Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 21:04   #31
BANNED

Hey gurus.

Which one would you suggest if the vehicle is gonna be a daily drive or atleast 3 days a week and some 4 OTR a year?
Old 26th October 2009, 08:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hey gurus.

Which one would you suggest if the vehicle is gonna be a daily drive or atleast 3 days a week and some 4 OTR a year?
For daily drives and occasional OTR, Gypsy.
Old 26th October 2009, 08:55   #33
BHPian

btw You guys think that Ex-Army Vehicles are a Good Choice ? They are used in the Roughest Conditions and according to me are only sold when they think, the vehicle is finished. Please correct me if I am wrong.

btw I think people here want to corner as many Jeeps as they can for themsleves thus are advising everyone a Gypsy. (I may be wrong here too)

I once had a ride in a Gypsy in Mumbai and it was so bumpy. I also drove a few jeeps like Commander and Invader and never found them so uncomfortable. I do not advise the Gypsy to anyone.

btw all you guys are really rich who can take their vehicles for Raid De Himalaya and all. I have not seen a Mahindra Jeep take part in it for a long time. Some of the Rich Guys might want to try it out to see if it is better than the Gypsy or not.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
btw You guys think that Ex-Army Vehicles are a Good Choice ? They are used in the Roughest Conditions and according to me are only sold when they think, the vehicle is finished. Please correct me if I am wrong.

btw I think people here want to corner as many Jeeps as they can for themsleves thus are advising everyone a Gypsy. (I may be wrong here too)

I once had a ride in a Gypsy in Mumbai and it was so bumpy. I also drove a few jeeps like Commander and Invader and never found them so uncomfortable. I do not advise the Gypsy to anyone.
Supercars,
Army vehicles are sold when: they have done 100 000 kms, 10 years service or accident ed before the above two criteria are met.
As for your observation about cornering Jeeps for themselves hence advising Gypsies, there are more disposal MM550's available than the takers, so the question of supply against demand does not apply here as there is no shortage but excess.
The genuine advice given is by respected and senior members of Team-BHP and your opinion about them is rash and reflects your own thoughts.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree with Fazalbai to this post of yours. There are dime a dozen Army disposals that can be sourced by anybody, even a newbie or a person like you who does not understand the meaning of the thread.

I have seen most of the forum members here have been very honest in helping anybody with a purchase decision.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@supercars:

You need to get your head examined.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@supercars:

You need to get your head examined.
How true!!!! Till date in T-BHP i haven't seen such meaningless post.
@Supercars, did u do it for getting some attention or just to spoil a healthy thread? Alas!!!! Buddy, you have some attitude issues, get yourself examined as Tini told.

--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 26th October 2009 at 13:21.
Old 26th October 2009, 20:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No, supercars, you are not wrong, you are spot on. It is a shattering revelation that most team-BHPers do not want to even contemplate but most of our lives are controlled by an elite few. Sonia controls the weather and scims agricultural futures trading, Aishwarya Rai controls the media and Obama controls the rest, petroleum, chutney and used jeep sales.

Wake up, fellow Team-BHPers, and smell the coffee.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
No, supercars, you are not wrong, you are spot on. It is a shattering revelation that most team-BHPers do not want to even contemplate but most of our lives are controlled by an elite few. Sonia controls the weather and scims agricultural futures trading, Aishwarya Rai controls the media and Obama controls the rest, petroleum, chutney and used jeep sales.

Wake up, fellow Team-BHPers, and smell the coffee.
Sorry for going OT. DD I almost fell off the chair reading your post. Good one.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:53   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Sorry for going OT. DD I almost fell off the chair reading your post. Good one.
He has that affect on people. Meanwhile I am still trying to contact Aish regarding the Winch Wench service, no luck so far.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:57   #41
BANNED

I might be off topic

Please let me know what will be the minimum quote for a lot of 3 gypsy or MM550 (say 1998-2000 models) considering they are is running / bad condition.

I am planning to get hold of a MSTC registered broker and get a LOT.Just need the approximate cost.

Please help

Thanks
Old 27th October 2009, 19:33   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@joshguy:

There is no minimum quote that is openly available. The bids are realtime so if you have inernet access you can keep bumping up your bid, if you get over bid.
Old 27th October 2009, 20:28   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Bhogalrajnish - please see the thread "What you really want in your MM540 and what will you pay for it" and then decide what you shall do. Please PM me for further details.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 28th October 2009, 06:03   #44
BHPian

Awesome Guys! I am in the same place too, need a daily commute in Bangalore, a ride to my native which is approximately 100 kms (read as off-roading, would put a smile on our off-roading addicts on T-BHP), OTR - may be a couple in a year and chasing monsoon in Kerala.
Now, based on these needs, I almost zeroed on a Bolero VLX (sad it is a 4X2, but the closest to a Jeep which is trouble free daily commute with 100+ cursing speed), but it is not a Jeep. As said by many, Jeep is a Jeep my friend.
Most of any evaluation are done in out head - you know by listing out pros and cons and things like that, but trust me on this, the final decision is made by out heart.
Now, I am in love with Jeeps and cannot think anything beyond a Jeep. For me, the smell of a canvas top, driving in the rain, with rain splashing through the canvas door gaps, the humming of a low RPM diesel engine, low end torque, with all that vibration,. man I am on a high :-)
I would suggest you to follow your heart, if you love your vehicle, every problem will be a joy to fix,. and if now, changing gears could be an issue.
Said and done, everything is beautiful in its own way, Good luck in your search

With T-BHPians you will never go wrong.

Behram Sir, When can we expect your baby,. :-)
Old 28th October 2009, 19:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Bhogalrajnish - please see the thread "What you really want in your MM540 and what will you pay for it" and then decide what you shall do. Please PM me for further details.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
OT:

Behram Sir,

With all due respect, please do not tell anybody to PM you :-) Coz you never answer it. There are atleast 3 reply pending from your side for me. One is about the same thread you mentioned above. And other one is regarding "There is only one way to do the things - the right way" ;-) where u promised me saying that you will guied me to a genuine Jeep mech in B'lore. I know you are a busy man, but i am still wondering when you will clear your PM dues.

No offence meant

Thanks
--Sree--

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks