps it will be easier to pass them to another enthusiast & pick up a fresh project to restore when I am permanently back in India maybe next year. That way, I will prevent these from rotting in my absence. I have another practical problem of storing them. I currently have 5 vehicles in my collection- so need to find covered garages for all of them- which again is a challenge in a place like Bangalore.

I have spent a lot of money & affection on them in the past year- so don't want anything to stand in the way of their well being- not even my selfish motive of hanging on to them.

Lets see if I find someone to take them on. If not, I anyways will retain them- will perhaps have to find a way to sustain their maintenance remotely too.

Will keep you posted on how it develops!

Cheers,
AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
hey abhisheik!

why are you selling this. After so much of hard work.??
Old 1st July 2010, 19:51   #73
BANNED

Hi, abhishek, Its very nice to see all those pictures.
Please visit Land Rover support group @ vintage & classics>post 1950.
Yours Sudarshan.
Old 14th February 2022, 07:08   #74
BHPian

Re: Looking for Land Rover Series 1, 2 or 3

Hey guys, a friend of mine has been offered a short wheel base 1957 Landrover. Engine and gearbox are in original condition, as per the seller. He says even the bolts etc are original. What would be a fair price for this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks